**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

All or nothing in arena

Are random opponents in arena set to all or nothing? It certainly seems that way as I'm trying to bait out specials for over a minute and nothing happens. Its frustrating, unfair and confusing that only the champs in arena behave this way.

Comments

• silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    people havent been the most helpful when questioning this particular issue, dont worry you're not the only one dexing into the wall for a solid minute. I think theres many variables involved but the strategy is to get your streak and not really worry about it after that, maybe thats why no one really cares to question this too far.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    ShadeZero wrote: »
    Are random opponents in arena set to all or nothing? It certainly seems that way as I'm trying to bait out specials for over a minute and nothing happens. Its frustrating, unfair and confusing that only the champs in arena behave this way.

I don't believe that's exactly what's happening. What I believe is happening is a while back Kabam changed the way the game AI works to give them more options for manipulating how the AI behaves in the game. This was done to allow for, among other things, how Stark Spiderman's taunt works.

Another thing this did was allow them to generate more randomized arena opponents that were more or less aggressive with specials. Because I believe there is a random element to this, sometimes you can face opponents that have an extremely low preference to use either special one or special two. These opponents act almost as if they are all or nothing. But in my testing, I believe they aren't all or nothing. In many cases, they are just nothing: their preferences for special attacks is so low that under the right circumstances they won't throw special three either. And this can sometimes be manipulated: I've discovered when I think I'm fighting such a critter then sometimes (not always) if I continue to fight them and not use specials myself, and try to evade them as much as possible and hold off driving them to three bars for as long as possible, and then when they hit three bars go nuts on them and attack as aggressively as possible, while still not using specials (using specials tends to cause the AI to want to return in kind) they will often just die while holding on to their power without using it. Not always, but often.

I don't think the details of AI mechanics is a subject Kabam wants to talk about either. They have avoided doing so both on the forums and in private messages I've sent about it.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    I usually just tank the SP3 after baiting for a while because I am impatient and I can win the fight quicker that way, my champs can usually only tank 1 SP3, but that’s enough to kill the opponent afterwards
  • MicaelCasMicaelCas Posts: 7
    edited August 2018
    it happens to me too, now i just fight aggressively trying to avoid blocking damage and wait for a inevitable sp3, sometimes i can hold that 3rd special and check how much HP im losing but there are champs that insta kill you with a single sp3.
    take care in specific streaks: 5, 10-15. After that everything is easy game easy life
    ps: remember that kabam often make offers selling arenas recharges, boosters and some SP3 REDUCTION DAMAGE boosters as well, that could be the answer of why they're not doing anything for this issue
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    The ai before fight 10+ are horrendous , i prefer when the Ai is aggressive