**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's going on with the AI?

DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
Parry's are much harder to coax out of the AI during the beginning of matches and during the rest of the fight. Especially during AQ.

During the beginning of matches you'd always be able to get a parry right off the bat. Now the enemy just stops and stares at you.

You also used to be able to parry/5-hit combo 2-4 times in a row, especially before 12.0.

Now if you a get a parry then do a 5 hit combo the AI doesn't hit back so you can parry again, it stands there or blocks. When you hit them to try and get them to hit you so you can get a parry, they dash back, even multiple times.

Coaxing parries out of the AI is much harder now. What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure there are separate timing problems where parry doesn't even register when it should, but there is also a significant change to the way the AI is behaving.

It gives a lot less chances for parries just by the way it behaves. Less aggression, blocking, and even moving back when in the past it wasn't like that.
  • Options
    DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    lol i quit my alliance and stopped playing war and aq because of this **** here. only grind the arena
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Kabam, be upfront with the changes, we don't mind it. We just want to know if something is intended or not.

If you keep making changes to the AI where coaxing parries out of them is becoming more and more of an issue, you're indirectly nerfing parry and it's something we want to know about.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It bugs me that they've indirectly nerfed parry by making them harder to get. The AI doesn't give them up as freely anymore. You have to go through a bunch of riskier encounters to get them now. Which is what Kabam wants.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    Kabam, be upfront with the changes, we don't mind it. We just want to know if something is intended or not.

If you keep making changes to the AI where coaxing parries out of them is becoming more and more of an issue, you're indirectly nerfing parry and it's something we want to know about.

I don't believe it was an intentional change. Some of the mechanics aren't meshing well. That's pretty impossible to do intentionally. The other factors (CR, DR), would have no effect on the interaction of our basic functions in response to the AI. Only the amount of Damage we inflict when we make contact. As I said, I don't believe its a silent nerf, or an intended change. I just think its pretty bad. That's why I've refrained from sharing what I found. Many people are already communicating it.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Well folks you know it's bad when GW agrees with us. Maybe kabam will pay attention now..lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Well folks you know it's bad when GW agrees with us. Maybe kabam will pay attention now..lol

I'm not that bad. I agree with people all the time. Lol. I'm just not much for negativity.
  • Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    If you are patient and just hang back in aq eventually ai will give up and start to charge in.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Not "Intentional"? Is that why they have a new spidey that will coax a special out now? LOL Kabam at it again!
  • Options
    djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    thing is game allways lags in aq and bigger problem is symbioids how strange they act they stay wide open without blocking standing there like nothing if u run for hit u **** up there no way u land first hit if u wait he stay there. AI problem which i found is they recover so fast u cant even react after hitting sp1,2 if it dont throws enemy into big distance they hit so fast u cant even react
  • Options
    OrangeHero570OrangeHero570 Posts: 17
    I realized it's better than before. Dodges, blocks, and attacks well; before... it was just standing for 5 seconds straight.
  • Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    DD2 wrote: »
    Parry's are much harder to coax out of the AI during the beginning of matches and during the rest of the fight. Especially during AQ.

During the beginning of matches you'd always be able to get a parry right off the bat. Now the enemy just stops and stares at you.

You also used to be able to parry/5-hit combo 2-4 times in a row, especially before 12.0.

Now if you a get a parry then do a 5 hit combo the AI doesn't hit back so you can parry again, it stands there or blocks. When you hit them to try and get them to hit you so you can get a parry, they dash back, even multiple times.

Coaxing parries out of the AI is much harder now. What's going on?

In AQ, if it's against Symbioids, those guys just have dumb A.I. for whatsoever reason (map 5 or below).
    Against everyone else, I have noticed that (without dumb A.I.) they have been hitting us less and less at the start of the fight.
    Goes to show you should train your intercepting more. At least they can't nerf THAT mechanic much.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Just saying, why should the AI have the same algorithm for attacks so you. An parry right off the bat? I intercept more than I parry nowadays. I think parrying is harder in act 5 than other content. I constantly miss an entire block because the game didn't register me trying to parry like I do in all other content
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    What aq map and prestige and does this happen for boss fights? I notice this only in 4k prestige and higher but anything lower is pretty easy to Parry. I am adjusting by being patient like 420down suggested. Fights take longer but is much more reliable this way. But for bosses it seems the same.
    420down wrote: »
    If you are patient and just hang back in aq eventually ai will give up and start to charge in.
  • Options
    EggmanPEIEggmanPEI Posts: 16
    Before 14.0 came out I would always start the fight with a parry, with a near-perfect success rate. To test what people are talking about in this thread, I decided to write down the "first action" of the AI by performing 50 consecutive fights in the 3* featured arena. I used only 3* 3/30 and 4/40 champs, and my only action at the start of all 50 fights was to perform a parry, as I normally do. Here are the results of what the opponent did:

(# of times, opponent action)

5 - stopped dead in their tracks in front of me
    2 - stopped, then dashed back
    2 - stopped, then heavy attack
    5 - stopped, then medium attack
    9 - dash back
    3 - medium attack
    2 - immediate heavy
    22 - successful parries I performed on the opponent.

I would have to say at a bare minimum, the v14.0 AI has definitely changed in the way they start their fights.
  • Options
    Thank you Eggman.

I find AQ even worse especially with the symbioids.

Kabam, can you tell us what's going on?
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Bump.
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    I'll be shocked if we get an answer
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I don't think they care, there's a lot of things going on with the game an each day, each update they just seem to screw up more things.

In general the ai since 12.0 has gotten out of hand and kabam has said multiple times that they're looking into it or that they fixed it yet a lot of the issues players have been talking about are still here.

The ai still goes nuts and block everything, they still do many things that we can't, they still recover to fast, they still can special 2 and one right after another, and get really aggressive. They hit most of their parries, their abiilites work, they get extra strides, they get blocks to work, they get evades that work, they get specials that work etc.

Also all kinds of other issues start happening around the time the ai goes into hyper aggressive mode, that makes moving and fighting back impossible because they won't respond and I for one am getting tired of it.

Before 12.0 I had no issues with evading, swiping , blocking and since then I've had nothing but issues and it seems just to get worse especially in alliance quest and wars.

Today was nothing but frustration in war they wouldn't respond and the ai just teed off on my and took advantage of the fact that my character won't move. Then when I fight back they start getting more aggressive and passive depending on how you fight them which would be fine if there wasn't so many other issues with the game.

I just wish they would fix the game, I wish they would take a hard look at the ai and actually do something about it

• Options
    Kabam, can we please get a response?
  • Options
    KojomaotoKojomaoto Posts: 25
    That idle state of ai pisses me off, like im blocking and he is standing next to me, if i dash back he catches me with his dash if i try to hit him he hits me first. Its really annoying. And recovery time is so fast sometimes ive noticed when you do mllll combo you dont get the chance to block at all, and it it happens with mlllm combo but more rarely.
  • Options
    bump