**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does one wait to dupe before ranking?

Hello, I’ve read a lot of post where people say to wait for dupe before ranking up some champions.

Why is that? Wouldn’t the champ be equally as strong if I r5 him and then awaken or vice-versa?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Because who knows how long it’ll take to dupe a champ. It could be years and there may be other awakened champs that would function better ranked. For example if you have an unawakened Starlord and an awakened Blade, Blade is most definitely the better choice to rank because Starlord gets most of his use out of his sig ability. Some champs like Angela, Masacre, and Corvus don’t really get much from their sig, so those champs you will see at R4 unduped a lot more commonly.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    that was a great explanation.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Hello, I’ve read a lot of post where people say to wait for dupe before ranking up some champions.

Why is that? Wouldn’t the champ be equally as strong if I r5 him and then awaken or vice-versa?

It honestly depends on the champ and how good or useful they are awakened/unawakened. I took up my 5* Magik, Gwenpool, Nightcrawler, and Sparky to R4 even though none were awakened. The reason is because they are fantastic whether awakened or not. Since then I've duped all of them but Gwenpool so that is a plus. But it really all depends on how good the champ is and how much better they can be when awakened.
  • Tahmkench911Tahmkench911 Posts: 61
    amazing, thank you!
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    One does. One doesn’t.