**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unit Reimbursement - Urgent

Good evening,
I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I am not a person who complains or tries to make waves over simple things that occur within the game. I have been playing this game for over a year-and-a-half now and have never been frustrated like I am at the moment. I work incredibly hard to stay consistent and have not missed a single day of logging in in over 15 months. Every month I beat heroic, master, & uncollected. After beating master, I started uncollected and got back to the boss adaptoid about an hour ago. I was put in an unreasonable position, where I was completely defenseless and unable to progress. I used 4 boosts and countless health. Over the past month I have saved over 1,250 units. I cycled through every bit of that in purchasing over 30+ revives. I was using an awakened 5* Hyperion over 10K and literally made zero difference. Not only did I waste over an hour of my time, but I wasted all of those units, and I am in an unwinnable position now.

I am literally shocked that there was no solution or way to get around this. I don't know how anyone could possibly look at this as anything other than an oversight and I gave it everything I could with multiple high-level Champs, only to have been left feeling distraught. I know that you're unable to give me that our of my life back or progress me further in the game. I am going to ask you to Simply restore the units I used on that single fight. I know that you can see exactly what was use there and can fully understand what occurred. I have been a loyal fan of this game and never asked for anything. I ask that you please recognize the situation and take action as soon as possible, so I can restore some semblance of desire to play the game. I greatly appreciate your consideration in this matter and look forward to your response. Have a wonderful evening.

User Id: Khonshu2099

zux0ymk94kj6.png

Comments

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Good evening,
    I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I am not a person who complains or tries to make waves over simple things that occur within the game. I have been playing this game for over a year-and-a-half now and have never been frustrated like I am at the moment. I work incredibly hard to stay consistent and have not missed a single day of logging in in over 15 months. Every month I beat heroic, master, & uncollected. After beating master, I started uncollected and got back to the boss adaptoid about an hour ago. I was put in an unreasonable position, where I was completely defenseless and unable to progress. I used 4 boosts and countless health. Over the past month I have saved over 1,250 units. I cycled through every bit of that in purchasing over 30+ revives. I was using an awakened 5* Hyperion over 10K and literally made zero difference. Not only did I waste over an hour of my time, but I wasted all of those units, and I am in an unwinnable position now.

I am literally shocked that there was no solution or way to get around this. I don't know how anyone could possibly look at this as anything other than an oversight and I gave it everything I could with multiple high-level Champs, only to have been left feeling distraught. I know that you're unable to give me that our of my life back or progress me further in the game. I am going to ask you to Simply restore the units I used on that single fight. I know that you can see exactly what was use there and can fully understand what occurred. I have been a loyal fan of this game and never asked for anything. I ask that you please recognize the situation and take action as soon as possible, so I can restore some semblance of desire to play the game. I greatly appreciate your consideration in this matter and look forward to your response. Have a wonderful evening.

User Id: Khonshu2099

zux0ymk94kj6.png

A certain 2* champs can beat that fight so definitely not impossible.

Since this quest began there has been so many threads offering help an advice on which champs are great for this fight, Ronan(duped) being top of the list. There are so many more too. Part of the challenge is to figure out which champ will be best for each boss fight, you would not take gwenpool into a bleed\poison node fight. These bosses have huge amount of buffs so you need to bring a champ that can use this to their advantage.
  • Options
    Khonshu2018Khonshu2018 Posts: 11
    I appreciate you thoughts, but that is no feather my friend. I typically dominate these events, which you are unable to see on your end. My point was that him being Unlockable under 25%, mixed with all his other boosts were an unfortunate oversight. If the result of me giving everything for an hour, with that roster, and he is STILL at 25% after 30 revives... Your damn right that is too much.

s1x3mmc3cn73.png
  • Options
    You wont dominate every fight my friend. Kabam is changing the meta every month. I usually do very well in monthly EQ but this month was particularly rough for me as I was impatient.

I recommend studying the node and figuring out how to shut his abilities down. Brute force is not always the best path. He is a robot and is therefore subject to the armor shatter from medusa. shuts down power and regen completely.

Sorry to say your units are most likely gone. Don't let the game tilt you. Back out of the quest, take a break and regroup. I know its easier said than done but you will have no regrets if you do.
  • Options
    HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    The adaptoid boss has a few counters, and unfortunately none of the champs you took into the fight were any of them. Hence my feather comment. As strong as your 5 champs were, they would have found it nearly impossible to kill the adaptoid. A 3* Ronan however would have worked very easily against the adaptoid and kept him stunlocked the entire fight. Would take about 300 hits but easily done. A medusa would also work here. They noded him in such a way that the usual heavy hitters would find it really hard to defeat him.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Ronan
    Medusa
    Nebula
    Morningstar
    Magik
    Cap IW

Off the top of my head those are the champs I’ve seen make this thing easy, personally I used a ronan, made quick work with downing him in about 120 hits
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    I went in when it first came out and got wiped out because I didn't expect that. Backed out and brought Ronan. Really simple and only cost 30 units for the energy
  • Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    I believe the oversight was on your side. There are plenty of others (myself included) who has already 100% uncollected, and without potions... its about taking the right people to the right fights. Once you get that you'll be good. j54haw2dmvdr.jpg
  • Options
    Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    Take it from someone who finished it.
    A 2* maxed out Ronan cannot even kill master's adaptoid
    A 3* maxed out Ronan needs over 5 minutes and over 500 hits.
    Medusa is the best counter, the strategy is 4 hits, dash back, dash forward. Once you master it you would realize this is one of the easiest EQs. You won't have to spend a single unit on it. There is no one to kill you, apart from Domino on Masochism, but seeing you have Voodoo, it wouldn't be a problem if she kills you once of twice :D
  • Options
    I really appreciate everybody taking the time to put their feedback here. I have to say that I completely agree with pretty much everyone's assessment of the situation. I understand that part of it was my oversight on who to bring during that matchup.

That being said, there are two points I am trying to make with this. The first being that I used Hyperion the first time around, stun chaining in Master and beat him easily. The reason that is important, is I brought the same champs for the Uncollected map and then purchased 30 revives, initiated 4 boosts, and yet still didn't make a dent in him. Regardless of what Champs you bring, utilizing these tools that are provided by Kabam should allow you to at least chip away at a potential foe. Each of us have done this before as we have progressed through the game. My point was that there was no way to make any headway, with the way he is noded, as strong as my champs are. There is no doubt that there are certain Champs that could have managed the node easier.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The very definition of insanity.

After a few tries you should have realized it wasn’t going to work, especially if you can’t intercept an unblockable finale. Fortunately this adaptoid is easy to intercept compared to other champs.

Plenty of counters, and many are older, more common champs.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I really appreciate everybody taking the time to put their feedback here. I have to say that I completely agree with pretty much everyone's assessment of the situation. I understand that part of it was my oversight on who to bring during that matchup.

That being said, there are two points I am trying to make with this. The first being that I used Hyperion the first time around, stun chaining in Master and beat him easily. The reason that is important, is I brought the same champs for the Uncollected map and then purchased 30 revives, initiated 4 boosts, and yet still didn't make a dent in him. Regardless of what Champs you bring, utilizing these tools that are provided by Kabam should allow you to at least chip away at a potential foe. Each of us have done this before as we have progressed through the game. My point was that there was no way to make any headway, with the way he is noded, as strong as my champs are. There is no doubt that there are certain Champs that could have managed the node easier.

I could not disagree with you more.

You made poor choices and now you blame the game for your mistakes and have the audacity to demand reparations.

Own your mistakes and learn from them.

PS: This was one of the best UC monthly events thus far.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Basically what you are asking for is a refund of units spent because you went in and used all your resources before doing any research on how others were beating him? Didnt look at the dozens of youtube videos or no less than 30 posts on the forums or even ask others what it takes? So that method entitles you to ask for reimbursement of resources? Not the way it works sir.
    You dont get to ask for units back because you couldn't "dominate" this UC. You get to look how others did it and find a way to beat him or skip UC this month. Thats the options you have.
  • Options
    CrisprCrispr Posts: 17
    Maybe Kabam will reimburse a percentage of those units. You might be in luck since you have a screenshot of the adaptoids remaining health. Whatever number that is ask Kabam for that. Im sure they will take care of this unfortunate incident. However, choosing a better argument might be wise too. I also heard 3* Gambit can be a useful counter! If you continue asking Kabam for those units I have no doubt that eventually you will recieve them. Stay calm and be persistent. Cheers!
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    LOL. OP is being unreasonable here. There's always a red option that looks like a door at the bottom right of your screen that you chose not to press after spending some units and realized that you're not making any leeway in bringing your opponent down.
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Crispr wrote: »
    Maybe Kabam will reimburse a percentage of those units. You might be in luck since you have a screenshot of the adaptoids remaining health. Whatever number that is ask Kabam for that. Im sure they will take care of this unfortunate incident. However, choosing a better argument might be wise too. I also heard 3* Gambit can be a useful counter! If you continue asking Kabam for those units I have no doubt that eventually you will recieve them. Stay calm and be persistent. Cheers!

I really hope they don't reimburse him anything.
    As others have said it is entirely his fault, too many people just go into every quest with the exact same champs expecting to just power through. Sometimes you need to think a little especially before throwing 1000+ units at it
  • Options
    Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    edited August 2018
    I’m seeing your main gripe is the unblockable finale node. Have you ever heard of the intercepting technique. Think as the adaptoid, and adapt.

P.S, i wrecked that adaptoid with different champs each run, Voodoo, Magik, Ronan, Morningstar and Even for the fun of it, Modok
  • Options
    FuchinFuchin Posts: 10
    Poor dude. I feel for you.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    It is not a good design at all yes Ronan can do it I used my 4* 4/40 and about 300 plus hits. It’s mind numbing to sit there for 4 min and pound away at a defenseless champ. I would willing to wager some money that had the game team thought about Ronan they would have put a counter in place for him. It stinks but is definitely doable.
  • Options
    I love how so few see the big picture here. I am not some fool that stumbled my way to Uncollected or defeated the Realm Of Legends with the same squad. Take the time to think about what I have laid out instead of boasting about you beating this or how simple it could be. This was meant to be a constructive insight for MCOC from a seasoned champion, about a key configuration.

Some have choosen to jump all over this as a chance to whine or **** all over another member of the same community. Trust me, you have better things to do.
  • Options
    DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    That's really not what's happening here. You tried to fight him head on using your biggest hitters, same as you do every month in EQ and it's worked fine up to now. However it didn't work this month did it? Rather than acting like a "seasoned champion" you just kept smacking your head on that wall waiting for it to fall down, spending on revive after revive and making absolutely no difference. Meanwhile a majority of the player base either researched what tactics other people had used or backed out and went in with a different team to try their own tactics. Guess who ended up whining on the forum and who ended up collecting the rewards for EQ?
  • Options
    HaHa, same old mess. Dude I did back out of it after all this and went through it. Your small mindedness still can't grasp that I am pointing out that there was no way to spend you way through or CHIP away at the opponent. That should not be an option when you are selling units to assist players in advancing.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It's just as you've said, You made an oversight, You spent tons of units only to get so close. I really do feel the pain of spending those hard earned units. However, it a choice that you made to use those units, and you'll have to live with the decision you made.

I've made a similar oversight too, I spent Alot if units on revives in act 5.2.5, only to make it to the final storm and come up short. I've had to leave and retry again after saving up even more units.
  • Options
    DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    Ah...... so because you couldn't pay your way through this one it must be broken? Gotcha.

It's ironic that you use phrases like "small mindedness" when you are so vehemently defending your use of champs that are not suited to that adaptoid boss, despite the fact that almost every reply on here has informed you of that and there are countless other threads discussing the best tactics.

Still, you just keep doing you fella and we can all look forward to your next "I used all my units to try and beat this bit of the game that so many others have beaten, but I couldn't so I demand a refund" post 😉