**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does latest Killmonger arena illustrate the depressing state of the game?

A Four star Killmonger had as high of a cutoff as Blade. He is 1/2 the champ overall, but is extremely good against auto block champs. The thing is.. there is both a 5 AND 6 star version of Killmonger - and top players were grinding to get a four star version. To me this is kind of sad.

To me this shows kabam new MO is to introduce champs (Modok, Medusa, iron man IW) who have features making them extremely challenging against all but 2-3 champs who they are EASY against. My four star 3/30 Blade will destroy a maxed dupe Dormammu of any rank, but almost no other champs can. I don’t think this is a good thing for a game to aspire to become.

Does latest Killmonger arena illustrate the depressing state of the game? 184 votes

Yes. It’s an unending cycle of frustration.
26%
BigPoppaCBONERedBaron99StrategicmostlyharmlessnAntony687CapWW2Riise81AxeCopFireStefanjonesFallencircusSon_of_OdinNew_Noob168fish8sixsha2356__GAM3RGUYApacheKing_L0kiB34rHERVE_LEANDRECommandoJustusCastrum 48 votes
No. Stop whining.
73%
DL864winterthurVoluntarisMattyloVdh2008Captain_KandiceRagamugginGunnerdanielmathdkatrylShrimkinsSnizzbarMr_Platypushumzah217Willjackson16stakRaganatorCFreeNinjAlanxNig2StarKing 136 votes

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    No. Stop whining.
    Killmonger is an amazing champ.
  • Options
    Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    No. Stop whining.
    This is just the evolution of the games meta... blade wrecks villains, so people place auto block... force people to bring killmonger, so then they place evades, force people to bring x, change defense to y... this is how a game is supposed to be and is supposed to evolve...
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    Yeah, this seemed fishy so I actually checked the cutoff history spreadsheet. Blade went 5.0 and 5.3 and that was after EVERYONE had hoarded shards for months to get him as a 5* from the last run of his feature crystal. So I think this thread is done.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    It's important to remember that there are always newer players that don't have an end game level account, for which a 4 star Killmonger would help their progression immensely.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    Did you grind and missed the cutoff?

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    oh no! another champ people want! whatever will the game do!
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    I don't really see why this is a problem. High arena cutoffs are nothing new.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    anyone miss the days of potentially overshooting for the champ you wanted? Imagine that dynamic now. Overshooting for blade and potentially getting an ant man.
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    anyone miss the days of potentially overshooting for the champ you wanted? Imagine that dynamic now. Overshooting for blade and potentially getting an ant man.

I remember those days. Im also glad their gone.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    I don't really see why this is a problem. High arena cutoffs are nothing new.

Not to mention it wasn't even particularly high...
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    The premise of this entire thread is based on an easily researched and yet incorrect statement.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    A Four star Killmonger had as high of a cutoff as Blade.

Blade had cutoffs of 5M and 5.3M
    Killmonger went for 3.4ish

If the math I know is correct (and I`m pretty sure it is), 3.4 is not even close to 5.
    Since KM is a relatively new champ (and a strong one) there are lots of people who don't have him, and want him. Some to use him, some just to have him for the collection.
    I can't see how this is illustrating any "depressing state of the game".

With regards to Blade, he was the best in the game since he was introduced, till maybe 2 months ago when the hard counters came out. Those hard counters will be available in the arenas in a few months time, when again, lots of people will want them and the cutoffs will go very high.
    By the time we reach that point, there will be other champs which will be hard counters to them (especially IMIW, CapIW and Domino, as they are very good (broken as some call them) right now).
    Will that also illustrate a depressing state of the game ? :smile:
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I hate to break it to you, but your 4* 3/30 Blade won't stand a chance against 5* maxed Dorm...
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Yes. It’s an unending cycle of frustration.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you, but your 4* 3/30 Blade won't stand a chance against 5* maxed Dorm...

Redo your masteries and don't set any points in dexterity. Bait sp1 all the time. It can be done, just need the skill.
  • Options

Redo your masteries and don't set any points in dexterity. Bait sp1 all the time. It can be done, just need the skill.

that's an awful lot of work just to make sure a 3/30 champ can beat Dorm... I know it is theoretically possible, but as you've pointed out, not without some changes to mastery and quite a lot of skill. It's not necessarily an easy task.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

3/30 magik on the other hand...
  • Options
    Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    No. Stop whining.
    Really the fact you think killmonger is half the champ blade is when blades only really great against villains and mystics is hysterical killmonger has so much more utility than blade I would take up killmonger over blade any day
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    Really the fact you think killmonger is half the champ blade is when blades only really great against villains and mystics is hysterical killmonger has so much more utility than blade I would take up killmonger over blade any day

Yeah. I would take KM over blade any day. If we get RDTs...guess who is getting ranked down.
  • Options
    Raganator wrote: »

Yeah. I would take KM over blade any day. If we get RDTs...guess who is getting ranked down.

Would you take KM to r5 over Blade? I ask, because I have a skill awakening gem and a skill r3-r4 gem that I am currently saving for Blade. I also have 4 t5 basics, and I'm just waiting for a good champ to r5. With the 5* cinematic crystal coming up I have a shot at 5* KM, but I guess I wasn't aware how much better than Blade he is because I don't have the 4* version. Then there's also the possibility of pulling him as a 6*... Does he need the dupe or no?
  • Options
    No. Stop whining.

Would you take KM to r5 over Blade? I ask, because I have a skill awakening gem and a skill r3-r4 gem that I am currently saving for Blade. I also have 4 t5 basics, and I'm just waiting for a good champ to r5. With the 5* cinematic crystal coming up I have a shot at 5* KM, but I guess I wasn't aware how much better than Blade he is because I don't have the 4* version. Then there's also the possibility of pulling him as a 6*... Does he need the dupe or no?

It's really a personal preference. I know people LOVE Blade...just look at profiles of the top players. I have him at r4 and he rides the bench. I would love to have my generic gem back that I used on him. It depends on what you value in the game. I will always prefer power control (for example) over huge damage. There is not doubt that Blade can walk through content depending on matchups and synergies. His regen makes Lab cheap with him.

As for KM, Kabam is clearly shitfting (at least in the short term) toward autoblock/parry champions. KM fairly easily gets True Strike and can do big damage. Some may say KM's duped ability isn't necessary, but there is a big damage increase if he is awakened. I think Kabam saw a huge money maker with the release of Blade, and then subsequently shifted their focus to champs that Blade does not counter as well (e.g., villians are no longer villians, etc.).

No shame in Blade - just not someone I use at all.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    The real problem is that now, without the good old featured crystals, all you get from 5* crystals are crappy champs. This is why we still grind for 4*
  • Options

It's really a personal preference. I know people LOVE Blade...just look at profiles of the top players. I have him at r4 and he rides the bench. I would love to have my generic gem back that I used on him. It depends on what you value in the game. I will always prefer power control (for example) over huge damage. There is not doubt that Blade can walk through content depending on matchups and synergies. His regen makes Lab cheap with him.

As for KM, Kabam is clearly shitfting (at least in the short term) toward autoblock/parry champions. KM fairly easily gets True Strike and can do big damage. Some may say KM's duped ability isn't necessary, but there is a big damage increase if he is awakened. I think Kabam saw a huge money maker with the release of Blade, and then subsequently shifted their focus to champs that Blade does not counter as well (e.g., villians are no longer villians, etc.).

No shame in Blade - just not someone I use at all.

Ok thanks for the info. I have a generic 5* gem also, but was kind of waiting for someone who absolutely needs the dupe to use it on, still not really sure who I will use it on. I currently still have a goal to 100% lab, but I am waiting on the right champ(s) to make it less expensive because I am F2P. I will keep this information in mind if I manage to pull KM.
  • Options
    RocapRocap Posts: 222
    No. Stop whining.
    While I agree with part of your post (it's frustrating and sad to have top players still push and grind for a champ they both already have and have a better version of), I think it's more that Kabam should also have a basic 5* arena for 5* and 6* champs rather than just the basic 4* arena. So they could have a basic 4* that uses 3/4 and a 5* that uses 5/6. Blade is better but Killmonger is amazing and he still didn't reach anywhere near the same points. So that isn't a valid argument.
  • Options
    MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    I wouldn't awaken Blade anyway. I really don't understand people who awaken him with a generic gem. In the fights where you might need it you won't even get a chance to regen properly. If you play well, you can do most anything with a r4 5*. In 3 months he'll be out of AW and in AQ maybe? I would still R4 him even though he's becoming more and more useless in AW every day.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    this is so confusing... blade went for 5mil, killmonger went for 3.4mil, how are they even close to each other?
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    this is so confusing... blade went for 5mil, killmonger went for 3.4mil, how are they even close to each other?

I think the idea is that "5,000,000" and "3,400,000" are both numbers, not one being a number and the other a letter.

Since they're both numbers, they are made of the same thing.

As for the amount of the same thing, they are not similar.
  • Options
    Voluntaris wrote: »

I think the idea is that "5,000,000" and "3,400,000" are both numbers, not one being a number and the other a letter.

Since they're both numbers, they are made of the same thing.

As for the amount of the same thing, they are not similar.

nu346m4goe5m.gif
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    No. Stop whining.
    How fast we forget basic arena champions like Hyperion going for 6+ million points both rounds
  • Options
    No. Stop whining.
    How fast we forget basic arena champions like Hyperion going for 6+ million points both rounds

I remember putting up like 7 million for BW because I just could not pull her from a crystal. If I'm not mistaken, that was not long before 12.0. RIP.