**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Story Quest Act 4 Permanent Energy Reduction

AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
In this Summoner's Appreciation Week, Kabam is "temporarily" reducing the energy cost of Act 4.
Shouldn't they "permanently" reduce the act 4's energy cost as there are now many more things to work on which requires energy (Event Quests, Side Event Quests and Daily Quests), what are you opinions on this thought guys?

PS- Personal Opinion (No offense to the old players who have completed it before)

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I agree. This will help save units and time for act 4 and too get closer too getting to act 5.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    No, they shouldn’t. Act 4 is meant to be explored only by those who put a bit of effort in it.
    Yes, there are lots of stuff you can use energy on. That is probably one of the reasons they are giving energy refills in the peak milestones nowadays.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    What was the need to flag it?
    I don't remember posting anything offensive
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    If they want to reimburse those that completed it at 3 per step, sure.

well, when they reduced the map size of act 5, did people who had already done it asked for compensation @Rogue42?
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    AdiMukh555 wrote: »

well, when they reduced the map size of act 5, did people who had already done it asked for compensation @Rogue42?

Wait... I must have missed something. When and what did they reduce in act 5?
    Appleisgod wrote: »

u3szicktef4w.png

@Appleisgod thought this meant that act 5 was reduced
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

u3szicktef4w.png

He's saying it's smaller then act 4 energy wise. They have never reduced act 5 in any way. Elders bane here

u3szicktef4w.png

He's saying it's smaller then act 4 energy wise. They have never reduced act 5 in any way. Elders bane here

apologies @Appleisgod , my bad
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You were probably flagged because you already made a thread about reducing the energy requirement for Act 4 (not by me though).

And no the energy requirement should not be reduced permanently. It's already been nerfed and be thankful Kabam brought back this temporary energy reduction to help players like you. Take it and run; don't be greedy.
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Yeah act 4 is a pain, chapter 3 need like 5800 energy to be completed. The problem is not the energy cost but the size of those maps.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    No. You new players already get 4* and 5* like free candy compared to old players who had to do this with 3* champs. Stop looking for shortcuts and buy your energy refills like everyone else did.
  • MΑTRIXMΑTRIX Posts: 13
    Patience is Virtue
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Rektor wrote: »
    No. You new players already get 4* and 5* like free candy compared to old players who had to do this with 3* champs. Stop looking for shortcuts and buy your energy refills like everyone else did.

You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

You’ve done it. Congratulations. You know it sucks. Why not support an effort to keep others from having to suffer...
    Bapoi wrote: »

You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

You’ve done it. Congratulations. You know it sucks. Why not support an effort to keep others from having to suffer...

If you want to suffer ask them to undo the juggy nerf as you fight him with 3* gamora.

You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

If you want to suffer ask them to undo the juggy nerf as you fight him with 3* gamora.

My act 4 completion was done waaaaaaaay ago kind sir.
    I loathed Juggs, I loathed Mags. At that point, Maestro was about as much fun as getting kicked in the shin repeatedly at the exact same spot.

Doesn’t mean things shouldn’t or couldn’t change.

Why would my fighting the atrocious Juggs that he was warrant the need for going on a ‘in my day...’ tangent?

The question is valid. Whether it will stick beyond this appreciation week.. Doubtful.
    Would you like your slippers and a blanky now?
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    No it's not valid. It's just another whine on a long list of them from people who think they deserve to be where all the people ahead of them are. Nobody seems to like the fact they have to actually progress in the game like everyone else did before them. I don't have time for this. I need this to do this. Why is this so hard? It should be easier.

So no, I don't agree that the question is valid.
    crogs wrote: »
    No it's not valid. It's just another whine on a long list of them from people who think they deserve to be where all the people ahead of them are. Nobody seems to like the fact they have to actually progress in the game like everyone else did before them. I don't have time for this. I need this to do this. Why is this so hard? It should be easier.

So no, I don't agree that the question is valid.

Noone is asking for it to be made easier. The question is for a reduction in energy cost.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

How is the question itself invalid... It is a normal question, that can receive a normal answer (most likely no, thatks beside the point though), so what is your issue other than saltiness over past heartships that you wish upon others?

You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

I loathed Juggs, I loathed Mags. At that point, Maestro was about as much fun as getting kicked in the shin repeatedly at the exact same spot.

Why would my fighting the atrocious Juggs that he was warrant the need for going on a ‘in my day...’ tangent?

The question is valid. Whether it will stick beyond this appreciation week.. Doubtful.

Smug nobody writing paragraphs like a lunatic talking about tangents. Stop crying on your soapbox.

30 units per refill. No big deal.

You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

Smug nobody writing paragraphs like a lunatic talking about tangents. Stop crying on your soapbox.

30 units per refill. No big deal.

Smug..
    Nobody..
    Lunatic for using grammar instead of tweet style oneliners...
    Oh and I’m crying...
    Yeah, you completely convinced me. Strong argument. Good on you.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

Permanently reducing Act 4 energy costs would set a dangerous precedent for nerfing past content. Other players have already backed this up by mentioning how Act 4 has already been nerfed and how much easier it is to obtain 4*s and 5*s to use in Act 4. "Keep others from having to suffer" is a poor argument based on emotional reasoning instead of logic. You need to provide better reasons for attempting to validate this argument.
    You’re one of these:
    mnohcpr02dnx.jpeg

Permanently reducing Act 4 energy costs would set a dangerous precedent for nerfing past content. Other players have already backed this up by mentioning how Act 4 has already been nerfed and how much easier it is to obtain 4*s and 5*s to use in Act 4. "Keep others from having to suffer" is a poor argument based on emotional reasoning instead of logic. You need to provide better reasons for attempting to validate this argument.

First off, I wasn’t the one asking for a reduction. I was merely stating that in spite of popular opinion, the question itself is not invalid. I stand to gain zero value should the change come. It won’t though. For the reason you described at that. Setting precedents is not a good thing.
    Still, the question is valid for lower level players that have a little more difficulty with their energy.

On my second account, I had to make do with far less energy than anyone now stating it shouldn’t change has. That is the group of people asking. The group that isn’t sitting on 70 energy yet. Again, I don’t see it happening, I get the reason for asking though. Perfectly valid question again.

The tone in which newer players were addressed triggered my initial response. The replies to that were much in the same ‘back when I was a wee summoner’.

TL;DR:
    No, this will likely not happen. The replies on average here didn’t go anywhere beyond ‘suck it up, we don’t want you to have anything we never had’, and that attitude towards newer players sucks. Your response was the one with a valid argument not to change it. Thank you for that.
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    What are the toughest parts of act 4 to do while energy cost are low for a week? I 100 percented the first two acts already and want to do as much of three and four as possible on appreciation week
    There are several maps, and I don’t know them of the top of my head, that normally require in excess of 120 energy. Those are paths worth doing in that week. Most paths are long though, some are just far worse than that.
    Jeez, stop guys, I apologise for putting up an unpopular opinion as a discussion
    No point in arguing over it. :)
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I don't think it is as needed anymore. If you take part it alliance events, you can get 2 energy refills a week.
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    Adding a 5* crystal for 100% exploration would balance it