Options

About multiple accounts and piloting

I’ve seen a question surface from time to time now...

Will multiple accounts risk getting banned for piloting?

I know alot of people have had baby accounts and some of them grew decent and ofcourse it’s beneficial to bring a second account in every now and then.

Alot of people are afraid that this will be detected as piloting. Alot of people think you’re just looking for 2 accounts leaping frog on the same IP.
My hope is that you’re reasonable enough to look for 2 IP’s leaping frog on the same account or something like that.

I want this straightened out once and for all.
To my knowledge having multiple accounts doesn’t violate ToS.

Comments

• Options
    dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Kabam has said they won't reveal the criteria they use to determine if someone is piloting, because obviously people will figure out ways to not trigger those alarms. You will not be punished if you have multiple personal accounts, they've been clear about that.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    No it won't as long as you are the creator and the sole user of the accounts you'll be fine to have as many or as few as you want on as many or as few devices that you want.

I'm speaking as a person with 2 accounts, as a person with them both in the same alliance and I have two different devices though occasionally I am forced to access them both on my main phone if I don't have access to my other one.

I've had 0 issues with kabam my alliance has not been docked by kabam and they know about both them and both them being in the same alliance where they've been for over a year now and I am the only one is using them and will never ever give my information out.

They've already said it was okay all over the place, something else is tripping their system which tracks many things like your timezone, if you use your account in one and then someone else is accessing it across the world seconds later then you are going to get caught.

If something doesn't match their system then it will flag it and then they will investigate it and then your alliance will get docked afterwards while the one doing it may not get any penalty which makes it harder to detect and police on our side which sucks but there isn't anything we can do about it because they will not change their policies up.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Already have had alliance penalized multiple times for using multiple accounts on same device. Everyone in alliance has at least 2 accounts. We don't share accounts but have been penalized 5 times for piloting. So now finally had to move all baby accounts to different alliance because kabam sucks.

Something tripped their system, and all you have is their word and that's not enough sometimes. If a person also bought and account from someone or was given one then that is considered account sharring.

Fir the record they track a lot of things like.

Who created the accounts
    The emails tied to them
    Your device type
    Your device ID
    Device information and status
    Your purchases
    What you do in game ie rank champions etc
    Behavioral data
    User ID
    View your network connection
    View your WiFi connection
    Get data from the internet
    Files they download to your device
    Data they collect from Google or apple
    And more

If these don't match then they penalize your allaince, it's not that complicated and if it keeps happening then someone isn't being honest.
  • Options
    CaykoCayko Posts: 111

Fir the record they track a lot of things like.

Who created the accounts
    The emails tied to them
    Your device type
    Your device ID
    Device information and status
    Your purchases
    What you do in game ie rank champions etc
    Behavioral data
    User ID
    View your network connection
    View your WiFi connection
    Get data from the internet
    Files they download to your device
    Data they collect from Google or apple
    And more

If these don't match then they penalize your allaince, it's not that complicated and if it keeps happening then someone isn't being honest.

How do you know they do all of this?

My hope is that their system is legit and bs-free. I know others who plays 2 accounts on a single device as standard.

From what I’ve understood someone actually has to be reported for Kabam to look closer so single instances doesn’t necessarily prove anything.

Tho my belief is that their stuff is legit and that some people in the community simply lies...

And they don’t need to worry about people circumventing them. People already do and we know that.
  • Options
    Hey guys, as has been pointed out already in this thread, we will not discuss the exact methods that we use to detect account-sharing. However, having more than one account is not a violation of our Terms of Service and won't lead to you getting banned. We have stated this many times before!

To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.