**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Daily Quest Proving Ground Expert so hard?

Mostly this question is in regard to the Daily Quest (Tech/Magic/Skill/whatever) Hard being materials for the same upgrades but with 1/3 of the difficulty. I can get those done easily but I'm still running 4* L30 and 5* L25 so taking on a 12k boss is a bit imposing. Am I missing something? I feel like this is sort of a wall.

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Its not hard. My 4*s can win in auto fight.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Join an alliance that does AQ daily. You will at least earn 1 t4bc per week.
  • Spurgeo14 wrote: »

What power level? I have a few at 2800ish, but to get higher I need those T4Bs.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Pretty much need a team of rank 4 4* or rank 2 5* to clear the expert proving ground easily. Basically every resource in the game requires that you already be at the level that uses it in order to get them easily.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Mostly this question is in regard to the Daily Quest (Tech/Magic/Skill/whatever) Hard being materials for the same upgrades but with 1/3 of the difficulty. I can get those done easily but I'm still running 4* L30 and 5* L25 so taking on a 12k boss is a bit imposing. Am I missing something? I feel like this is sort of a wall.

It is becasue T4 Cats are some of the most highly valued items in the game and thus the most rare and hardest to get. You should get enough naturally from calendars and events to level up a couple R4s or 5* R2s like I have. Also the Glory Store you can buy T4 Basics as well if yo need to.

Basically by the time you really really need them you should have a team that can do it fairly easily ;) This game is all about slow progression and the long term game.

Want to know something odd... I had not done them for so long I am only NOW realizing I am strong enough to do them now. Lol... wow... that really is weird.
  • ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Its T4BC SHARDS!!! For crying out loud what u expect??
    ss1100 wrote: »
    Its T4BC SHARDS!!! For crying out loud what u expect??

You need to try and remember there are tons of new players coming in all the time s most have no grasp on how important T4s are... I didn't until months into playing.
    BTW... are the small amounts of T4B Fragments Expert gives you is is worth the energy? Seems to not be.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

I can 100% all paths with just 1 rank 4 5* putting a little effort only on the boss fight. It's actually very easy if you have the champs or champs for it.

If you're finding it too hard then that means you're not at that level yet. If you're not at that level yet. Rank 3 4*s will have a hard time since you're almost 1/4th or 1/3rd of the boss' power index. If you have a solid all rank 5 4* team you can get to the boss with very few champs KOd.

I didn't bother doing the expert level class catalyst quests until I had at least 5 rank 4 4*s, and that took me around 6 months to build. Even that was a pain. I only started doing the expert mode T4CC when I already had a full rank 5 4* team, which took 11 months to build.

Focus on doing the expert T4 basic first since I doubt you have serious need for T4 class catalysts right now. Do you already have 4* and 5* champs worthy or ranking to 5 (for 4*) or ranking to 3 and 4 (for 5*)? Just curious. T4CCs are meant to be used only on champs that are "worthy." Otherwise, it's just a waste.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    here's a question to answer yours: how many times do you have to run the map to earn enough fragments for a full catalyst?

About 15. It's definitely the least efficient way to get t4b. The arena every 9 days requires much less effort, plus the ones from completing heroic and master monthly event quests, and of course the glory store.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    now that you mentioned it, i'm doing the t4b arena for the first time. i see the milestone rewards only have one at the end, how many fights does it take on average to get to the final milestone?

Depends on your roster. I remember first starting those it took me both days to get the 1.1 million for the cat. Now it's an hour or so. About 25-30 matches.
    Also make sure you know how to get an infinite streak going.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

@The_Real_Onyx

I use R5 4* for auto fight. I used to play with the 3/30s and 4/40s not on auto fight though. If you build up your team it will get easier. Its a lot easier to get 4*s to rank 4 now. They have those daily shards and a free T4B every month and for beating Heroic and even more for Masters if you are doing that now. You will get there if you just get used to it.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    It is not difficult at all, but considering the amount of energy and reward it is quite inefficient. Yes we are able to auto fight with a decent roster, but @o.p. it is a great way to practice evading specials at the boss. I remember being in your shoes at some point but slowly I realised how to hone my skills and really progress and never bother with expert proving grounds.

Do not be afraid to try out RTTL ch4 or ROL for practice as moves are only 1 energy. Then you start working on completion of heroic and then first chapter of master, then second, then 3rd, and you really start to get about 2 t4b per month guarenteed.
    theblueman wrote: »
    Its really not worth the energy used to run 3 lanes..there are far easier ways to get t4s..The daily class is the same..not worth the energy

I do the daily class ones only when I am low on a particular tier of a particular category. Also I have noticed there are far more of those class mastery cores (a change as of late?) as lane rewards so I have started to check to see if they they have a core and might do it just for the core (like a mystic core for example).
  • 91W_CMB91W_CMB Posts: 19
    I’ve been playing for about 6 months now, and from another perspective, “business/ marketing”, it’s one way for the company to “encourage” you to purchase items that can help you get these shards. That’s why they’re rare and more difficult.

The same goes for awakening crystals. The drop rate on those items suck! lol

I’m assuming that most players stop playing within the first year because of this tactic. Which is pretty much the same with most mobile games.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Daily quests are hard?
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    don't do it if its to hard for your roster

very low rewards
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I’m amazed at how many people have forgotten what it’s like starting out in this game. When you’re first trying to build your roster. Maybe those people bought their accounts from someone else and never had to build their roster.

I’d say if it’s too hard for your roster, I wouldn’t bother. It’s a terrible way to get t4 cats unless you need them to finish forming a cat.

I’d stick to monthly quests, alliance events, and the arena.

Good news is when you start to get higher ranked champs it gets easier to get the t4 cats. Then you run out of gold and iso faster. 😂
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    elg164musvs2.jpg
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Several of u dont understand. U say u use r5 4* champs to do the daily quest for t4cc. If u r a newer player trying to get ur first r5 4* champ u need t4class cats to do it. The quest is difficult if u only have 4* rank 4 champs. At this level its also hard to be in an alliance that does map4 on aq for the crystals cuz u arent quite strong enough for it yet. This is why it can be so frustrating at this level in the game.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Pennmabob wrote: »

@The_Real_Onyx

I use R5 4* for auto fight. I used to play with the 3/30s and 4/40s not on auto fight though. If you build up your team it will get easier. Its a lot easier to get 4*s to rank 4 now. They have those daily shards and a free T4B every month and for beating Heroic and even more for Masters if you are doing that now. You will get there if you just get used to it.[/quote

U can't auto fight it with R5 4 stars, you'd easily get dropped

I auto fight them every morning on my way to work and usually use r5 4*. So yes, it can be done.
  • SudhSudh Posts: 2
    FR33_HUG5 said:

You can’t expect to be handed basic tier 4 catalyst shards without putting in a little effort.

Re-evaluate the champions you are using and swap out the ones that are not measuring up to the task.

How to prove 100% grounds in tier 4