**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Killmonger vs imiw

Has anyone had any luck triggering killmonger a true strike against imiw?

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    You cant punish his specials, so no, its impossible.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    You cant punish his specials, so no, its impossible.
    U Can but Not woth to try to either get parry or combos and dies
    The only time you get a successful punish is when the ai just chooses not to block. If you ever "punish" it you are doing it by luck, not by skill and timing.
  • AncientrelicAncientrelic Posts: 34
    Yeah I’ve trying in duels and not having any luck with getting back over to him fast enough.
  • CptMuffinCptMuffin Posts: 85
    edited August 2018
    Use Winter Soldier for synergy with Killmonger. Every intercept will activate his True Strike ability then. Its far from impossible. It's actually really easy.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I have heard tales of counterpunch charges being able to let you. You get counterpunch charges, then parry the tail end of his L1 and dash in. I don’t know if actually works or not but you can always try.
    CptMuffin wrote: »
    Use Winter Soldier for synergy with Killmonger. Every intercept will activate his True Strike ability then. Its far from impossible. It's actually really easy.

Im not including synergies with average champs. If you are bringing WS to war you are doing it wrong, (and lets be honest, we only care about IMIW in war)
    It’s true. I’m looking at building a war team due to the amount of imiw out there now.

Im not including synergies with average champs. If you are bringing WS to war you are doing it wrong, (and lets be honest, we only care about IMIW in war)

That's your flawed opinon. Winter Soldier isn't that bad of a champ. And the synergy with Killmonger makes him pretty useful adding 5% to his attack for every hit on the combo meter plus his power drain. The added bonus of Killmonger being able to activate true strike on an intercept makes IMIW a cake walk. Something I would think would be important to you since you're having such a hard time with him and saying you only care about IMIW.
    it makes him a knockoff SL, which is far from the best aw champ
    also how does "only caring about him in war" have anything to do with skill. He is easy to fight without parry, hense why war is the only place IMIW is useful. There is no need to activate true strike against him anywhere other then in war.

You brought up using Killmonger in war and specifically mentioned only caring about IMIW in war.... Are you part goldfish or do you just not like having an answer to your problem handed to you?

You brought up using Killmonger in war and specifically mentioned only caring about IMIW in war.... Are you part goldfish or do you just not like having an answer to your problem handed to you?
    bringing KM to war = good
    Bringing KM and an average synergy champ= bad.
    its not worth bringing 2/3 of your team just to counter a single IMIW. If you are really worried about taking down a IMIW, then use 1/3 slots and bring Hype (or I guess medusa)

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

. If you are really worried about taking down a IMIW, then use 1/3 slots and bring Hype (or I guess medusa)

I think you spelt Corvus wrong there.. ;)

In all seriousness, I think you are underrating winter soldier though. You act as though he’s dead weight. He’s got massive, massive damage, he’s essentially star Lord that can ramp up damage quicker (more hits on l1 and L2) and with admittedly unpredictable power drain, but power drain nonetheless.
    yes, WS with the synergy isn't dead weight, but i would still rather use other champs.
    I have to agree. My ws is still at 4/40 but I’ve been practicing with him in rol. He can certainly dish out some damage, however I’m not sure about him as an aw atk with all the other champs that are available
    My AW attack team is a 3/30 4 star Winter Soldier, 6 star Killmonger, and a 4/55 Iceman or Majik depending on bosses. I still use that 3/30 to clear nodes on my path relatively easily in tier 6-8 AW. He'll be rank 5 once I get those pesky T3 skill cats that take forever to farm.
    I’m right now using 5/50 sparky/blade/iceman
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    I like WS a lot. I like that he has 3 different special modes too.