**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Experienced players - can someone please explain the game terminology?

I hear words like “buff” and “nerf” all the time. I can comprehend by contextual reading but is there a manual for all of the terms and special abilities?

Also, is there any champion close to Iceman’s ice armor (which limits his damage to 5%)?

Thanks

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    There’s no manual/dictionary as such, but if you have any that you are unsure of then ask away.

A buff is when a champion receives an alteration to their abilities that increases their power, their use, or their overall effectiveness.

A nerf, is the same as a buff except it reduces power, use or effectiveness.

Examples of the two are when Rhino received an update that changed his dash forward attack to be unstoppable (with a chance of unblockable). That was a buff.

A nerf example is scarlet witch, who used to have much more powerful regeneration and stun and power lock.

In regards to iceman, there is no champion that does exactly what he does. But there are those that do similar.

Gwenpool- her signature allows her to survive any special attack and that special attack can only do a certain percentage of her health as damage.

Luke cage- his signature is that if he is hit, he is immune to all damage for a few seconds. After this, there is a recharge time around 30 seconds.

Korg- I’m not 100% sure how he works, but he has rock armour that I believe reduces damage to 40% of the opponent’s attack. So if the opponent has an attack of 1000, they can only do 400 damage.

Edit: as Spera added. Magneto White and red can both limit damage. Red has one that is active the whole fight but limits the damage less. White has one that only kicks in at lower health, but limits the damage more.

Nebula- has 2 charges that if the opponent does more than a percentage of their attack in a single hit then she regenerates that damage back.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Both magneto's if awakened - gwenpool if awakened .
    Luke cage awakened has indestructible - nebula can regain twice after big hits
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Presuming you have an Iceman pay attention to how much damage you take blocking a SP1/SP2 and weigh that towards the flat 5% of an SP3. It might be better to push them to a 3, but make sure you have that armor up!

As your skills improve and you evade better, it will be a non-issue but some champs are still hard to evade.