**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Experienced player question

I know experienced players always say don’t spend units on anything but masteries. But I’m at a crossroads with champions. I really want to finish Act 4 (I’m level 46) but I need to rank up my champions.

For me, if I had 4 Star champions with Power Drain, I feel like I could really clear a path easily. There are chances for 4 Star Hawkeye and Spider-Man (SE) which cost 150 units. Am I crazy to spend units for a chance at these specific champions?

I can beat 5 Star champions with a 3 Star Magik, so I’m thinking of just trying to get a 4 champion squad with Power Drain abilities with Iceman.

Thoughts.

Also, how does the strong attack work for Spidy (SE)? I only have him a 2 Star champ and sometimes his strong attack will deal Power Drain and sometimes it won’t.

Comments

• DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    The 150 unit crystals which have an increased chance of giving you a specific champ as a 4* are always a recipe for sorrow and regret. The actual chance to receive the champ you want as a 4* is about 1/50 and for a 4* in general it's 1/25. So you will rarely get what you are looking for and will ultimately end up kicking yourself for wasting units.

Regarding Stark Enhanced Spider-Man, his heavy attack will always power drain the opponent the first time you use it, but it has a 30 second cool down before it will drain power again. You'll see a message saying EMP Webshot ready or something to that effect when it recharges. That extra power control is nice and can really save you in a pinch but it's not nearly as useful as the power control offered by Magik or Vision.
  • Sparkys power drain on heavy has a 30 sec cooldown iirc.
  • The chance of getting the specific champion from gate crystal is quite low. You are better off spending units elsewhere.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Well it's all up to you. That 150 units will not guarantee that you'll get what you're looking for tho'.. The reason why most would say wait is because, as you progress higher and higher, those 4* champs become easier and easier to get and without having to spend for them. You need only have patience and keep playing.

Power control champs do make contents a lot easier, no doubt about that.. Hawkeye, Magik, etc.. You'll find you can fight without worrying about taking a 3rd Special to the face but it's a game where different champions bring different utilities to the table. Some focus on ability modification, some have serious damage, etc. There'll be different situations where you'll find some more useful than others.

As for Stack Spidey, I'm guessing by strong attack, you're referring to his heavy attack. It has a power drain effect, followed by a 30 secs cool down. There is no timer tho' but it'll show you when it's ready.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Let me ask you guys then - am I wrong in thinking that Power Drain is the most effective ability in the game? I can beat champions so much more effectively with it. What are other abilities that are equal or better?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Let me ask you guys then - am I wrong in thinking that Power Drain is the most effective ability in the game? I can beat champions so much more effectively with it. What are other abilities that are equal or better?

I have played a Power Control style since Day 1 in this game. I typically run at least two power control characters in any/all difficult content. I think I am a decent player -- not bad, not good. Some technical skills and knowledge, but inconsistent. I definitely use power control as a means to offset the fact that on nodes like Stun Immune or characters who have enhanced power gain, I might not be able to stop them from doing to me what I'm trying to do to them first

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★

Power Control is a much coveted ability yes but not the "most effective". For instance Blade is widely regarded as one of the best champs in the game but he doesn't have any form of power control. There are other areas where others excel like; Ability Accuracy modification - champs that can generally stop other champs abilities somewhat or control how much it procs, Regeneration - champs that can regenerate lost health and all that and Damage which is pretty obvious lol.