**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    As always lack of info on what will exactly happen after your NERF. Also a very short testing period with basically no wars? Great choice! You absolutely need to give us AT LEAST Mystic RDTs!

My R5 Dormammu say thanks!

What lack of information are they missing? The post was well explained as well as what to expect.
  • CashgrabCashgrab Posts: 5
    So now MD is getting nerfed basically along with dexterity. Now we get nothing for wasting gems and resources on rank 4 heros like dormammu, magik, voodoo, and a few others. Not to mention they still haven't fixed Pure Skill. Like how about we fix all the problems that already exists instead of tinkering with other stuff.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    I purchased many of my mastery cores using units through gifting last Christmas. Why are gifted cores being refunded loyalty only? Why wouldn't they also be refunded based on how they were purchased. Please change this as the gifting events are part of the game and we should still be able to be compensated the way we paid. You cannot even gift the cores using loyalty. its like we are being punished for participation in your event. Again please change the gifted cores to a unit compensation. @Kabam Miike

You didn't spend units on those Cores if they were gifted to you. You're lucky they're giving Loyalty for Cores obtained that way. Or am I misunderstanding and you want the person that gifted you the cores to get their units back?

-Suits

If you are not familiar with the gifting event, there is usually a commerce about it in your alliance where you would gift items of equal unit value to further you and your alliance in reaching higher milestones. Whether or not ,I directly purchased the item, it was purchased with units and therefore should be refunded this way.
    An example of this logic would be if someone purchased me a gift and then there was a recall on it by the maunfacturer, They would refund me the cost of the item regardless .

I'm familiar with the gifting event, which is why I responded. You're not specifically buying the cores in that scenario, someone else is. I'm also not disagreeing with you, just fyi, but rather trying to provide what I assume is Kabam's reasoning for giving Loyalty for those cores vs units. It would be impossible for Kabam to match units you spent for gifts to the cores you received as gifts.

-Suits

There is no need to match with units spent. Units cost real money. The cores can only be gifted with units therfore they should be refunded that way.

• I don’t think it is fair that I have had cores gifted to me from others during gifting events so I could raise my Mystic Dispersion, and now I don’t get refunded units. I instead get useless loyalty. I spent money to gift equal game value of units to others for cores to raise MD during a gifting event. I did it to better my alliance. Why would I get loyalty in return! I should receive units back. That’s ultimately what I spent. The only reason I didn’t buy them with my own units was because of a gifting event going on. I also sped up the process in which I would have gotten full MD because of the gifting event. Please take this into consideration and refund units not loyalty for expensive cores gifted! If I spend units, I should be returned units. I’m fairly certain, 99% of players were making equal exchanges during the gifting event. Why should I lose out?!
  • edited August 2018
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?

As they refresh, she will not be triggering Mystic Dispersion as she used to, but will still trigger it when they expire. Her Regen Buffs will still trigger Mystic Dispersion pretty consistently though, so they don't replace themselves.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Also, if the updated Dexterity will remove the buff upon hit and then add a secondary buff that will naturally expire after a short period, what is that period?

Because besides just feeding MD, the other thing that Dexterity's buff would penalize us for using was when dealing with Spite nodes. Now Dexterity will feed Spite nodes for even longer than before.

And while you can say "Just use a power control champ or a champ with no actively triggered buffs", well, the same could be said about dealing with Mystic champs with MD.
  • JBenjaminJBenjamin Posts: 27
    1ant2 wrote: »
    Is this going to affect hoods ability to stagger hyperions power gain as effective as he does or his ability to stagger against all champs?

The post states that nullified buffs will grant power.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I am sure this has been said many times already,

but if you are going to refund me the cost of the mystic cores I purchased for MD,
    I would really appreciate getting a refund for my skill cores that I wasted 4500 units on for Pure skill as well,
    Since Pure Skill is completely worthless now.
    and while we are at it Scouter lens, since that info isn't hidden in war anymore.
    Thanks.
  • So I can get back my cores (I don't have any use for the loyalty) and throw to the trash the Alphas and T4CC (which I need) that I used to upgrade my Guillotine to r4? Really? Who would be happy to do that? Why not at least 1 Ranked Down MYSTIC ONLY Ticket? Please take this into consideration. Thanks.
  • cab55 wrote: »
    I'm interested in this part:
    You will then have the option to once again purchase the Mastery Cores necessary to Unlock and Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, For the week following September 11th, Mystic Mastery Cores will be available in the Loyalty and Mastery store, and there will be no cost to rank up your Masteries!

No cost to rank up the masteries, from September 11 until when?
    This means no gold and no cores for any mastery? or just MD?

There will be no Cost to Rank Up Masteries that have already been unlocked. This means that you'll still need to spend Mastery Cores if you have not unlocked a Mastery (or additional Ranks), but will be able to change around the Masteries you have already unlocked with no Unit or Gold cost.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Remember guys, there is only one party with the authority to answer questions, and therefore only one party whose answers count. Much as it may be tempting to start a conversation with someone else, his/her opinions are just personal opinions and don't in any way represent the developer's point of view. Best to keep discussion focused on a single party.
    Osfan8 wrote: »
    Something no one else has asked...I got a lot of my cores for MD during one of the gifting events, he spent units on them and I spent units in return...what do I get back?

That’s been asked like half-a-dozen times already.

• Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    JBenjamin wrote: »
    Osfan8 wrote: »
    Something no one else has asked...I got a lot of my cores for MD during one of the gifting events, he spent units on them and I spent units in return...what do I get back?

That’s been asked like half-a-dozen times already.

I guess I skimmed too fast...did they answer it?
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    Why are our points being stripped during this refund? Thats not how it was after the willpower nerf. How are we supposed to know if its worth spending our resources that youre refunding?
    [/quote]

I guess I skimmed too fast...did they answer it?[/quote]

There’s a lot to read, understandable. Just the main post that said you would get loyalty for gifted cores. People are complaining, though.

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Dale_Dobac wrote: »
    Dale_Dobac wrote: »
    MD was the only thing saving the value of Mystic defenders. I actually like the change but my R4 Dorm is going to be useless on defense now. I’d have never taken him up.

I appreciate the change and my refund on units. What I really want back are my four T2As though.

And anybody saying these changes aren’t significant to warrant at least one class specific RDT are being disingenuous or they’re just uninformed. This is a huge nerf to that mastery and the class that depended on it for maximum value.

Tickets aren't for changes to Masteries.

Tickets are for whatever they deem them necessary for. Like a gift during the holidays last year.

Thanks for the super deep insight though.

Tickets are for major changes to the fundamental way the Champs specifically perform. Not for whatever they like. Some were given at Christmas for the express purpose of getting ready for the upcoming year, as a surprise gift. That's about it.

So tickets are ONLY for major changes to the fundamental way that champs perform, and NOT for whatever Kabam likes, BUT they were given out at Christmas for a completely unrelated reason? You're funny. I like you. You should post more funny things on the forums - I think everyone here enjoys a good laugh.

Their intended purpose is what I stated. If they want to do something for people at Christmas, it's their call. Yes. It's their game.

So now you're saying they CAN do whatever they want with RDTs. Way to backtrack pal, and thanks for agreeing with me and finally changing your opinion on something.

Don't bother enganging him, his agenda is clear. Just pretend he isn't there.

As for the changes, I am in a lower war tier, I don't have any decent mystics, and don't even have Mystic Dispersion, so I am not sure how the MD changes affect me, hut I am not sure about Dexterity's changes.
  • Repto23 wrote: »
    Why are our points being stripped during this refund? Thats not how it was after the willpower nerf. How are we supposed to know if its worth spending our resources that youre refunding?

You'll have 6 days to test out the new Mystic Dispersion before the refund is issued.
  • MICTUCMICTUC Posts: 7
    it's totally unfair and have mephisto on rank 4, I used generic awekning gem and 110 signature stone, and have juggernaut on rank 4, after replacements these characters will be completely useless in defensive. I've wasted generic awekning gem, siganture stone and 8 alpha 2. I do not want units or loyality and want resources that I threw into the basket by your "genius" changes, you're crazy.

People who have a mistic champion on rank 4 or rank 5 should get a dedicated rank down on mistic .....
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I really hope rank down tickets will be given for this change. I also hope they can be LIMITED to mystic characters and characters that are meant to counter them (Hulk Ragnarok and Blade), and NOT for every character. If, as you say, these characters are still very desirable then nobody will use them and nothing will change.

Mystic rank down tickets should be on the table. Generic rank down tickets could and would be exploited.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    You guys are nuts if you think RTDs will be given out. Even if they are warrented(don't know if they are. I have to test the changes before I can decide on that). They will never give them out unless champs are ridiculously nerfed. Even then it's a solid maybe.
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    Getting kinda annoyed at the community right now. This is something people wanted as MD was unfairly punishing a mastery that was a basic necessity and now we are like (enter champ here) is ruined now even though this change will only be noticeable for when using Dexterity.
    You realize it can be both right? I’m glad the change is being made and want it as well. I also ranked certain defenders because of how it was before the change as many others did.

This isn’t an either or thing. You can be glad for the change and still want appropriate compensation because of it.

I was glad for the willpower nerf on 12.0 too but was still happy for the compensation from my LC and DE masteries that I stopped using after the change.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    I think we should just slow down for a second here and see how the change works, because like @NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE said, how many times has a change occurred or a champ introduced and the first thing we as a community did was complain about it?
    They'll have a 6 day testing period, during that time you can fight whatever duels or wars or even arena fights you want, and present your views after that. Also no confirmation bias if you can please, that just makes it a bit more annoying.
This discussion has been closed.