**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    ebonyshaft wrote: »
    I like these changes to MD But while we're changing masteries wouldn't it be cool to also look at the other class masteries? I only use MD because it's the best one and makes an already great class even better but I can't say the same for the others. If each class had one as good as mystic dispersion I could invest based on my favorite champs or classes.

I love the skill and mutant classes, theyre diverse, offer a lot of utility and hit hard. Plus they have all my favorite marvel characters. Adjusting Pure Skill (PS) to increase ability accuracy even by like 10% at Max rank as well as critical armor penetration would be awesome for so many characters.

Most importantly I think it champs who have these masteries should show it in the fight. A little mystic class icon under their health bar would help to inform attackers what they're about to get into rather than having to use dexterity and watch to see if the power bar goes up.

Just some thoughts I've had. Love the game. Peace.

Pure skill still isnt working i believe.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    I purchased many of my mastery cores using units through gifting last Christmas. Why are gifted cores being refunded loyalty only? Why wouldn't they also be refunded based on how they were purchased. Please change this as the gifting events are part of the game and we should still be able to be compensated the way we paid. You cannot even gift the cores using loyalty. its like we are being punished for participation in your event. Again please change the gifted cores to a unit compensation. @Kabam Miike
  • How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    MD was the only thing saving the value of Mystic defenders. I actually like the change but my R4 Dorm is going to be useless on defense now. I’d have never taken him up.

I appreciate the change and my refund on units. What I really want back are my four T2As though.

And anybody saying these changes aren’t significant to warrant at least one class specific RDT are being disingenuous or they’re just uninformed. This is a huge nerf to that mastery and the class that depended on it for maximum value.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?

MD is still fueled but expiring buffs. She will still fuel MD as she did before.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Dale_Dobac wrote: »
    MD was the only thing saving the value of Mystic defenders. I actually like the change but my R4 Dorm is going to be useless on defense now. I’d have never taken him up.

I appreciate the change and my refund on units. What I really want back are my four T2As though.

And anybody saying these changes aren’t significant to warrant at least one class specific RDT are being disingenuous or they’re just uninformed. This is a huge nerf to that mastery and the class that depended on it for maximum value.

Tickets aren't for changes to Masteries.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Finally!!!!
  • JBenjaminJBenjamin Posts: 27
    IsItthough wrote: »
    Wonder why they just didn't change the dex mastery to not trigger MD, this would have saved everyone the trouble of asking for (Rightfully so) RDT, it would have saved hours of man power on the developers side and no-one would have really been that bummed about it.

Not true. That still lessens the effectiveness of Mystic defenders. They were difficult because you couldn’t dodge them without giving them power. There would still be reason to complain.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?

Asked the same thing couple pages back. They skipped over the question. I'd like to know this as well
  • Tilt603Tilt603 Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike Will players who used rare in-game resources like 5* awakening gems and 5* signature stones on mystic champions have the option to get those resources returned? Your previous statement on rank down tickets meets the criteria you stated is necessary for those to be issued:

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

I used a 5* generic awakening gem and 5* signature stones on Dormammu 15 days before the MD/Dexterity beta testing was announced. Had I known the approved MD/Dexterity nerf was being considered, I would not have chosen to use these rare in-game resources on Dormammu:

[REMOVED IMAGE TO PROTECT PRIVACY]

There is no "bug" you're straight up changing gameplay to take away advantages of certain characters. I've had MD ranked up for well over a year now and developed my team in such a way where I rely on mystic champs. You're stripping my team away where my advantages no longer hold strong and that is not fair.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Why didn’t you just remove the Precision Buff from Dexterity?
    This is something we considered, but we want to maintain the relationship of 2 of the most popular masteries (Dexterity and Parry) being tied to a Buff and a Debuff

This is so they can continue to screw players over with masochism and buffet. Nice...classic Kabam.
  • bryce7mbryce7m Posts: 84
    We improved mystic characters because of dm. Concerning myself magik to r5, I spent all my loyalty to buy and dup unstoppable colossus, and used an awaking gem for mephisto.
    Seriously guys, i wouldn't have do this if i knew you will nerf md.
    So it would be normal to get back, rank down tickets and a 5* gem
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    I ranked up my hulk rag to 4-55 just for dormmammu. With current dextirity, hulks face me ability gets active almost always and this reduces taken damage by %80 and gives him more attack. I think after the update hulk rag wont be as usefull as him designed.
  • xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    I purchased many of my mastery cores using units through gifting last Christmas. Why are gifted cores being refunded loyalty only? Why wouldn't they also be refunded based on how they were purchased. Please change this as the gifting events are part of the game and we should still be able to be compensated the way we paid. You cannot even gift the cores using loyalty. its like we are being punished for participation in your event. Again please change the gifted cores to a unit compensation. @Kabam Miike

You didn't spend units on those Cores if they were gifted to you. You're lucky they're giving Loyalty for Cores obtained that way. Or am I misunderstanding and you want the person that gifted you the cores to get their units back?

-Suits
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018

According to Mike they're for significant changes to fundamental champion mechanics. This nerf is a significant change, and masteries are champion mechanics.

The Champs haven't been changed at all.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

According to Mike they're for significant changes to fundamental champion mechanics. This nerf is a significant change, and masteries are champion mechanics.

I like and respect you as a player but you are wrong here. MD is a add-on that you make a choice to invest in. Dorm is still Dorm if you take away MD. Even with the changes, he will still be good. They took away the effect Dex had on MD and that's it. It all acts the same it just won't make the mastery overpowered like it used too.
  • RobertkoRobertko Posts: 47
    For years, people have complained about Mystic dispersion being overpowered. This seems like a very sensible adjustment to mystic dispersion.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    If you and another team mate were gifting cores back and forth they were bought with units not loyalty and gifting back and forth = more points in gifting events. So why loyalty when actual units where used for those purchases?
This discussion has been closed.