**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake's charging heavy does not start [More Info Needed]

HalordonHalordon Posts: 17
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi there,

I did find a description of the bug on reddit, but not here.

I start the fight either parrying or dashing back. The I charge heavy attack. This works 100%.
The opponent attacks me and quake evades automatically. I follow with another dash back.
The following attempt to charge her heavy is not executed most of the time.
If I lift my finger and try again it still does not work.
If I execute any other action (punch, dash back) charging will work again.
Sometimes the second charging works, but the third charging attempt is not accepted by the game.

First I thought I press to fast, but even if I wait half a second the charging does not start.

It happens for a few weeks now, both on iOS (ipad pro2) and android (onePlus 1)

Cheers,
Halordon
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34
    Same for me
  • Options
    What has to happen that this get recognized? I doubt this happens just fow 2 players.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Same for me, not every time but it's really annoying
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Halordon. Sorry that you're having this issue with Quake. I'm going to look at it right now. Can you let me know which opponents you've seen this against? Even if the answer is every champ, can you let me know one that you've specifically seen it against, and in which game mode? Thanks!
  • Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Halordon. Sorry that you're having this issue with Quake. I'm going to look at it right now. Can you let me know which opponents you've seen this against? Even if the answer is every champ, can you let me know one that you've specifically seen it against, and in which game mode? Thanks!

I just experienced it myself today in AW against Dr strange. Executed heavy at the start of the fight then parried and tried to heavy she just stood there
  • Options
    Happened to me against Juggernaut earlier today in AW.
  • Options
    Hi there @Kabam Wolf ,

Thanks for picking this up.
    It is in all game modes against all champs where I try it. I don't even try against champs that reduce my defensive abilities, e.g Black Widow.
    Quake is usually in my top3 despite the strange behavior. So I learned to work around it. But i remember the unbugged behavior still very good.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Can confirm happening to me to
  • Options
    MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    This is widespread from what I have gathered from player feedback. I experience this virtually every match against every opponent, and this is the primary reason I will not take Quake to rank 5. It started happening maybe 1.5 - 2 months ago after an update/patch I believe.

I have found a sufficient workaround though...

So this is exactly what the PROBLEM is: Charge heavy, opponent attacks, Quake AUTO evades the hit, you then dexterity evade and hold attack to begin charging again, instead of charging Quake stands there and does nothing. You typically have to press light attack first to get her to charge if you're trying to charge immediately following your own evade, which is a terrible strategy because you're throwing a punch out and leaving yourself wide open, if only for a brief second.

This is the WORKAROUND I have been using: Charge heavy, opponent attacks, Quake AUTO evades the hit, you then dexterity evade BUT as you're dexterity evading back you DOUBLE TAP and HOLD attack DURING the evade. Quake finishes the dexterity evade and immediately starts charging heavy again. It works like this every time, just make sure you're quick enough to double tap during the dexterity evade so she doesn't throw out a light attack at the end of the evade (that means you were too slow)

I'm so use to this now I would probably still do this even after (if) she gets fixed.

But yes I know this is frustrating to many players because Quake is an excellent champ, and many took her 4* to rank 5 but have since stopped using her.

Try this workaround guys, it works flawlessly.

Kabam this is indeed an issue.

Thanks,
    MarcusUnread [ Capcommunist ]
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Yep I thought it was just me and had the idea I wasn't pressing the screen properly but must be a bug
  • Options
    AlexsharonAlexsharon Posts: 17

I've made numberous posts about this problem and nothing. It's against all opponents it happens to me all the time.

@Kabam Wolf
  • Options
    NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61
    I have had the same issue since acquiring Quake.
    This happens against every single champ I've faced.
    IPhone 6
    iOS version 10.3.2
    Happens on both wifi and cellular connection
  • Options
    MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143

Try Quake against Magneto, for sake of compliance. But it's the same issue against any opponent.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Can we get an answer, was going to r5 quake but she is broken
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @Kabam Wolf any update
  • Options
    @Kabam Wolf : FYI, it did not change with the last patch. Quake is still not charging her heavy after the initial charge. Any news from you? Were you able hand this over to the development team?
  • Options
    CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    edited July 2017
    This is happening to me frequently. It seems to occur most frequently when you try to charge it a second or third time in the fight.
  • Options
    Hi @Kabam Wolf ,
    Any updates on quakes problem? Just had 5 duels against Joe Fixit for the skirkish quest. Quake is still buggy as described.
    (Side note: thanks for banning the cheaters.)
    Cheers,
    Halordon
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    edited July 2017
    I only have Quake as 3* but it always happens on arena in the way described above.. "Charge heavy, opponent attacks, Quake AUTO evades the hit, you then dexterity evade and hold attack to begin charging again, instead of charging Quake stands there and does nothing."

@Kabam Wolf You should try yourself, it's very simple to replicate and test, I can provide video too if it's the case

• Options
    It’s still happening
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Yes, it is.

• Options
    I’ve been having this issue a lot recently.... push to charge the heavy and she just stands there. I tried to look through the forums but didn’t find anything other than this thread.... was there ever a resolution to this?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'm having the same issue. Usually after a Heavy is executed. I'll hold to Charge, but she doesn't respond. Usually I have to tap again.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Yup same with me. Its already takes months quake like that
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Lyra any news on this? While not game breaking it has been frustrating. It’s happened to me in all game modes, against all different enemies. I’ve noticed it happens more often after a dash back. I will dash back, push to heavy charge and nothing. She just stands. Cost me quite a bit of aggravation when I was trying to push for uncollected. I had brought her to help neutralize the bane node but obviously having her stare at the opponent and stop a combo with her face didn’t work out too well
This discussion has been closed.