**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This is my line up so far, how hard is Act 5 gonna be?

Comments

• St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    I have an Awakening gem too that I can use on Blade
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    You should breeze through it
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Good looking lineup there. What part of act 5 are you working on?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Where are you at now?
  • I have no idea what your skill level is, so I can't answer the question of how hard it will be for you, regardless of what your roster looks like. But I can say that Act 5 has different node buffs and other restrictions that ultimately mean for most players I don't think you'll be using the same team on every path. There's no "best team" in that regard in my opinion. I think you should look at the guides people have written on Act 5, and try to gauge for yourself which champions you think you'd bring on which paths, and concentrate of trying to rank them up if you have them. For example, Rogue is stupidly great on flare nodes, but not necessarily great everywhere else. Magik, Medusa, Hyperion, Sparky, Archangel, all have uses in different parts of Act 5, but you'll have to decide when to start pushing and when to take a pause to strengthen your roster.

Personally, I'd just try 5.1.1 and see for yourself. Promise yourself you'll spend no potions or units, and just see how far you can go. That will probably tell you more than a forum reader can.
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    plan on using 2000 units on average per chapter. With that roster Act 5 100 percent will cost you 12000 units

what are you smoking? i have almost 100% it all now and havent used a single unit so far. all saved up resources and nowhere close to what you are describing. not shocking tho coming from the dude who used 4k on lol with sl XD

What are the units equivalency of the resources you have used?????

Unless you plan on doing Act 5 for months your statement is invalid. I did Act 5 100 percent in a week.

No one asking for roster advice for Act 5 is likely to attempt to blitz Act 5 in a week.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    plan on using 2000 units on average per chapter. With that roster Act 5 100 percent will cost you 12000 units

Thats true! You may not exactly need 12k units but the items which are going to consume are equivalent to atleast 10k for 100% exploration.
    If you able to pull atleast 1 good champion of each class then also it will make easier.
    Act 5 needs lots of skills and a great roster at higher level if you don't want to use too much items and units.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Guys I'm not expecting to 100% the whole thing in a week. I'm already Uncollected, but I got it because I went on the easiest paths possible. In 2 days I went from completion on act 4 to 100%, I'm pretty skilled but I still make mistakes. Made 0 mistakes against Maestro though with sparky. I was just hoping for some tips.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Ummmmm I've done 5.1 and 5.2 no units revives potions spent until collector....
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    TBH I'd say just go and test it out for yourself, you're not going to have a standard "one size fits all" team, and just don't be scared of backing out if you've screwed up
    That's my plan at least haha, and there's nothing that prepares you better than experience imo
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited September 2018

what are you smoking? i have almost 100% it all now and havent used a single unit so far. all saved up resources and nowhere close to what you are describing. not shocking tho coming from the dude who used 4k on lol with sl XD

What are the units equivalency of the resources you have used?????

Unless you plan on doing Act 5 for months your statement is invalid. I did Act 5 100 percent in a week.

Additionally, I did use 4000 units on the AV Electro path. Try that path with 4 star GP for Electro and let me know how it goes. You dont know what you are talking about. When you do LOL 100 percent like me you can talk.

My path was SL- AV - Abomination - BPCW - Vision OG - Thor - Electro - BW - DS - MK - Rocket - Maestro.

The Juggs path also came closed to 4000 units, again Juggs VP and DS are not that easy with SL but what do you know bro!!! i finished Act 5 back in December 2017. Respectfully speaking:

Stay in your lane, thanks

You dont know what ive done and not son. you said yourself im not gonna go find that post but r4 5* sl easy path 4k units. and if i had to make the resources used over to units for act 5 its minimal. most paths and bosses went down with ease. only place i had to use revives is collector which is the only quest left for me to explore on my secondary. ofc a couple screw ups here and there, but besides collector 10-20 revives total

So you spend 1000 units approximately is resources equivalent for the collector. Fine. I bet your roster is better than the summoners roster in question. With the roster display here Act 5 wont be free or easy guaranteed. I do not care who it is unless you spend massive amount of time collecting resources.

If I were this sumoner I awaken blade and max him first before attempting any run. There are some nice champs that can take him far.

Ultron medusa Gp magik KM blade spark Gr in combinations depending on paths is his best choice.

My recommendation will be to just do completion and then focus on exploring later.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    St333lll wrote: »
    Guys I'm not expecting to 100% the whole thing in a week. I'm already Uncollected, but I got it because I went on the easiest paths possible. In 2 days I went from completion on act 4 to 100%, I'm pretty skilled but I still make mistakes. Made 0 mistakes against Maestro though with sparky. I was just hoping for some tips.

Don't awaken your blade yet, I've 100% 5.4.1 and 2 over the lat 2 days using only 4 revives on one stupid fight I lost my temper on and I didn't use blade at all. Key so far has been to do research and know who you're gonna fight against on each run, know the nodes they have and bring the right champions for each path. Don't go in with a set 5 champions and expect to run through it. Just my 2 cents. Off to 5.4.3!
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    My recommendation will be to just do completion and then focus on exploring later.

Specifically, my recommendation would be to complete 5.2 to become uncollected, and then decide whether to go back and fill in exploration or push on into 5.3 depending on whether they thought they were ready or not. But getting to uncollected is the high priority goal, because it opens the door to much faster roster progression which inevitably will make the rest of Act 5 easier over time.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Specifically, my recommendation would be to complete 5.2 to become uncollected, and then decide whether to go back and fill in exploration or push on into 5.3 depending on whether they thought they were ready or not. But getting to uncollected is the high priority goal, because it opens the door to much faster roster progression which inevitably will make the rest of Act 5 easier over time.

Sounds good similar to my concept. People make me laugh they say i have spend no units but spend the 30 stash of revives and countless heal pots. If you do unit equivalent math with no rank 4 5 stars it will take resources. I did

5.1 explored 100 percent. 5.1 I barely spent items Then 5.2 100 percent except 5.2.6 collector.

Then watched videos on how to beat the collector with Hulk stun chains. 5.2.6 Took me approximately 5 revives per run. Team Thor BW Hulk SL vision all 4 stars 5/50.

So 5 revives per run on collector times 6 (dont remember how many times) = 30 revives plus health pots. Approximately 1600 counting health pots.units equivalent. This is just 5.2.6 alone.

5.3 was similar. I had rank 4 5 stars but used 4 stars just for thr challenge because content gets bored and easy. I used 2000 units for this whole chapter.

5.4 was difficult with 4 stars but i did it. Top champs used AA SL Iceman Ultron SW thor. This one with 4 stars only costed me a lot more.

5.4.1 was almost free
    5.4.2 like 15 revives
    5.4.3 15 revives
    5.4.4 20 revives
    5.4.5 25 revives
    5..4.6 30 revives

In total Act 5 was designed for rank 4 5 stars. With 5/50 champs it is impossible to do it free unless you are an arena grinder or plan to spend months and months doing little by little and at that pace it will take more than a year to complete. Act 5 does not go anywhere, if you dont have the right levels wait!!!

This is my advice for this fella!!!
  • Easy upgrade corvus and mascare and Hyperion
  • you will breeze through it. I have worse team without those fancy five stars. I havent't beat collector yet cause I'm waiting to upgrade my stark spidey (4*) and daredevil (dupe 4* sig 20). I'm not even invested in higher masteries, yet; such as assassin and deep wounds nor sucide masteries.

So I'll say you wont even need any units before collector to explore. At collector you might need some resources. But with that stark spidey he should be dead before you start. After collector I can't speak since I'm myself havent gone beyond him.

PS: Don't underestimate Phoenix :blush:
  • Take that iceman to R5 or you will have hard time against mephisto,