**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time for a mystic champ or two

There are only 6 classes in the game and the last 23 champs have been something other than mystic. The two pending champs for Sept. are mutant. Hoping there are some cool mystic champs in the hopper for Oct?

Comments

• Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    October will be a Venom month; I'm pretty sure. The movie drops and that character tree thing they showed did have a few blank slots between Venom and Carnage. It's a safe bet Oct will be Venom themed. That being said; I'd love to see Blackheart added.
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    edited September 2018
    We will have venom stuff in October
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    no
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    edited September 2018
    Was thinking the same this afternoon, but considering the movies that are coming out and that the game always follows up on them we won't see new mystics anytime soon.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m calling it now, there will be a mystic non-dimensional being, Villain (like Mordo) who has an ability that shuts down AAR champs and everyone will cry blade nerf even though 1) a new champion cannot nerf an old one and 2) Blade is not the only AAR champ
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I’m calling it now, there will be a mystic non-dimensional being, Villain (like Mordo) who has an ability that shuts down AAR champs and everyone will cry blade nerf even though 1) a new champion cannot nerf an old one and 2) Blade is not the only AAR champ

It doesn’t matter because blade can just synergy with dorm or mephisto and even w/o aar he gets doubled attack rating blade is the ultimate mystic killer would be hard to make a mystic to counter him now tbh
  • AcidskieAcidskie Posts: 31
    If your only concern is a mystic as a defender in AW, then yes... Blade will probably crush them IF they are villain/demential being or if someone runs Meth/Dorm (most don’t).

But I’ve never seen an entire lane of Blades in any Act, EQ, or AQ content. Blade is not a legitimate reason to not add more mystics to the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    belli300 wrote: »

It doesn’t matter because blade can just synergy with dorm or mephisto and even w/o aar he gets doubled attack rating blade is the ultimate mystic killer would be hard to make a mystic to counter him now tbh

Blade doesn’t ignore immunity to ability accuracy reduction unless they are a dimensional being. That’s why he can’t turn off mordo’s astral evade, he’s immune to AAR.

It wouldn’t be that hard.

“This champion emits an aura that reverses regeneration. This champion inflicts direct damage each time they suffer a bleed effect. This champion is immune to AAR. Attacker cannot deal more than 110% of their attack rating.”

Took me 5 mins to think of 4 abilities for a champion to shut down Blade.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The dorm/Mephisto synergy is gonna make it hard to produce an effective defender without having a “blade proof” ability. The next Mystics probably be attack type champs whenever we see them.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hopefully in November or December we might see some