**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So I’m confused about this loophole...

I was fighting iron man iw in war with Karnak. Now I was on 20% health. One hit and game over. I start fight and I had to reach sp1 to get true strike. But to do that I need power. For power I need to hit. When I hit him he autoblocked and parried. Game over. So in short I shouldn’t hit him. But if I don’t hit, I don’t get power. No power, no true strike. Fortunately he was not on stun immune but what if he was? If he only autoblocked that would have been fine. But this autoblocks with parry how fair are they? There is no champ who gets true strike without special attack. And in war a stun immune Ironman iw is total BS. So either my karnak is broken or Ironman is broken or the mind of the person who came up with parry activation with auto block.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    If he's not stun immune, parry and heavy attack is a viable option
  • As I said what if he was? And remember his repulsor attacks doesn’t get parried, at least not for me.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Intercept his heavy with with yours to gain power
  • We are talking about war ai here not act 1. They are smart as well as fast.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Try looking up some videos on Heavy Countering. There are a few out there, and it works pretty well once you get the hang of it.
    Heck, I don't even plan to do AW for a while now, and I still am interested in learning the technique. Cause it's useful for Medusa as well. And she shows up in story mode a fair bit as well iirc.
  • Let’s say I bait heavy and intercept him. How much damage I take on block while doing that? I know how to bait heavy. And sometimes we do get locked with combo on block. Be real.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Corvus
    Proxima
    Killmonger (with WS synergy let’s him do it on intercepts instead of punishing specials)

These are all champions with true strike who don’t need specials for it.

Heimdall gains power to special 1 so you don’t need to build power

Karnak with a special 1 power boost, giving him a bar of power to start would have worked. There are a few counters to choose from.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Well then you have 3 choices.
    1. Heal up
    2. Power start 1 boost
    3. Use a better champ and heavy intercept (yes even war AI can be heavy intercepted, that’s why there’s countless videos showing it on YouTube)
  • I already stated my view on heavy intercept. Possible with consequences. Healing. That’s what I’ve been doing. I beat that Ironman that way. Is it efficient? Hell no. I don’t have power start boost. Even if I had how many fights will it last? How many war? I’m no high tier alliance. And we get into war with some ballers grinders. Placing dupe 5*s and sometimes 6*s.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Either take the advice and adapt and overcome or stay out of aw until you develop a better selection of champs. You have shot down every bit of advice offered because it's not an easy solution. This is a game of skills. The game is constantly advancing and your fighting skills will need to as well to keep up. If you aren't prepared to except that you are just in over your head than be prepared to be disappointed every time you face jim because he will be in aw for a while since he isn't a villain or mystic and a decent counter to blade trinity teams which are the most common attack teams in aw.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @tuposacp

I really struggled with him at first as well. Typically you can’t intercept a champ’s heavy with your own, but with his it is actually really easy.

He is still a tough fight, but if you look up the timing on YouTube you’ll be able to figure him out.

Best of luck!
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    tuposacp wrote: »
    I’m not being ignorant. I’m stating facts. You say stay out of war? Why? Why I should stay out of war? I have my fair share of experience, skill and spending. I deserve to be in war. If they put up stupid champs not my fault. I bet none you are doing what you stated. Probably got those featured champs. So you should only speak when you do it. And do it with proof. I’m even willing to spend some dollar on revives and heals. But they don’t cut it.

I said adapt and overcome or stay out of war. Complaining that an opponent is to hard to beat is laughable. People did that in beta when they faced wolverine as the boss or electro on thorns. Then came the stun immune spidey and NC complaints. Shortly after it was the dorm and magik defenders with high md. Now it is the auto block and parry champs. Learn to fight them. Find some rank 5 5☆s and use the 5 free duels a day to get better. If you don't want to adapt and overcome the new challenges in the game THEN stay out of aw so you don't have to contend with the new champs and abilities you will surely see there.
  • @tuposacp actually Ironman IW doesnt do that much damage while your blocking and u dont need those featured champs either.... once you get the hang of intercepting his heavy he is pretty easy.... you will definitely loose some health by the end of the fight but you can just heal ur champ back with a potion which you get from glory store. Just keep duelling him till you perfect his heavy intercept... champs that work well against him are Star Lord, Blade, stark Enhanced Spiderman, Hyperion.
  • And if your complaining abt Ironman IW u are not going to like facing Korg :D
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Is heavy intercept a slow and annoying way to win, yes. Are there other alternatives? No. The only way is if you have a heimdall and you maintain your true strike for the entire match, he can parry projectiles and bypass auto block as long as you dont lose true strike by getting hit. Your next line will be "oh sure, everyone has a heimdall, give me a break. I'm not some whale that can spend tons of money on the game" I say this, until you're lucky to get a heimdall, deal with it.