**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Winter Soldier Good?

I got my first 5* today, and it was Winter Soldier. Is he good? Please state opinions and tips if you have any.

Comments

• JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    When he is Awakened AND high Sig level, he is an average champ. Pair him with Killmonger and he becomes a StarLord with utility.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If you have Killmonger he’s basically star Lord.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    He’s decent. Unless you have Killmonger, then he’s amazing.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    edited September 2018
    I ranked him to 4 today, like others said paired with Killmonger his is great and he makes Killmonger much better also.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    he is good.
    certainly solid.
    not amazing god tier.
    but far from terrible.
    as your first 5* he will help you a lot.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    He is under rated. I ranked 4 mine early in the game and he has been my workhorse for aq and quests ever since
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Dshu wrote: »
    He is under rated. I ranked 4 mine early in the game and he has been my workhorse for aq and quests ever since

I used him for a long time in questing, too. I think his reputation suffers from him being the go-to champions for people to take out in ROL. Constantly beating him makes people think he's a poor champion; but actually he's pretty fair, and has good DoT ability, especially when his Fury is on.

Although he's best against champions who bleed (like a lot of skill champions), his Incinerate and Armour-Piercing ability gives him a bit more utility even against heavily-armoured and/or bleed-immune champions (especially if they end up on nodes giving massive armour boosts). Incinerate can also help when taking down opponents who are very defensive and block a lot, as it reduces block proficiency and perfect block.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I really like him. He's only a 4/50 but his sig level is 80. The power burn on him is consistent. His bleed is good with DW at a 3. Being able to also use him for armor break or incinerate rounds is really useful. He's only meh unawakened though
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I really like him. He's only a 4/50 but his sig level is 80. The power burn on him is consistent. His bleed is good with DW at a 3. Being able to also use him for armor break or incinerate rounds is really useful. He's only meh unawakened though

Well, he's only "meh" unawakened if you don't have the Killmonger synergy others referenced earlier. With it, even unawakened he works similarly to an awakened Star Lord, but with the benefit of reliable bleeds, incinerate, and Fury.
  • #NoRegrets. Pair with KM, BPCW, BPCW, BP for up to 500% Attack increase for WS and 50% Bleed Damage
    ihblkx408414.jpg
    utebw65wwyhm.jpg
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★
    wmu2dgngkqm9.png

This is mine. I use him on my regular questing team and he is very helpful as others have stated. For aw, I would only use him for offense.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★

#NoRegrets. Pair with KM, BPCW, BPCW, BP for up to 500% Attack increase for WS and 50% Bleed Damage
    ihblkx408414.jpg
    utebw65wwyhm.jpg

would you consider taking your winter solider up to R3? @AgentBobbyLee