**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino fix - Can we get a BETA next time?

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I don't think I'm going out on a limb thinking that maybe this Domino "fix" won't actually fix her block break issues. Is there any way to get this on a Beta before it is introduced and potentially destroys AW seasons?

The slower medium was the only real way to combat her block break and if speeding it up fixes block break that's great! However I can't say I'm too confident this will actually be fixed and would think a Beta where people can maybe fight her in war on every node would be awesome.

Trying to get ahead of the community outrage if this doesn't go right......

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    There isn't a beta for it. She'll be fixed with today's update
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    right, I just hate the idea of us being the "beta" testers in the live environment.

She can very well be fixed and this post will be useless but what happens if the medium "fix" doesn't do away with the block break issue? Then we get to cry to Kabam for a week and cross our fingers it is fixed before season.

I edited my title to more appropriately match what I am asking for i.e. Beta's for every major champ adjustment.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    What block break issue?
    Serious question. It's been debunked by so many people, including a lengthy clip by Dorky Dave that she in fact doesn't break block. It's the player's timing breaking their own block and getting hammered.

Do it yourself, find someone with a Domino in their profile, go in and do nothing but block. Just that. She won't break it.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    What block break issue?
    Serious question. It's been debunked by so many people, including a lengthy clip by Dorky Dave that she in fact doesn't break block. It's the player's timing breaking their own block and getting hammered.

Do it yourself, find someone with a Domino in their profile, go in and do nothing but block. Just that. She won't break it.

Tier 2 war all season so I've seen her just about every war all season on path 6 and I've had it happen multiple times. Dueling and war for some reason are acting completely different. When it did happen I was holding block the entire time. The most recent time I had it happen was just 2 wars ago. My trusted method was punishing her medium....

Also, there have been multiple YT videos on how block break still exists in war so I'm not necessarily sold on a duel video....
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Hmm okay.
    Have run into her, but played the avoidance game when she was there. Didn't notice it then..
    If and when I get a sudden urge to do war again, I'll make a point of that to check out. Right now I can't be arsed with war though. Not because it's the off-season, just because war in general just isn't fun to me anymore.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Is the same thing as Drax medium attack. It doesn't "block break" because is too fast, not allowing the opponent to drop block.
    Domino will get the same treatment
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Never seen an instance of her breaking block. I've had her attack timing throw me off and lift block when I shouldn't but that's it. I fight her in war all the time as well
  • Read her description.

It's not a block break. It is indeed a dex fail.