**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mystic Dispersion still not up Sept 5th

Didn't Kabam say that Sept 5th would be the day that we could test the new Mystic Dispersion changes? I still cannot access my MD and mine still says level 99 required.

Comments

• Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    That’s what I thought it said. But I’m still without MD and it’s really annoying.
  • Options
    FeverdragonFeverdragon Posts: 23
    “On August 31st, we will lock the ability to purchase any more levels of Mystic Dispersion....
    - On September 5th, with the release of our next update, we will activate the new version of Mystic Dispersion.
    - You’ll then have 6 days to test out the new Mystic Dispersion, ...”

Not once did it say they would lock out mystic dispersion as a usable mastery, all they said was they’d lock the ability for you to purchase more levels of the mastery.

And today we should have been able to start testing the new version of MD cause on the 11th that new version becomes permenant.

They need to clarify why we can’t use this and fast.
  • Options
    FeverdragonFeverdragon Posts: 23
    Notice how it’s unlocked cosmic awareness but not MD (after 11 mastery points used). Is everyone having this issue? From what I’ve heard some people who didn’t have the mastery points removed when they did this change, they can still access it but we can’t.zttiy122lju0.jpeg
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    y9bmb66bfqma.png
    Check the circled section.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    So we are all in agreement so far, keep commenting maybe we can get somebodies attention.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I removed mine on the 31st to remove Dex to get by buffet in 5.4.6. haven't been able to get it back since. Thought I'd be able to today (the 5th)
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    It clearly states in the last line, that it will become available on the 11th.

They locked it, so if you took it out after, you'll have to make do until the 11th before getting it back.
    I get that it sucks, but it was avoidable by not taking MD out after the 31st.
    Though it is a good lesson to maybe do it differently next time a mastery gets changed to where you can at least buy it once the update hits live, that's true.

It is in these notes though.
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 221
    I swear to god they made this whole entire thing so beyoooond convoluted!!! All they had to do was make dexterity a passive buff!! Hence there would b no 10 different windows of time to do whatever u want with MD. Also they wouldn’t b paying ppl to research what got spent where. I’m sure most is done by computer, but somebody (several ppl) have to program the computer to figure it out. WHY?????? Why is everything so confusing with Kabam? Make Dexterity passive, problem solved. They saved money, we save a serious headache!! I don’t get it!!!!
  • Options
    gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    Bman wrote: »
    I swear to god they made this whole entire thing so beyoooond convoluted!!! All they had to do was make dexterity a passive buff!! Hence there would b no 10 different windows of time to do whatever u want with MD. Also they wouldn’t b paying ppl to research what got spent where. I’m sure most is done by computer, but somebody (several ppl) have to program the computer to figure it out. WHY?????? Why is everything so confusing with Kabam? Make Dexterity passive, problem solved. They saved money, we save a serious headache!! I don’t get it!!!!

they need money so they won't change it to passive buff.
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 221
    Dexterity should’ve just been made passive! Problem solved! Kabam wouldn’t have needed to waste time/resources to figure out who spent what and how (not to mention reprogramming how it works). Computers will figure it all out, BUT somebody (several ppl?) had to program the computer to figure it all out, why?? So convoluted the way they did it! Nothing get changed that simple I guess. Put me in charge? I’d triple the profits of the entire company! Whatever u wanna sell it for? Cut that price in 1/2, 5-10x Moore ppl will buy! Simple balance sheet guys
  • Options
    Did you just completely ignore an answer and say the same thing all over?
  • Options
    Bapoi wrote: »

They locked it, so if you took it out after, you'll have to make do until the 11th before getting it back.
    Though it is a good lesson to maybe do it differently next time a mastery gets changed to where you can at least buy it once the update hits live, that's true.

That’s not completely what it says: it says MD will once again be available to be purchased and ranked up again—after they have removed it completely from every Summoner during Maintenance.

It doesn’t say anything about preventing players from testing it (assuming they had previously unlocked it) from 9/5-9/11–which is what everyone is pointing out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »

That’s not completely what it says: it says MD will once again be available to be purchased and ranked up again—after they have removed it completely from every Summoner during Maintenance.

It doesn’t say anything about preventing players from testing it (assuming they had previously unlocked it) from 9/5-9/11–which is what everyone is pointing out.

Dr. Zola

Fair enough, it can be confusing. I did interpret it as such though.
    We lock it, it won't be available until... so taking it out means it won't be possible to put back in.

I made the connection with that meaning if you remove it it won't be back until the 11th.
    Not everyone did obviously.
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Fair enough, it can be confusing. I did interpret it as such though.
    We lock it, it won't be available until... so taking it out means it won't be possible to put back in.

I made the connection with that meaning if you remove it it won't be back until the 11th.
    Not everyone did obviously.

Let’s just chalk it up to the fact that the forums announcers seem to have an ongoing struggle with the English language.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AFOMANAFOMAN Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    If you read the post in its entirety. It says Kabam snapshot of old MD on Aug 31. New MD and dex released on sept 5 with new update. Test for free(up to the level you had unlocked before aug 31) between sept 5-11. Refund of materials after sept 11 and now can purchase the New MD at cost up to the level you desire. This is exactly what the original post said, but not what has happened.

The only way to test a mastery is to take recover points and try it with less or more and see how it responds. If you ran 5/5 before like me I want to see what 4/5 and 3/5 is like. Maybe put those 2 points to max dexterity etc. you can’t do that if once you collect them you are locked out for a week.
  • Options
    AFOMAN wrote: »
    If you read the post in its entirety. It says Kabam snapshot of old MD on Aug 31. New MD and dex released on sept 5 with new update. Test for free(up to the level you had unlocked before aug 31) between sept 5-11. Refund of materials after sept 11 and now can purchase the New MD at cost up to the level you desire. This is exactly what the original post said, but not what has happened.

The only way to test a mastery is to take recover points and try it with less or more and see how it responds. If you ran 5/5 before like me I want to see what 4/5 and 3/5 is like. Maybe put those 2 points to max dexterity etc. you can’t do that if once you collect them you are locked out for a week.

Totally agree, and I think the vast majority of the players read it the same way (and it would make sense to have it work that way). If there is an official response or apology yet, I haven’t seen it—just the one from Miike saying there was no mistake locking it down.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How have they not commented yet?
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Many folks would obv want to test MD on defense while testing dex on offense, and likely expected to be able to switch around. This is clearly not the case. And, no one will really know how MD is until seasons starts, as the big boys are mostly slacking in war right now. I have doubts any of them are going to repurchase MD after this to test it during seasons? It’ll prob go to the mastery graveyard until someone finds a new use for it, like how willpower went for a bit.
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    So what if Sept 11th rolls around and you re-purchase MD and you don’t like it? We had no chance to test it like the announcement said between the 5th and 11th. Are we stuck with it then? I’m confused.
  • Options
    AjitmoAjitmo Posts: 10
    Yep can’t test a locked mastery. I have 3 4/55 mystic defenders without MD. Now because I can’t place any points back into MD. If you could pick which masteries you want to replace instead of full on removal of all masteries in a tree then I’d have just removed 1 or 2 points to test. But since You must recover the whole mastery tree it took all points and now can’t go back in. Great way to test these changes smh.
  • Options
    AjitmoAjitmo Posts: 10
    Now I won’t know if it’s worth buying the levels again when it goes live with the changes
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    @Ajitmo, agreed. To TEST, we need to be able to move from 1/5 to 5/5 (for free of course) to make a decision. This is so poorly executed. There is no way I’m paying to get back to 5/5 like I was, test it, not like it, and be stuck with it. Isn’t that what Sept 5th through 11th was for mods?
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Bman please stop saying “dexterity should have just been made passive”

Because if that was the case it would still be broken. Need proof? HOOD! I know it’s been done to death on the forums so I’ll keep it simple:

Upon the expiration of stagger Hood siphons the enemies health.

Now mystic dispersion was activating whenever a buff expired except it considered “refreshing” to count as expiring.

They are worded in game as near identical yet if they both worked identically Hood would be far higher in the tiers possibly even demi god or just below it given how often he can place stagger.
  • Options
    It is now Sept 6 in North America do you know where your (promised testing phase of) Mystic Dispersion is?
  • Options

Clearly not reading the line about August 5th.
This discussion has been closed.