**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs for uncollected Emma Frost

A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
Faced her 5 times in uncollected now, shes not too bad, here is a list of champs that should be good to take her down from my experience... (armor breaks are the main weakness for her)
Corvus - Armor break on his parry and overall great damage, effectively making you not need to worry about the stun immune indestructible! (careful though after 20 hits he is a wet pillow)
Medusa - Her medium attack instantly takes away her indestructible and its easy to keep them up, if you can armor shatter her its just a normal fight basically
Yondu - Armor breaks on his arrows, steals the armor for himself, if duped he cripples her special damage too
Sentinel - Armor break on his sp1 and generally a great counter overall, plus with his advantage he builds analysis charges quickly
Stark spidey - Great damage when you build his poise charges but the main thing with him is his ability to reliable save you if you fail to dodge the reversed specials
Spiderman symbiote - Highly underrated option, if you can land a heavy attack you can armor break her and stop her other form for 80 seconds!
Juggernaut, Unstoppable colossus, magneto - put these together as they are all immune to her telekinetic abilities!
Other options i can think of include hyperion, iron fist and king groot (permanent armor break on sp1)

I've found a great way with her specials if youre uncomfortable dodging the reversed specials is block or try and parry the first hit, dash forward to dodge the second then immediately dash left to counter attack. or if you have good reactions its fairly easy to dex both her sp1 and sp2 by timing 2 dash forwards and you have time to punish if you immediately swipe left after dodging the second hits, her heavy attack is also one quick hit but relatively easy to punish

if theres anyone i missed please do add them underneath! hope this helps at least 1 of you :) (havent fought omega yet but heard Gulk, Void, morningstar and vision are good for him...)

Comments

• A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    Forgot to mention OG thor - similar to corvus, armor breaks on parries so you can effectively play normally, another amazing option!
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Ahh, but you see. Quake is the answer to everything. Let emma use L1 then don’t hit her, just let the aftershock take care of everything.

Does Loki steal node buffs? Is so then he is a viable option too
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Cap IW if duped and with a cosmic synergy (like Thor, medusa etc, you know, other champs with armour breaks)
    Parry places armour break, high block proficiency.
    Parry, heavy, parry, heavy. Block L1
    Repeat until L2 is ready.
    Parry, heavy - use L2 after first hit of heavy.
    Easy peasy
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Thank you for sharing this list! I'm gonna try her on Master first to get a feel for her fighting style. This info will be super helpful! I love posts like this
    Cap IW if duped and with a cosmic synergy (like Thor, medusa etc, you know, other champs with armour breaks)
    Parry places armour break, high block proficiency.
    Parry, heavy, parry, heavy. Block L1
    Repeat until L2 is ready.
    Parry, heavy - use L2 after first hit of heavy.
    Easy peasy

Hahaha I have a 5 star duped cap and completely forgot about that ability! Well reminded thank you 👍
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Has anyone tried Thor Rag? If you can get to an sp3 then you should be able to put shock and armor break on her. Might be useful but I haven't tried.
  • Don't forget good ol' Star Lord. He can solo her pretty easily as well.
    https://youtu.be/iF2OP0TeDHc
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Fantastic Video! What device do you play on because i cant keep a combo due to the insane choppiness and lag
  • Infantry wrote: »
    Fantastic Video! What device do you play on because i cant keep a combo due to the insane choppiness and lag

That's not my video. It's from Arni2.
  • Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    Heimdall
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Ronan breaks armor on heavy.
    also I'm going to try psylock as my only power control champ. just hit sp1 when she gets back of power, so when you land sp, she goes to bloody form, dameged from your sp, then you drain her energy (believe it goes on last hit), she goes back to diamond, you get back of power. repeat till she's dead. that way she should never use sp, so no that silly control invert, yet some damage with sp1 while you're below energy bar.
    unfortunately I had to outdamage her on my first run, not going to repeat it until they fix the game
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Amazing post bro. I use Medusa for the first run. The real problem is the lag inside the fight.

I need to try with spidy

Omega red is pretty easy once you get the timing.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    To clear a few things I’ve seen here

Diamond Emma is concussion immune

Ronan only “removes” armor on heavy attacks not an actual “break”. Very similar to Kamala Khan’s Special attack that does that’s same thing

OG Thor works in theory except you’d still have to push her into telepath first

Also anyone with a REALLY good Sp1 should make it really easy to keep her out of diamond. I really want to test Hawkeye for this actually balancing control with manipulating the bars in the right way. This also means that Hela, Angela, AA, actually a large amount of champs can easily keep up if they rely on that Sp1

And lastly I’d try to avoid power control where possible just because Diamond is a pain
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    And a reminder to folks who like Star Lord for this, Winter Soldier with the Killmonger synergy will perform similarly, but he can also bleed her and incinerate her with his specials. Just another thought for how to handle her (I haven't gotten to her yet myself, and sadly do not have Killmonger for the WS synergy and my awakened 4* Star Lord is only Rank 3; my 5* SL isn't awakened yet, so I haven't ranked him up).
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175

I've found a great way with her specials if youre uncomfortable dodging the reversed specials is block or try and parry the first hit, dash forward to dodge the second then immediately dash left to counter attack. or if you have good reactions its fairly easy to dex both her sp1 and sp2 by timing 2 dash forwards and you have time to punish if you immediately swipe left after dodging the second hits, her heavy attack is also one quick hit but relatively easy to punish

are that 2 dash fwd... mean my hero will dash back 2 times? then swipe left in that sentence mean my hero will dash fwd attacking her?
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Yondu - Armor breaks on his arrows, steals the armor for himself, if duped he cripples her special damage too

Do Yondu's arrows change their effect on her as she switches forms? In other words, when she's in Telepath form, do they cause bleed, but then change to cause Armor Break when she is in Diamond form?

• Epsilon3 wrote: »
    To clear a few things I’ve seen here

Diamond Emma is concussion immune

Ronan only “removes” armor on heavy attacks not an actual “break”. Very similar to Kamala Khan’s Special attack that does that’s same thing

OG Thor works in theory except you’d still have to push her into telepath first

Also anyone with a REALLY good Sp1 should make it really easy to keep her out of diamond. I really want to test Hawkeye for this actually balancing control with manipulating the bars in the right way. This also means that Hela, Angela, AA, actually a large amount of champs can easily keep up if they rely on that Sp1

And lastly I’d try to avoid power control where possible just because Diamond is a pain

Read stats bro. Ronan replaces one armor with armor break.
  • For Emma on this node (Unncollected) Howard the duck is by far the best. His sp1 reduces 6% attack (and various stuff like crit chance and crit danage). Alas I never bothered to upgrade mine. He would have done such good job with that double regen.
    Vuska wrote: »

are that 2 dash fwd... mean my hero will dash back 2 times? then swipe left in that sentence mean my hero will dash fwd attacking her?

Yeah thats correct! you should dodge both attacks and then swipe left immediately to punish her special

Do Yondu's arrows change their effect on her as she switches forms? In other words, when she's in Telepath form, do they cause bleed, but then change to cause Armor Break when she is in Diamond form?

As far as i know that's how it works, he will armor break her in the diamond form to bring her to telepath mode and then inflict bleeds instead, then armor break again should diamond form reactivate
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Stark spidey does not auto evade Emma frost, or atleast it isn't doing it for me, is this a bug???
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    RO53TT1 wrote: »
    Stark spidey does not auto evade Emma frost, or atleast it isn't doing it for me, is this a bug???

Not a bug. She ignores evade while in telepath form, and she switches to telepath during specials