**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Danger room verdict..... don't waste your time.

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
Or your energy. Or your potions and revives. Now it makes sense why we got halls of healing right before this.
To be honest, I was actually excited about the danger rooms. In theory, it seemed like potentially a fun new challenging game mode with the potential for decent rewards.
Leave it to Kabam to ruin their own idea.

The simple summation of the danger rooms is this; they are FAR too unbalanced/difficult for the rewards they give. The rewards are pathetic for what you have to do to get them.
Seriously, I'm all for a new mode and challenges, but the rewards need to balance out in the wash, and they definitely do not.

Comments

• Sketch1037Sketch1037 Posts: 54
    Too critical. Seemed just fine.
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Is it just me or the Inverting controls thing is triggering BEFORE the special attack comes out?
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Is it just me or the Inverting controls thing is triggering BEFORE the special attack comes out?

yes sir, dash immediately when she throws the sp
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Its easier than UC EF so if you are doing that, Epic shouldn't be that bad. If you aren't doing UC then ya I can see people seeing Epic may not be worth the hassle.
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    I'm getting through it without too much cost, but I have 5star duped Medusa, plus 6 star Black Bolt and 5 star Karnak for the synergy, plus 5/50 Thor and unleveled 6 star Juggs. It's hard to get better champ to go up against her.

That said, you guys made uncanny danger rooms WAY too hard. Those rewards don't justify the expense most people will incur to get through it.

Also, Emma Frost is terrible. You overdid it making her an annoying defender.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    At least the Epic Uncanny.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    If it means fighting a 30k 6* with tonnes of Block Damage and Inverted Controls and loads of Resources when lag kicks in, for 200 Shards at a time, yep. No problem skipping it.

I just made 1400 5 star shards, and 3000 something t2a frags in one day, with zero resources spent.

If you think the danger rooms aren't worth, you are bad at math, and also probably at this game.
    You don't speak for me, my skill, or my experience. You think it's worth the effort? Great. You're not me.

You're right, I'm not speaking for you. I'm just telling you. The numbers I stated are facts and don't require any interpretation.
  • Easy rewards but uncanny kinda hard
    Just stupid you have to do epic twice to get the full Milestone rewards in event
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Easy rewards but uncanny kinda hard
    Just stupid you have to do epic twice to get the full Milestone rewards in event

You get the rewards both times though. You can run it 4 times.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    It’s worth it when you factor in the uncanny quest rewards
    Also I have to agree if your using revives on this you’re punching above your weight.
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Think the rewards are worth it if you can push for it. Emma however seems a bit unbalanced imo - although still doable
  • I found the epic uncanny to be quite hard. Exited out because I wasn't going to use resources and reentered and beat it. Just gotta get used to her.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    raffster wrote: »
    b7j6vib3lp2t.png

want to miss out on these?

Thanks for this. Not everyone in my alliance is doing it because they don't have 2* and 3* ranked up. So we gonna miss the 500 5* shards for not hitting last milestone. Such a shame. @raffster
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    raffster wrote: »
    b7j6vib3lp2t.png

want to miss out on these?
    Only a small portion of the players is able to complete heroic and epic danger rooms with minimal revives and heals. The epic EF is almost as bad as the uncollected (okay maybe not that bad but stil...30K with powe gen... ouch.). Plus the daily danger rooms are pretty BS as well with the boss having the most annoying nodes as well as a class advantage.

To earn all or close to all of the rewards you listed, low-mid-slightly higher tier players are gonna have to spend **** tons of resources on rank up, lvl up, heals and revives. Idk about you guys but IMO it’s not worth it, at least not for me. I’d much rather explore 5.1 for that generic AG which is, IMO, easier than epic and master danger rooms.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    If you have to use a lot of resources to beat a boss, you're punching above your weight class. I took the opportunity presented by Epic to use non-AB champs against Emma, I didn't use any resources. I even soloed her with a 5/50 champ, Proxima

My only gripe is the energy, otherwise Emma was fine. They even gave her one of the most ill-suited nodes for her which is Power Gain, ensuring she's nearly always in Telepath form and therefore easier to fight

There are lots of informative videos out there, and if that can't help you learn how to deal with her then just let Epic be and let us enjoy one of the easiest ways to get 5s shards in the game right now
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Agreed with you, I wasted way too much resources for measley rewards, I was only doing them for the sake of the Alliance Event, and now everyone in my alliance has stopped doing them with the last milestone left.