**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom Beta Buff Info

2»

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think I am going to invest more into my 3* Venom!
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.

I know the IMIW was already mentioned as a counter but this also hard counters vision.
    Considering that the only damage Vision does on his spcl 1 and spcl 2 is 100% reliant on power drain it means Venom is immune to those attacks. Special 3 still does damage.
    Not sure if that was intended or not but it really kills visions effectiveness in fights.

It’s a counter to Spark Heavy, Red Skull blocking, Vulture L1, Nebula L1, GG heavy and specials and Doc Oct Physic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    I would have to see him in action to register more of a view, but on paper from the looks of the Video, he would seem pretty good if it's pushed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★

I know the IMIW was already mentioned as a counter but this also hard counters vision.
    Considering that the only damage Vision does on his spcl 1 and spcl 2 is 100% reliant on power drain it means Venom is immune to those attacks. Special 3 still does damage.
    Not sure if that was intended or not but it really kills visions effectiveness in fights.

That's presumably intentional; or possibly if it makes him seem too OP in the beta, it might get reduced to a resistance rather than an immunity.

They do seem to be making him the perfect counter to IMIW, aside from his vulnerability to Incinerate.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

That's presumably intentional; or possibly if it makes him seem too OP in the beta, it might get reduced to a resistance rather than an immunity.

They do seem to be making him the perfect counter to IMIW, aside from his vulnerability to Incinerate.
    They can fix that by giving Vision Sp1 Incineration debuff (the guy shoots laser beams from the Mind Stone which burns through metal). As Venom is weak to Incinerate, it will balance stuff.
  • I think Venom could use some more damage output. Suggestion: remove one of the two defensive buffs he receives ( armor up or physical resist) and replace with an offensive buff. Also you could take his buff limit from 7 to 10... other than that I think he is good. Carnage is good as is I think
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Venom should health steal with l1 not nullifying buff for some health also his damage seems average, that's why kabam should increase his buff limit to 10 and remove his physical resist and armour up replace it with fury, critical ratting buff then his damage can be good.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★

Who use vision against venom??? That class disadvantage enough to not fight with him. Also vision damage pretty meh.. I thought no one use him now a days. This game has lots of heavy hitter.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    How will this change affect labyrinth venom? Really increases the difficulty of stark vs venom in labyrinth with no auto evade and no power drain. Starlord also loses the l2 power drain.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Imran wrote: »

Who use vision against venom??? That class disadvantage enough to not fight with him. Also vision damage pretty meh.. I thought no one use him now a days. This game has lots of heavy hitter.

Do you know there is a 5* og vision in this game? He is a very powerful power control champion with double immunity, one of the better champs in game where he can be used for multiple things.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks for your feedback on this update! While we welcome this discussion, we do want to reiterate that we will be basing our decisions on the feedback of those that have had time to use this updated Champion in the Beta Test.

This means that we won't be replying to any inquiries or threads on the Beta Updates outside of the Beta Forums and Survey, but that doesn't mean that we're not reading it!

Keep in mind, this is a Beta, and the reason we run these is to get feedback on the Updates. That means that what players see in the Beta now could change before we release an update!

Why wasn’t the beta sent to people who are actually concerned about these champs instead of just random players?

This is the only beta that I’ve been interested in participating in and I wasn’t invited and, therefore, don’t have any input into my favourite champions update.

Please rethink this for future beta tests.
  • @Cuteshelf I’m assuming you own both of them as 4* and above?
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    @Cuteshelf I’m assuming you own both of them as 4* and above?

Yes both in 5* and 4*.
  • I ramped up both champs to 5/50, Venom duped, Carnage unduped and fought ROL WS. Carnage was meh, but was able to stack 11 bleeds after using 3rd special.

Venom seemed to deal more raw damage and stacked bleeds quicker and easier, got up to 8 with him.

Both always been fun champs, would be great in Venom became Marvel kryptonite for IMIW.
  • ciglimeciglime Posts: 3
    Yeah I’m using 4* Venom maxed up and duped. I absolutely love his counter to IMIF true strike and all his random buffs. I fought the Hardest diff one with my 4*. I lost but man his new buffs and synergies are sweet!
  • EMillEMill Posts: 0
    I think the improvements to Venom and Carnage are awesome! My first pick would be Venom because of his many abilities! Thanks, if the changes are permanent, Venom will be one of my favorite champs!
  • DooviousDoovious Posts: 4
    Venom is way more enjoyable for sure, I would only suggest that you guys make his Special 1 move unblockable but other that that great job with him! Carnage is better but still awkward to play with.
  • I would like to complete the survey but am unable to access the form. Help !!
  • Axel1224Axel1224 Posts: 1
    Venom has gotten a well needed update and I am satisfy of his rework and improvement as for carnage he is slightly better and can be improve a little more but am satisfy only issue with carnage is that the description say he refresh the bleed but I see new stack not refresh bleed duration thank u for the invite for the beta test I had a great time I can’t wait to participate in future beta test have a great day