**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Slumber not working correctly in Dungeons.

Room 3 in Dungeon 7 had an Iceman on the mini boss node. Of the options, I selected Slumber and the one that gives increasing Fury. Instantly I realized the mistake of Slumber, as Iceman would likely shrug off the Stun (which is very lame, since the other two options were not very good either).

My trio was 6-Star Green Goblin, 5-Star Spider-Man (Classic), 4-Star Electro. First fight with Green Goblin happened like I dreaded. Iceman shrugged off the Stun and became a monster with hits. But when Spider-Man and Electro went in next the Stun actually worked at the start of the fight and he was stationary for the 15 seconds.

Which way is the correct way of function? Is Iceman supposed to ignore the Stun or is he supposed to still be affected by it (even with Ice Armor)?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    Room 3 in Dungeon 7 had an Iceman on the mini boss node. Of the options, I selected Slumber and the one that gives increasing Fury. Instantly I realized the mistake of Slumber, as Iceman would likely shrug off the Stun (which is very lame, since the other two options were not very good either).

My trio was 6-Star Green Goblin, 5-Star Spider-Man (Classic), 4-Star Electro. First fight with Green Goblin happened like I dreaded. Iceman shrugged off the Stun and became a monster with hits. But when Spider-Man and Electro went in next the Stun actually worked at the start of the fight and he was stationary for the 15 seconds.

Which way is the correct way of function? Is Iceman supposed to ignore the Stun or is he supposed to still be affected by it (even with Ice Armor)?
    Thah wierd but like u self say. Iceman one this node it bad im also. Try a dorm he even hit me berfor the stun wher ativate
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    Same happened to me. I faced Mordo worth slumber. When i attached him, he astral evaded it and destroyed my 5/65. Astral evade should have not been triggered if he was under effect of slumber.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    TaimurKhan wrote: »
    Same happened to me. I faced Mordo worth slumber. When i attached him, he astral evaded it and destroyed my 5/65. Astral evade should have not been triggered if he was under effect of slumber.

This is incorrect. Slumber is just a long stun. If you attack a stunned Mordo, he'll trigger an astral evasion. It sounds like it worked correctly.

Kingpin, AV, Groot, and Rogue can all quickly shrug the stun if you're not careful. If the champ you're fighting has an interaction with stun, it's best to consider this when choosing whether or not to keep the slumber node.

As for @Ebbtide 's post, I don't have a good answer. I would assume that the first interaction was correct, that a duped Iceman would use Ice Armor to shrug the slumber stun. I don't have a good answer for why the next two fights didn't shrug it.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    TaimurKhan wrote: »

It should actually ...

For Iceman, I don't know. Tecnhically both are abilities that start at the beginning of the fight, so he shouldn't be able to consume ice armor since the stun didn't occur after he got the ice armor.
    What happened was problem a timing issue where the stun came shortly after he triggered the ice armor
  • MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    I've had it before where they gain power when I'm hitting them... Nothing like pushing them to their triple if u can't get them down in time...
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I've had it before where they gain power when I'm hitting them... Nothing like pushing them to their triple if u can't get them down in time...

If it's someone who can shrug debuffs, they can also shrug the power lock. Someone like Kingpin can shrug off one debuff, the other one, both, or neither. It's best to remember this when considering slumber nodes. If you don't think it through, you could be caught in Kabam's trap. Remember, they considered these nodes when selecting which champs we'd face.