**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dark Phoenix Trailer

Comments

• Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Romo790 wrote: »
    Don't you guys dare insult the Captain Marvel trailer :tongue:! How is it not awesome to see Fury and Coulson in a movie again? I thought the trailer was pretty good. And lets be honest, when has Marvel let us down? All of their movie have been good, and quite a few of them have been great. Plus its not like you can expect this super in depth trailer when the movie is still 5+ months away.

Anyways... Onto the Dark Pheonix trailer. I enjoyed it also. I don't expect the movie to be near as good as any in the MCU, but I'm sure it will be enjoyable to watch as a "stand alone" movie. The timeline and stories are so mixed up in the X-men universe, I just stopped trying to follow along and now view each movie as "stand alone." As long as there is an epic quicksilver scene in the movie I think I will be satisfied...

Oh coulson. Rip buddy. Pleasantly surprised to see him in captain marvel

Here's what I say to all you people that say Coulson is dead...

vjd13wpdaakv.gif

I don't think agents of shield will bring him back again but I could be wrong. His send off seemed pretty final tho unless they come up with a cure but I'm not sure that's possible with how much time passed since his deal with ghost rider. Plus I'm not sure there is going back on a deal with ghost rider.
  • I'm not exactly optimistic about it, but it has to be better than X3. But hey, even X-Men: Apocalypse sucked and I've watched it a hundred times. I'll do that with this too. That much is certain.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Fun Fact: I grew up down the road from the X-Mansion, and was almost a featured extra in X-Men: The Last Stand, but my scene was cut 2 days before shooting.

Awesome! So many Movies come up here to film because it's cheaper. I'd be disappointed if it were me, but things always get lost in the edit. Just like Galadriel abolishing the Orc in The Battle of the Five Armies.
  • If they can get this right, and when they incorporate the X-Men into the MCU, I'm hopeful they'll one day do an X-Men Inferno film. That's my second favorite X-Story, behind Dark Phoenix.
    If they can get this right, and when they incorporate the X-Men into the MCU, I'm hopeful they'll one day do an X-Men Inferno film. That's my second favorite X-Story, behind Dark Phoenix.

It's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning of her storyline.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Miss Marvel Punching the old lady kinda made we want to turn off the trailer, I get that they can shape shift and everything, but if you did not follow the comics what would you think about the old lady punching scene.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    another movie for keep ruining the xmen

i can't stand mystique or magneto in the new installments, they suck so bad
    beast is a cat LOL
    apocalypse was a bad joke

they need to stop
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Looks like it has potential. Still think the best thing that can happen to the X-Men franchise is Disney gives Feige permission to use all of Marvel's characters for the MCU. Here's to hoping Avengers 4 rumors about time travel and resetting the MCU like Marvel reset their comics Secret Wars 2015 style come true.
    We will see.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I'm probably wrong, but I think the X-Men Apocalypse timeline is filling in the space between X-Men First Class and X-Men 1-3. If so, Deadpool 2 just killed that continuity with the X-Men cameo.

X-Men Days of Future Past rest the X-Men movies timeline
    I'm probably wrong, but I think the X-Men Apocalypse timeline is filling in the space between X-Men First Class and X-Men 1-3. If so, Deadpool 2 just killed that continuity with the X-Men cameo.

X-Men Days of Future Past rest the X-Men movies timeline

Now If only they could fix the age issue they created when it comes to professor x, magneto and mystique who should all be in their 60's in dark phoenix lol.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/yIYGyzNUYtQ
    Dammit. Marvel is kicking it. DD Season 3, Capt Marvel & Dark Phoenix

Awww I was hoping for a little more, but still pumped for the only Marvel Netflix series that's actually good (aside from Punisher)
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★

Wow you think with all the money the studio has the make the blue team outfits better and of course no wolverine( we know why) but like all the other x-men movies its going to be a flaming pile of **** .In the second movie didn't they kill off the professor , cyclopes and jean grey. The only good thing out of the last movie was the transformation of AA. I mean its not like this stuff is new there plenty of source material. I mean I know the have creative freedom but come on. Sometimes it helps to be true to the source material and these x-men movies are an X-don't.

Just my opinion like an a-hole everyone has one!
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    On that note, Captain Marvel is rumored to be in Avengers 4.

She's been confirmed to be in Avengers 4 for a long time now.

Sarcasm is tough.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    On that note, Captain Marvel is rumored to be in Avengers 4.

She's been confirmed to be in Avengers 4 for a long time now.

Sarcasm is tough.

Truer words have never been spoken...
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★
    Not feeling this movie. Really looking forward to when the rights are firmly with Disney marvel and we can get some actually good X-men characters.
    I’ve seen all the foX-men and liked first class and days plus Logan is one of my fav movies, but I still think that feige will make them shine like never before.
    edited September 2018
    I'm actually excited, it has a dark feel. Not as much as New Mutants, but it feels like it should. To each their own. :)
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    edited September 2018
    I feel like the costumes took a step back in regards to design when compared to first class, the uniforms loom sorta cheap.

Unless they add more of a space element with the Phoenix being a cosmic being, I'm not sure I'm too hyped for this. They need to do this story proper with a proper build up and make it a two part movie.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Lol they officially pushed dark Phoenix back to June 7th 2019. I doubt this movie sees the light of day
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Lol they officially pushed dark Phoenix back to June 7th 2019. I doubt this movie sees the light of day

We can only hope. If this movie never gets released it gives the MCU a chance to do the dark phoenix saga justice. I want a story that can breathe and that I'm invested in. You can't release a movie like this with zero build and expect fans to just accept that the team has been together for 30 years. That's not how you get people emotionally invested in these characters or this story.
    Well, as an avid fan, I'll be there Friday either way. Lol.
    Also, quite the necro. Lol.

Well, as an avid fan, I'll be there Friday either way. Lol.

Sounds like me with the Rambo movies. No matter how much the next movie might suck, have to see Sly’s final portrayal of the character.
    Felt the same way when Logan came out too. No matter how bad it is, have to see Hugh’s final portrayal of Wolverine (but obviously didn’t disappoint, movie is a f**king masterpiece).
    Yeah, a friend of mine and I are going. She's a bigger fan than I am. She schools me on the Comics. Lol. Jean is by far my favorite.
    They could make it as bad as Sharknado and I'd still love it.