**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Medusa auto blocking on first hit of living strands

m6gksbg25ne1.png
iyhiksu03a32.png
yus9f5vgxleu.png
dtrrh030mia0.png
I’ve already submitted a ticket on this but I’d like a mod or admin to explain this. Why is she auto blocking the first hit after reaching 3 furies?
I was already clearly in my attack swing and couldn’t do anything to avoid it. I was watching closely to make sure I didn’t attack into living strands. I started my attack and she had 2, gained 3 mid swing and immediately parried. Please, explain. I attached a video to the ticket but I can’t here because reasons. This cost us an attack bonus against the boss in a very close war.

Comments

• ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★
    Looks like that’s your second hit and she auto blocks hit number two. Getting the third fury while you were in your first hit animation is probably the issue here. **** luck for sure, maybe a “does it really work like that issue” but doubtfully a bug or anything.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @ShinobiGuy you’re correct, that is my second hit, but how can it count any hit before living strands is active? I have a hard time believing that’s how it is supposed to work. @Kabam Miike or anyone else?
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    My guess is that if she gets 3 furies while you’re in your first hit animation it counts and second hit gets blocked. I agree it’s a bad deal, and would also love to hear from a dev if it’s intended.

Edit: super jelly of your corvus btw
    I think if the third fury came up during my first hit it would be legit. But this one came up during my second swing which is why I gripe.
    Thanks! Got suuuper lucky and pulled him from a one crystal try on an fgmc. Awakened him with my gem from infinity dust. He’s my everything.
    I agree. That’s the way it seems to be working, but is it the way it should be working? Her sig description is pretty vague in this regard though common logic would be that she auto blocks the second hit into living strands.
  • I’ve had this happen to me in arena several times now. She doesn’t even need to have 3 furies at times. She will be at 2, auto block me, and it only costs her 1 fury. It’s really weird and I thought it was only me until I saw this.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Same here. Cost me my magik in war because of this. @Kabam Zibiit can you clarify if this is how Living Strands is supposed to work?
  • I'd love to know this is "working as intended"
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yeah It just happened to me in war not even 10 seconds in. And she only had 1 fury
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    there is a bug with her that is separate from this issue. go find it in bugs and issues. shes not consuming all furies.
  • Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 68
    She’s always worked like this. If she is getting close to 3 furies be careful
    Can we get some kind of comment on this from a mod?
  • Hey there, we've gone ahead and passed this along to the rest of the team so that they can look into it.
    @Kabam Zibiit any update for us on this?
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra good to hear Medusa’s bug of not using up fury on auto block is getting fixed. Is there any news on this situation? Bug, going to be fixed, working as intended? Inquiring minds must know!
  • Hey there, we had the team take a look into this and found that Medusa is currently experiencing an issue that allows her to auto block any hits she receives from a combo after the first, so long as she has 3 Fury buffs after the first hit has landed. What should happen is that she should only auto block after the first hit she receives while she has 3 Fury buffs. We don't have an exact timeline for when this issue will be resolved, but the team is looking into this.
    Thanks for the update
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    Wow it a bug. Ther hav ben ther for clouse to 5 much. But cool to se ther aderse hops for a fix soon
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Hilarious how the number 1 defender in AW has been bugged for ages and no fix occurs... but if there was an issue that caused her NOT to auto block, you can bet it would be fixed in under a day.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Should be fix.... by season 8 AW when she is no longer relevant.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all! This issue will be resolved in the 21.1 update on December 3.
    @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit is this bug back again?

https://youtu.be/6_dov3D3JuY

Or is it different because this was a special attack?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Looks to be the same and you fell victim to bad timing. You started your special but she got her 3rd charge on the 2nd hit of it so it was blocked and all of her Fury charges were removed.