**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Morningstar Underrated?

Hey guys. I was playing with my 4* rank 4 Morningstar. I am trying to see if I want to rank up either Morningstar or Ghost Rider since they both have the same immunities. So I looked on YouTube, hoping to find a good strat for MS. And while searching I have come to the conclusion that the community is split. For example, Seatin thinks Morningstar is great, he even made a video on it. I even know someone who has a R5/65 one. But on the other side of things, COWhale has stated in a livestream that he dislikes Morningstar because she is too confusing and has very little fight matchups she shines in. I personally like Morningstar more than Ghost Rider. I like her S2 does a ton of damage versus champs with buffs which most champs do. I also like that if it is a long fight you can build up S3’s to increase your damage output. Anyways, I just wanted to see your guys thoughts on Morningstar and if you think she’s worth that monstrous title of R5/65. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Morningstar is great for people with patience and smarts to be able to use her to her full potential.
  • SyiionicSyiionic Posts: 64
    I agree, but my opinion might be a little since I got Morningstar like 2 weeks prior to getting Ghost Rider
    A little biast
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    It’s biased because you obviously know how to use her haha she takes skill and I see it as an accomplishment to be able to use her effectively.
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    They're both amazing. Both 5/65 worthy.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Morningstar(duped) can fight champs with regen, power gain and/or fury, buff reliant champs, and at 5 souls you take almost no damage plus lifestealing any block damage you may take.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    You r not gonna get credible advice on 5/65’ing a champ on this forum ...

5/65 decisions, at the moment, are very strictly AW based ... if u r not in aW centric ally, then just go for anyone as the solo content can be beaten by a 4/55 anyway
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    She’s a tank on offense but you gotta get them 5 souls. I just took my 4* to r5. Sp1 does about 18k damage while the sp2, highest I’ve done was about 90k but OML had a few buffs on him. Just like Quake, she’s a unique champ.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    only useful against champs with tons of buff stacks....underrated?no def overrated
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I like GR more than MS but rest assured I am happy when someone in my BG for AWO has a high ranked MS as she is a great counter to several of the tougher nodes. I am assume questing she is a little underwhelming to start but once you get your 5 souls probably does great.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Syiionic she is tricky to use, but definitely a badass for long quests such as those found in Act 4 and Act 5. In order to make her a power house, it requires using her sp3 once per fight to generate souls ( you can only steal one soul per fight). If duped, it will only take 4 fights in order to reach 5 souls, which is when she is able to life steal damage from her hits. Sp1 hits hard on everyone, Sp2 hits hard on people with multiple buffs. I like using Morningstar against people like BPCW, he averages getting 4-5 stacks of armor ups before going into reflective state. My 5/50 Morningstar deals 861 bonus energy damage per hit per buff on the opponent, so about an extra 9000-12000 damage against an armored up BPCW.

To sum her up, GREAT for questing (once you master her fighting style), bad for arena (cant gain multiple souls).

Hope this helped you making your decision!
    Lol @Fooshblalala Thank you so much, @KRONOSDOUBLE. That really helped clarify her strengths and weaknesses.
    @Syiionic no problem! Anything to help out a fellow summoner! Hope she serves you well. And with this upcoming month of venom quests, you can count on using her sp2 in boss fights against carnage and venom, lots of buffs!
  • mozzymozzy Posts: 25
    there both rly good champs rank up who you enjoy playing with more
  • FooshblalalaFooshblalala Posts: 277 ★★
    @Syiionic no prob, also morningstar at 5 souls is way better than gr imo. But you have to get there first.
    I think I am gonna go with Morningstar. Due to sheer quirkiness and strength. Thanks for your guys help. My next R5/50 mystic will prob be Ghost Rider just because of the heavily overused Blade synergy.
    Good choice! both are great overall, but Morningstar is just a little more useful in my opinion. Hope she gets the job done for you!