**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who benefits more from awakening? Starky, Ghost Rider, or Ice Man

Just got a 4* awakening gem and want to get the most bang for my buck. Who benefits most from awakening, Starky, Ghost Rider, or Ice Man? Use all three regularly with Blade and Hyperion in my main five.

Comments

• Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Iceman > stark Spidey > GR. This is an interesting question though they are pretty close and others might think differently. Also I am not taking into account if you are awakening for prestige. Also for questing maybe stark before iceman.
  • Options
    rowsbeerowsbee Posts: 41
    I assume Blade is awakened? I'm not sure if I'd use a generic on those 3 but it depends what you need.

If you struggle to fight evade champs like NC in AW then awakening Iceman starts him with coldsnap. Awakening GR would probably be a waste, it gives him an extra judgement which is nice to have but not needed. Stark starts with 3 poise charges so less time spent ramping up to 10, once again nice but not needed.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    Iceman has the worst sig ability out of the three. So exclude him. GR gets fury which is a nice damage boost if you use other judgements first to extend its duration, or even use it to extend other judgements' durations. Stark spidey's sig... I'm not sure what it does. Doesn't it increase the length of taunt's and increased evade when below a certain health level (correct me if im wrong). If I HAD to choose I'd go GR, but none really need the sig so save it

Not if you are using him for AWD. He has the best if there's a chance op use him for war
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    rowsbee wrote: »
    I assume Blade is awakened? I'm not sure if I'd use a generic on those 3 but it depends what you need.

If you struggle to fight evade champs like NC in AW then awakening Iceman starts him with coldsnap. Awakening GR would probably be a waste, it gives him an extra judgement which is nice to have but not needed. Stark starts with 3 poise charges so less time spent ramping up to 10, once again nice but not needed.

I thought it was with the blade synergy that it happens?
    His signature ability enhances the poise effects i think, adding critical rating above 50% health and block proficiency below 50%
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Of the 3 i would go with stark..he crits like crazy with his dupe..finishes war and quest fights really quickly when over 7 poise
  • Options
    I’m leaning towards Ghost Rider because he has synergies with both Blade and Ice Man. I forgot to mention that I recently pulled a Starlord but I have not gotten much time to try him out.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I’m leaning towards Ghost Rider because he has synergies with both Blade and Ice Man. I forgot to mention that I recently pulled a Starlord but I have not gotten much time to try him out.

@Web_Slinger_77 personally iceman because of that utility. You have Sparky so SL is a tad redudnant
  • Options
    I used a generic on my stark Spidey with full intention to rank him to the maxed... So I vote stark of you are using him for quest and attack.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Go for sparky he crits so much more and the taunts last 2 seconds longer which makes a massive difference
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Used my act 5 generic on spark immediately. Zero regrets. He crits constantly when awakened if you can keep poise up. He cleared 90% of LoL for me at R5
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Stark for sure.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Just got a 4* awakening gem and want to get the most bang for my buck. Who benefits most from awakening, Starky, Ghost Rider, or Ice Man? Use all three regularly with Blade and Hyperion in my main five.

Iceman.

The core functionality of Spark and GR don’t change with the dupe. But with Iceman you gain an extra utility in terms of dealing with evaders on top of being triple immune.
  • Options
    ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    i would use it on Star Lord (who is reliant on it) or starky. Stark will hit so much harder. There was a comment on him starting with 3 poise when awakened - thats rubbish. He gets 3 poise when paired with blade.
  • Options
    binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    edited October 2018
    I was in the same situation and I awakend starky, so much happy about that Starky get more benefits from awakening he hit with heavy crit above 50℅ health. Below 50℅ health he will auto evade any specials.