**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do you close threads?!?!

Why are you closing threads? Just because they are negative criticism does not mean you get to shut people up. Sweet Georgia brown this is frustrating, it's like any bad press against Kabam is shot, poisoned, burned, and buried at sea .

Comments

• Options
    Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    Cause they don't care
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    There are rules to the Forum. We all agree to them when we join. If a Thread is closed, it usually applies to a rule violation.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Hahahaha come on son.

I've checked the rules there was no violation about a post expressing displeasure about the 12.0 patch of shame.

But I wouldn't expect anything less from you ol' GW.

This is not the first time you've posted about this issue. Perhaps you need to change your tone when posting. I would suggest looking over the rules again. There are rules on Venting, as well as Non-Constructive Posts. I haven't seen what was closed and I don't know their reasons, but judging by your overall negative tone, that is my assumption.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    Why are you closing threads? Just because they are negative criticism does not mean you get to shut people up. Sweet Georgia brown this is frustrating, it's like any bad press against Kabam is shot, poisoned, burned, and buried at sea .

They can close them because they own the forum...this is like being surprised if you went into a McDonald's wearing a "McDonalds Sucks!" t-shirt and they ask you to leave....

Not defending Kabam or the state of the game...I am pretty ticked off at how long these bugs have gone on. But Kabam pays for and owns these forums and are under no obligation to leave up posts that say they suck. They actually leave quite a bit of negative posts alone.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    They don't want any negativity on their fancy new forums that's why lol
  • Options
    Non-Constructive Posts.
  • Options
    Solswerd wrote: »

They can close them because they own the forum...this is like being surprised if you went into a McDonald's wearing a "McDonalds Sucks!" t-shirt and they ask you to leave....

Not defending Kabam or the state of the game...I am pretty ticked off at how long these bugs have gone on. But Kabam pays for and owns these forums and are under no obligation to leave up posts that say they suck. They actually leave quite a bit of negative posts alone.

If there is some sort of constructive point to the Thread, it usually stays up. They don't take negativity personally. People are allowed to express themselves, if there is a purpose to the Thread. If all it is, is a Thread to vent: "Game sucks. Nothing works. You don't do anything to fix it. It's not fun anymore..." etc., then it's Venting and Non-Constructive. Now, if people are pointing out an issue, opening a discussion, or have some sort of general purpose to the Thread other than ranting, it will most likely stay open. If the only point is to go on about how the company sucks, or the game is a mess, that's not constructive at all. Point blank, people can't go off on a rant about the game and the company and wonder why the Thread doesn't stay open. Lol. Some cases it's repeated Threads that get posted over and over, and it's closed. Sometimes people keep posting about the same things that have been addressed, and it gets closed. Sometimes there's no real point to it at all other than to b****. All that will do is incite more negativity and not really generate a productive conversation at all. Fact is, if a Thread is closed, there is a reason that applies to the rules. They don't do it on personal grounds.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    They don't want any negativity on their fancy new forums that's why lol

That is not true at all as there is tons of negativity (some of it very valid) on these forums that they leave alone...any many negative threads that get closed are at least left up for others to read as opposed to being deleted.

Hell, if you want to be able to rage about the game unfiltered....go to Reddit. The mods have mentioned that they do look at the reddit page for this game regularly....so they will see it.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Oh good ol' GW towing the company line, why am I not surprised.

And if you had read the screen shot you would see it wasn't a rant just an expression on the aspects they felt are broken in the game. And my response to them was a bullet point of reasons why I agree with them, such as Aggressive AI, Specials being blocked, etc. None of it was ranting, and speaking of blocking I sure wish I could block some peoples posts as they are non constructive to the discussion.
    17. Do not accuse fellow players of being 'Kabam Employees' or shills. We have a strict ZERO sock puppets policy as a company, meaning no employee is to be communicating with our players without clearly indicating they are a member of staff. As a result, accusations such as this towards players with opposing opinions will not be tolerated.

12- You may not publicly discuss any actions taken on your in game or forum accounts by moderators or the support team. This includes banning, closing of threads, infractions, temporary bans, etc. This also includes the public posting of any private correspondence with the Moderators, or support team.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Oh good ol' GW towing the company line, why am I not surprised.

And if you had read the screen shot you would see it wasn't a rant just an expression on the aspects they felt are broken in the game. And my response to them was a bullet point of reasons why I agree with them, such as Aggressive AI, Specials being blocked, etc. None of it was ranting, and speaking of blocking I sure wish I could block some peoples posts as they are non constructive to the discussion.
    17. Do not accuse fellow players of being 'Kabam Employees' or shills. We have a strict ZERO sock puppets policy as a company, meaning no employee is to be communicating with our players without clearly indicating they are a member of staff. As a result, accusations such as this towards players with opposing opinions will not be tolerated.

12- You may not publicly discuss any actions taken on your in game or forum accounts by moderators or the support team. This includes banning, closing of threads, infractions, temporary bans, etc. This also includes the public posting of any private correspondence with the Moderators, or support team.

Wow. I haven't violated rule 12 at all, but that seems pretty stupid. If someone on the support team has no idea what we're talking about, we can't come onto the forums with their stupid response that proves they probably shouldn't have that job? I've seen that happen before. There was a thread, forgot the name, where someone opened a crystal and duped a 4*. They only got 4 Sigs from it for some reason. The support team guy said that's how it's supposed to work. That seems like you're bad at your job.
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Cuz they're too lazy, they don't care, they can't solve the problem so they close the threads, simple
  • Options
    Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202

That is the rules when you make the forum account you agree to the rules
This discussion has been closed.