**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

RIP Dr. Strange (again)

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Though your powers are no longer relevant, your spirit will still remain. Strange will only be truly irrelevant in this game, when there are none here loyal to him... I still believe, do you?

Dr. Strange > Symbiote Supreme

I've just seen screenshots of SS's in game abilities and they make me very sad. They are better than Dr. Strange's abilities in every way. Now, not only do we have a nerfed Dr. Strange, but we also have a champ that has almost all of the same abilities as Strange, but 100x better.

So, although the majority of players would rather play with Dr. Strange than this new rip-off copy of him, we will be forced to use Symbiote Supreme instead of Strange, because his abilities far outmatch those of the Sorcerer Supreme... Makes sense right?... NO! It doesn't... Fix your game Kabam. We want to play with our favorite champs from the comics, but you just keep making them more and more irrelevant.

I don't know about anyone else, but this just makes me mad. We don't want a new champ with Strange's abilities, we just want Strange to be good again. Pretty soon we'll be playing with the most obscure champs in the marvel universe while all of the avengers and X-men ride the bench. You know what I say? Revert the changes on Dr. Strange from 12.0, he really wasn't more powerful than some of the garbage you guys are releasing these days.

What do you all think? Is it just me that gets a bit triggered when Kabam does stuff like this? I just hate that one of my all time favorite champs is being butchered even more because some new obscure champs is replacing him. Maybe I'm overreacting, but wow, I'm quite disappointed right now.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    "It won't be too OP or much better than the original DS if he doesn't have life steal"

That was probably what they were thinking about when creating him
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Will the “new” Dr. Strange be available to play with or will he be only a character to play against (like Unstoppable Ant and similar)?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    simolaz wrote: »
    Will the “new” Dr. Strange be available to play with or will he be only a character to play against (like Unstoppable Ant and similar)?

He's playable
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    "It won't be too OP or much better than the original DS if he doesn't have life steal"

That was probably what they were thinking about when creating him

Yeah most likely. They buffed every blessing however, and gave him 100% chance to armor break when he has his fury blessing active. If he has the three hits that Dr. Strange has on his sp2, thats a 100% chance to armor break them for 6300 armor reduction.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Simple answer is they can't make any money from DS
    The_One wrote: »
    Simple answer is they can't make any money from DS

Well seeing as Dr. Strange isn't available as a 5* yet, I'd say there is still a whole lot of money that could be made from him. If Strange had SS's powers and they released him in a 5* crystal, so many people would be spending to get him.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Bring back ds! I think ds and magneto should be next champs to get a buff
    belli300 wrote: »
    Bring back ds! I think ds and magneto should be next champs to get a buff

They seem to do updates according to class so I doubt Dr. Strange and Magneto will be both be updated next, however, I do agree they need some love.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I’m just thankful that some of my favorite characters are still useable. Thor, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, NC, Gambit, Magneto, and Cyclops were among my favorites growing up (and Deadpool when I was older). I wish Gambit, Mag, and Cyclops could be reworked and made into awesome champs. I know Cyclops is effective, but there’s always room for improvement.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    If they update him and redo his arena with crystals and include him as a 5* they can make a lot of money, same with SW and OG Thor.....which I believe they will do down the road, maybe even Wolvie or that Weapon X wolvie we saw long ago.
  • Mrmarvel123Mrmarvel123 Posts: 60
    Lol the old champs still have a very important purpose, they are the headliners in all the ads to draw new people into the game because you no showing the new Obscure champs won’t draw new players.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I’m just thankful that some of my favorite characters are still useable. Thor, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, NC, Gambit, Magneto, and Cyclops were among my favorites growing up (and Deadpool when I was older). I wish Gambit, Mag, and Cyclops could be reworked and made into awesome champs. I know Cyclops is effective, but there’s always room for improvement.

Agreed. It's nice to have some useable "favorites." But it also stinks just as much to have so many unusable "favorites." Even some of the usable ones are slowly becoming less so.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I feel your pain. Kabam gives (Venom & Carnage buff) but takes (RIP DS). It is kinda depressing.
    I feel like Kabam doesn’t respect Marvel’s legacy when they do stuff like this. It actually feels disrespectful. Don’t get me wrong I’m fine with unique champs like Guillotine but attempting to replace an Iconic character with what they might consider “new and improved” shows a complete lack of humility.

I am in 100% agreement. I feel like because this is a Marvel game some of our favorite original champs should actually be better than the no name, obscure champs that get released these days. Instead we get some random Dr. Strange/Symbiote mix and he's way better than OG Dr. Strange. It just make absolutely no sense.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Tiggered ... lmao
    Scarlett_ wrote: »
    Tiggered ... lmao

You like that? lol
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    wow almost 2 years and people are still crying for doctor strange

get over it already, he will stay dead but we got a new one, cheers
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    How exactly is a new Champ taking away an old one? Doesn't affect Strange at all. It's just another version. There are a number in the game.
    How exactly is a new Champ taking away an old one? Doesn't affect Strange at all. It's just another version. There are a number in the game.

It's another version with very similar abilities but 100x better. He's not "taking away" the old one, he is essentially a replacement. When a champ can do everything that some other champ can do and more, the other champ ceases to be relevant as there is someone else who has all the same utility and more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Was he relevant to begin with? Seems that the general consensus was that he wasn't after 12.0. Lol. In any case, there are a number of Champs in the game with alternate versions. They don't mean the originals are irrelevant. Just different. I think the reason this is seen as different is because OG was nerfed. That has more to do with residual feelings about OG than the new addition.
    You're right, the 12.0 nerfing does help to feed this discussion, but mainly for the reason that this new Symbiote Supreme sounds to be as powerful as pre 12.0 Strange, in which case, the Dr. Strange nerf was all for nothing.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    That DS nerf was bs cause the reason was he s too OP back then. But after that kabam released champs way more op than DS.

makes sense
    edited October 2018
    Suel wrote: »
    That DS nerf was bs cause the reason was he s too OP back then. But after that kabam released champs way more op than DS.

makes sense

Yeah at this point to a lot of players it looks as if the 12.0 nerf to Strange was all for naught because Kabam has just released champs that are equally as powerful as he was. Out of all the characters that got nerfed he deserved it the least.

I notice this thread isn't getting updated to the top of page 1 when someone comments on it... Wonder why that happened?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,587 ★★★★★
    Apparently, BW can now achieved pre 12 abilities by synergy with other champs. Maybe the same will happen with Dr Strange.

I was not playing then but did the leadership synergy or was it mastery made Dr Strange even more OP?