**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The worst part of allowing epic difficulty to be opened to all players...

TheTrueBeastTheTrueBeast Posts: 255 ★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
The worst part of changing uncollected to epic and allowing all players to attemp the challenging content is all the posts about people struggling with each boss. Ive read close to a dozen people that struggled with the symbiod in epic, which I breezed through. As a General rule, epic/uncollected is end game content, so if you do not have the champs to complete it, then dont complain about it being to hard, just do what you can and carry on. Its not meant to be completed by level 40's

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Instead of whining about whiners maybe you could be more constructive and share your experience about the fight and how you found it easy.

you can use medusa (i haven't tried this but it should work) and her armor shatter will prevent his ability from activating.
    you can use high dps champs and just deal at least 20% of his hp in the first 30 seconds. 5 champs x 20% = 100% dead.
    you can get your symbiote to rank 5, then use his VAST array of utility (such as second wind) to kill it.

Is that enough ways for you????
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Instead of whining about whiners maybe you could be more constructive and share your experience about the fight and how you found it easy.

you can play around it, and make sure to use a special right before the timer ends. The damage is linked to the power loss, so if you have low power then it wont kill you.
    you can use medusa (i haven't tried this but it should work) and her armor shatter will prevent his ability from activating.
    you can use high dps champs and just deal at least 20% of his hp in the first 30 seconds. 5 champs x 20% = 100% dead.
    you can get your symbiote to rank 5, then use his VAST array of utility (such as second wind) to kill it.

Is that enough ways for you????

He's debuff immune so your Medusa plan is shot.

I breezed right through him with Blade, do I was kinda surprised to see all the complaints. Everyone can rank up their symboid though and use the right boosts to make him pretty simple though.
  • Just wait for the symbiote difficulty to come out. I'm sure they will complain even more on that day. Meanwhile i'm just trying to figure out why this is the easiest uncollected difficulty in months.

Dont say that! Kabam will just make the goobal nodes even harder for the 17th

I assumed this month would be a little easier anyways. Whats the point of allowing Collected Summoners to play it if they dont dial it down a little.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    The worst part is players who aren’t Uncollected and can’t complete this content on their own can pay a mercy do it for them
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

I breezed right through him with Blade, do I was kinda surprised to see all the complaints. Everyone can rank up their symboid though and use the right boosts to make him pretty simple though.

Alright so ya medusa wont work, still doesn't change the fact kabam literally gave us the answer to every problem we could ever have thanks to the symbiote.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    @Cryptic_Cobra I haven’t even gotten to him yet, so I don’t even know how hard he is. I’m just trying to turn this post into a constructive one instead of an elitist, condescending post that will most likely get closed.

@Hulk_77 that’s great you found it so easy with Blade but a lot of people out there aren’t blessed enough to have one.
  • acpacp Posts: 67
    What you talking about. I did my last uncollected with 4 40s (but my champs were AA and starlord so...Muahahahahah!)
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    edited October 2018

Alright so ya medusa wont work, still doesn't change the fact kabam literally gave us the answer to every problem we could ever have thanks to the symbiote.

that's some NC-level evade there. I'm sure there are some waiting to hear how you in particular defeated the symbioid, with what champs and how.

Like this: I took my 4/55 gr, x23, blade, 5/50/99 hype and og vision. I took the easy path since I was switching between Flyin 50s in Fortnite on the switch. I ate it with hype after not reading the symbioid info, then ate it again with GR and decided I should probably read something. Vision worked fine but I paused to thank the bus driver and jump, then I got in a firefight immediately on the floating island and forgot and timed out. Eventually I just used Blade and he was surprisingly effective - I suspect due to the whole danger sense I usually forget symbioids trigger. Untouched: x23. Also: 3 kills, 2 assists, 14 headshots, 35% accuracy (trash) and a win. A nice half hour break.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    we need more nerf posts, and more challenging bosses
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    Alrighty, so here is my strategy for dealing with gold symboid, without Blade. I do have a 4/55 Blade, but I realize that not everyone does, so I'd like to try and provide answers that people may not have thought of.

1) The obvious answer is the Symboid. Yes, this means that you can't just do Epic difficulty right out of the gate because you'll have to rank him up, but this freaking champion has so much utility it's not even funny. Kabam really pulled out the stops for him, in a good way.

2) Sparky is my second option. With a 4/55 dupe, I've come extremely close to one-shotting him with relative ease. A Sparky combined with an attack synergy team (Ant-Man + Yellowjacket, etc.) Would probably kill the chump even as a 5/50.

3) From here on, it's hypothetical because I haven't personally tested it. However, I think Luke Cage could work if you play him right. Allowing yourself to be hit right before the timer expires could activate Indestructible and save yourself for at least one cycle (perhaps more if you it recharges that fast - I don't ever use him). Combined with another champion or two left over from your path and that's an easy kill.

4) Any high damage champ. Proxima and Corvus come to mind, though to utilize Proxima you'd need a pretty tight playstyle. Bishop, as a side note, has energy resistance I think, so perhaps he could weather a blow.

I hope this all can help at least somebody, but please keep in mind that this is not supposed to be a walk in the park. It's tough (though not absolute bullcrap like some fights we've had in past EQs). It's an overall well-designed experience and I think Kabam deserves praise for it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Coachidite wrote: »
    Alrighty, so here is my strategy for dealing with gold symboid, without Blade. I do have a 4/55 Blade, but I realize that not everyone does, so I'd like to try and provide answers that people may not have thought of.

1) The obvious answer is the Symboid. Yes, this means that you can't just do Epic difficulty right out of the gate because you'll have to rank him up, but this freaking champion has so much utility it's not even funny. Kabam really pulled out the stops for him, in a good way.

2) Sparky is my second option. With a 4/55 dupe, I've come extremely close to one-shotting him with relative ease. A Sparky combined with an attack synergy team (Ant-Man + Yellowjacket, etc.) Would probably kill the chump even as a 5/50.

3) From here on, it's hypothetical because I haven't personally tested it. However, I think Luke Cage could work if you play him right. Allowing yourself to be hit right before the timer expires could activate Indestructible and save yourself for at least one cycle (perhaps more if you it recharges that fast - I don't ever use him). Combined with another champion or two left over from your path and that's an easy kill.

4) Any high damage champ. Proxima and Corvus come to mind, though to utilize Proxima you'd need a pretty tight playstyle. Bishop, as a side note, has energy resistance I think, so perhaps he could weather a blow.

I hope this all can help at least somebody, but please keep in mind that this is not supposed to be a walk in the park. It's tough (though not absolute bullcrap like some fights we've had in past EQs). It's an overall well-designed experience and I think Kabam deserves praise for it.

Again, KM made him super easy. Easy to evade sp1 kept TS up so no evades. Counterpunch dealt with stun immune. It was a breeze
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I've had warnings from skilled Players about that Adaptoid. It's a unique Fight. If you didn't have an issue, more power to you. However, it's not something to be blasé about. As many people as there are who complain about something being too hard, there are as many who come and brag about how easy it is.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    jtu5rgz22d3e.jpeg
    To be honest, I've had warnings from skilled Players about that Adaptoid. It's a unique Fight. If you didn't have an issue, more power to you. However, it's not something to be blasé about. As many people as there are who complain about something being too hard, there are as many who come and brag about how easy it is.

He is not hard if you do what Kabam told you to do. RRRRRRead your email. Kabam clearly told you to be able to succed you shall use the symbiod provided and boost.

Now get to work. It is a piece of cake. It is like a gift from kabam.

I didn't say I was complaining. I haven't fought him yet. I said I've been warned about him by some very skilled friends. I'm pointing out the fact that people like to scoff at others who find things hard. It's not helpful. If people find it hard, let them say their piece.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    And just because it is hard to you does not mean it needs to be nerved

• Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    This was the easiest uncollected we’ve had, its like this every month. People cry about it being too difficult because they don’t know how to practice on lower difficulty and get used to the animations. Every player shouldn’t be able to complete everything, that’s why there is beginner, middle and endgame content
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Its not meant to be completed by level 40's

I agree with the OP, but the fact that Kabam decided to open up the "EPIC" quest to these summoners means that we are going to see the complaints. I'm not even sure what the goal was here... Was it just so that Lvl 40-50 non uncollected people could get a "taste" of the difficulty and rewards? It just seems like it is going to cause more problems than it's worth.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just wait for the symbiote difficulty to come out. I'm sure they will complain even more on that day. Meanwhile i'm just trying to figure out why this is the easiest uncollected difficulty in months.

It's so easy because they opened it up to everyone. Not a single boss like Emma or Guilly or Thanos. The Golden Sym is just a timed fight, not a hard one. The crying would be a 100% worse on any months with real Uncollected difficulty.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Just wait for the symbiote difficulty to come out. I'm sure they will complain even more on that day. Meanwhile i'm just trying to figure out why this is the easiest uncollected difficulty in months.

I’d agree, honestly, as upset as I am about the symbiod, it’s not the end of the world, the final chapters seem easy enough and Symbiote Supreme seems like a fun fight. I messed up really badly on the 2.2 Carnage, but that was definitely my fault, doesn’t seem too bad thankfully, no brute force regen
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Its not meant to be completed by level 40's

I agree with the OP, but the fact that Kabam decided to open up the "EPIC" quest to these summoners means that we are going to see the complaints. I'm not even sure what the goal was here... Was it just so that Lvl 40-50 non uncollected people could get a "taste" of the difficulty and rewards? It just seems like it is going to cause more problems than it's worth.

There is just as much complaining from the UC players as there is with the collected players.

that's some NC-level evade there. I'm sure there are some waiting to hear how you in particular defeated the symbioid, with what champs and how.

Like this: I took my 4/55 gr, x23, blade, 5/50/99 hype and og vision. I took the easy path since I was switching between Flyin 50s in Fortnite on the switch. I ate it with hype after not reading the symbioid info, then ate it again with GR and decided I should probably read something. Vision worked fine but I paused to thank the bus driver and jump, then I got in a firefight immediately on the floating island and forgot and timed out. Eventually I just used Blade and he was surprisingly effective - I suspect due to the whole danger sense I usually forget symbioids trigger. Untouched: x23. Also: 3 kills, 2 assists, 14 headshots, 35% accuracy (trash) and a win. A nice half hour break.
    How to counter the “NC-level evade” - your symbiote can get a true strike buff, preventing all evasion.

Your attempt at mocking me was amusing, but no, I suck at Fortnite ;)