**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

That New Symbiod in Monthly Quest

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    MrE6913 wrote: »
    But for real they must laugh when creating these bosses. They saw how he wrecked ppl 2 months ago and decided to add an unavoidable kill shot after 30 seconds. It's ridiculous when they take player skill and ability completely out of the equation. I have 100% every UC monthly and this is just too much.

This will be on;y me second uc clear, I beat him the first time I tried, no revives or anything. I have no 6 stars and on;y 2 r4 5*, but he was fairly easy
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Lormif wrote: »
    But for real they must laugh when creating these bosses. They saw how he wrecked ppl 2 months ago and decided to add an unavoidable kill shot after 30 seconds. It's ridiculous when they take player skill and ability completely out of the equation. I have 100% every UC monthly and this is just too much.

This will be on;y me second uc clear, I beat him the first time I tried, no revives or anything. I have no 6 stars and on;y 2 r4 5*, but he was fairly easy

Plus they gave us a symbiote that can deal with him no problem (with second wind and the other buff that adds true strike) People just like to complain without reason
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I can accept when something is beyond me, i don’t have the best champions, but I do have some level of skill, but unavoidable damage is frustrating, skill should hold you back, not your health pool
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    @Tsoderbe is right: it’s not a difficult fight, it’s a cheap fight.
    My typical roster consists of 5* R3 KM, 4* 5/50 DV, Medusa, Iceman, and either 4* 5/50 IMIW, or 5* R3 Rulk. That roster has seen me through a great deal of content. I’m Uncollected, and I do understand that not every bit of content is going to be attainable to every player.

A 30 second time to lop off 17k of health is just stupid. There’s no skill that can avoid that, unless you count using resources as a skill.

I’d love to hear what champs people are using to clear this. I’ve seen plenty of “it’s not too bad/hard”, but no real suggestions as to who to use.

@Hulk_77 I didn’t take too much damage up to the point of the symbioid, so I did wind up using all 5 champs in the 2.5 minutes allotted. I was hoping to get KM’s true strike going, but I ran out of time. DV burned some power, but I died before I could do too much there. Medusa didn’t do too much damage, because she couldn’t inflict armor break (her crits didn’t do as much damage as normal). Iceman got killed because he couldn’t negate the evade, and IMIW just didn’t have the damage output. I could try Rulk, but he’s another ramp-up champ.
    I didn’t lose a single champ to a KO by the symbioid, but rather through the timer lapsing.

@NewYorkSmitty: I fully understand that not all content is for me. Sometimes bosses have attack that is too high to overcome, etc. I’m cool with saying “hey, that content is just outside of my reach”. It gives me a goal to chase. It makes me practice my skills. But this isn’t one of those situations. This is more “easy to deal with IF you have the right champs”. I don’t see how the devs tout accessibility yet throw in a instakill node that you can’t avoid. You ran this with a couple of 4/55’s and a 5/65. How many lvl 40 players have champs that are that high?

You can be an intercept god, but if you don’t have a HP pool that can withstand 17k of unavoidable damage, what do you do? I’ve got decent skill, and my confidence got a pretty big boost after running dungeons for the past month. This is just lazy design, built to sap units/potions.

Exactly so. If you are level 40 without the right champs then you're not ready. That's all there is to it. I've been playing for going on 3 years and its taken me about this long to actually have the bench to clear just about any content. Just the nature of the beast.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Love how guys with 5/65 blades or iceman r saying it's easy. Try it with a 4/55 or less then come back. This is the worst champion since ice phoenix. It will put players off getting uncollected as they will think why bother as I'll never 100% the monthly uncollected.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Please have mercy on us kabam

What nonsense is this?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Does anyone know if Mephisto would work? I’m not sure if it would override his healing stage.

It would override his healing if it's a straight ko when you lose health from the node
    But if you still have 1% health left, then you will heal up fine
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I had to use a revive in master. My team consists of 5/38 SS, 4/40 Proxima, Omega, and AA, and 2/35 Gulk. I did master just fine last month. They should either remove the evade or remove that new insta direct damage feature. You can’t get any momentum going when he’s constantly evading and 30 seconds is too short. Once again they remove the skill aspect and put in some cheap mechanic. I know you’re supposed to use the sym but the sym needs to be ranked and how can you do that if you can’t get through EQs? A rank 3 sym isn’t going to make much of a difference against master sym from what I understand.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★

2 months ago we had an Adaptoid, this is a symbioid. So I don't follow.

Besides that, this guy is fightable for those who have 100% A4 with those ambushes. If you complain about the evade or debuff immunity, git gud! The health blast is cheap, but at the same time forces you to consider your option. Including completing other difficulties first and ranking your pet sym up. Worst case scenario he blasts you dead 1-2 times, so what? You have 5 champs on your team.

If he blasts al 5, you are either fighting poorly or your champs are too weak.
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Love how guys with 5/65 blades or iceman r saying it's easy. Try it with a 4/55 or less then come back. This is the worst champion since ice phoenix. It will put players off getting uncollected as they will think why bother as I'll never 100% the monthly uncollected.

I did it several times with a 4/55. If you have less than 4/55 then this probably isn't the EQ for you unless you plan to spend units.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    My 5* r4 Iceman did well vs him.

I used 2 other members of my team (5* r4) to take down the syms health and then Iceman got the kill.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »

I used 2 other members of my team (5* r4) to take down the syms health and then Iceman got the kill.

Did he cap the damage? Didn't think Ice Armour would work on Direct Damage.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    It's a cheap fight. Once I saw the Evade function was acive and the 30-second timer at that level of damage, I knew that you just had to suck it up and throw all five characters at it, wear it down, in Master.

I'll probably try Epic because I am curious about how hard the Summoned Symbiote can hit when fully ranked up, but if it just turns into an absolute resource spend, I'll just walk away because you can't even keep the Symbiote at the end
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    edited October 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    The symbiote might have enough health/attack at rank 4 to finish him off. Give him a true strike buff to negate the evasion.

this (just rank him to 5 first)
  • 6yrara936yrara93 Posts: 60
    People need to remember that “Epic” is the “Uncollected” replacement this month. Just because you can get into the difficulty doesn’t mean your attack team will be ready for it. Complaining about a difficult fight doesn’t get anyone anywhere, we know Kabam won’t change it.

Personally, I took the boss out in around twenty seconds. I used my 5/65 CG Sig 125, and a 24% Attack Team.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    A 4* r5 Blade can easily one-shot the symboid with Sparky/GR on the team. I also beat him with a 5* r5 Domino, but that's a little like all the folks saying they used 5* r5 Blade/Corvus, most people won't have that in the toolbox. Worse case scenario be patient and rank your little pet... Should be easy.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★

I did it several times with a 4/55. If you have less than 4/55 then this probably isn't the EQ for you unless you plan to spend units.

Kinda unfair to just say this isn’t your EQ right
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★

Kinda unfair to just say this isn’t your EQ right

How so?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    MikeHock wrote: »

Did he cap the damage? Didn't think Ice Armour would work on Direct Damage.

I was able to take him down before the 30 second timer hit.

I've run that chapter 2x and both times I used 2 heros to reduce syms health and then cleaned up with Iceman.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Chubz wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I killed him in under 30 seconds in epic, didn't seem problematic.

Always that 1 fake bot in the comments saying something wasn't too hard or difficult... WE KNOW THAT YOU WORK FOR KABAM!!!

Are you kidding me? Feel free to read my posting history and get back to me. I'm often critical, I just save my criticism for things that deserve it. This doesn't.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    honestly nodes like this make me not wanna play this game
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Pretty fair fight
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    This eq wasn't all that bad on epic defo the easiest that has came out so far there are ways to play around the symbioid just make sure they have more than 17k or u won't survive the 30 second power drain damage like the symbioid we got is meant to help if u want him to help u out with the boosts u can buy
  • MagsMags Posts: 132

I used my symbiote to beat him in master and epic.
    First pass in master he was only at R3, so I had to finish him off with ghost rider (4* R5)
    After first pass in every level except epic, you can R4 your symbiote. Then he's a piece of cake.
    No R5 5*'s, and didn't use blade.

So please stop assuming those that have beat it, are only doing so with 6*'s or maxed 5*'s.

Anyone can beat this stuff if you use the symbiote.. feed him boosts to counter the node buffs and it can be done without using any units.

If you, or anyone else can't, then consider that you're not ready for uncollected content. Not only did kabam allow access to uncollected (epic) for everyone above lvl40, they gave you the tools to beat the quest.

Read the node descriptions, then the boost descriptions, and apply logic.

Not trying to call you out specifically, but I'm so tired of seeing the complaints about fairness, or content difficulty - when simply reading descriptions and using some skill can solve your problems.