We are currently experiencing an issue in Alliance Wars where the High Grounds Defense Tactic is incorrectly applying to all Defenders. While we work to fix this, we need to take quick action to maintain the fairest Alliance War season as possible. As a result, this war will not be counted towards your Alliance War season.

This will affect all Alliances, regardless of tier or War Map. War Season Rewards eligibility will be reduced to 4 Alliance Wars this season.

Announcing: Occult Labs

1235

Comments

  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Got 2 spideys with 2 Hyperion in one Map. Spideys always rolled stun immune/limber with buffet/masochism, and bleed immunity. Hyperion kept rolling aspect of evolution with 200% power gain. My reward after I had to shell out 4 revives and a ton of pots? 500 glorious 5* shards. That was the day the labs died.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I m tired of this RNG ...

    Opened 14 crystals with 12 giving 250 shards .. and rest 1k t2a

    While some other players opened 2500 shards in one crystal plus t5b shards
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Can you please remove the "play next" option when completing. Got distracted because of someone talking to me and accidentally hit play next, was way far out off my league and ended up wasting my 2nd entry.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    it's not about the difficulty, stronger player enjoy harder content and I respect that. I also accept the fact that I'm not good enough to do epic every day. But my problem is the rewards doesn't match the challenge. One round epic is the same as one round boss rush and in boss rush we got 2k 5* shards for victory while we got let say in average 350 here
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 426 ★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant looks like except you no body like occult lab. May be you are very strong player. But game should be made based on average player skill not based on strong player basis. Whatever you say, i am not going to waste my time and resources on occult lab.

    I don't understand this argument. There are multiple difficulties. If Epic is too much, drop down a level. If that's too much, drop down a level. Keep doing that until you find a level you're comfortable with.

    If everyone could just breeze by Epic difficulty, what's the point in even having the variable difficulties?

  • PrinceIndiaPrinceIndia Posts: 49
    I am fine with EPIC difficulty , i might revive and complete it somehow but why there are difference in rewards? There should be fixed award. I don't want award based on my luck. if kabam is giving 2500 5star to anyone then give to all who is completing it. I don't want to get rewards based on my luck.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,516 Guardian
    I am fine with EPIC difficulty , i might revive and complete it somehow but why there are difference in rewards? There should be fixed award. I don't want award based on my luck. if kabam is giving 2500 5star to anyone then give to all who is completing it. I don't want to get rewards based on my luck.

    Then this is probably not the game for you. Random chance is pretty obviously fundamental to the reward systems of this game. Why play a game where 90% of the rewards have some element of random chance when you appear to be opposed on principle to random rewards. That seems illogical.
  • PrinceIndiaPrinceIndia Posts: 49
    @DNA3000 when we get monthly quest then we don't have rendom reward? It just how kabam want to make the game and really occult sucks.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,516 Guardian
    @DNA3000 when we get monthly quest then we don't have rendom reward?

    A significant chunk of the monthly quests rewards are PHC, 3*, 4* and 5* crystals or shards, and fundamentally speaking all of those are essentially random rewards, no different than the Occult Labs awarding a crystal, but the crystal itself having random drops. T4CC fragment crystals and signature stone crystals are also random drop.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,452 ★★★★★
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

    Reroll

    Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

    Go buy more rerolls in the store

    Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 383 ★★
    Still not a single 5star shard from these crystals. 😠😠😠
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,116 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

    Reroll

    Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

    Go buy more rerolls in the store

    Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

    But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,023 ★★★★★
    Noatek wrote: »
    Jesus, the hard difficulty is way to hard. I have 2 r5 4 star characters and I'm still struggling. One less event I get to play this month :(

    I took 4 4* rank 5. Depending on RNG, manageable (first attempt at this event).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,516 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    After about a week-plus of Labs, my views have shifted slightly. They aren’t bad and are still pretty fun, and (much like the Sentinel boss in DRs), they are useful in improving skills and developing your strategy and play style for different high-end scenarios. I’m still not hardcore about them—if I’m out of rerolls and the odds are impossibly long, I fight until I’m done and call it a day. No reviving unless I’m close to finishing.

    However, what I would tweak about them is the overall value proposition: for the difficulty and time investment (I occasionally run into multiple 300-400 hit KOs), I would either (a) increase the rerolls available daily or (b) remove the lowest possible prizes. I’m fine with getting 250 5* shards for what turns out to be a half hour of effort if I have a little more control over swapping the nodes I face; alternatively, I’m fine with getting stuck with crummy nodes and 8 rerolls/day if there’s a promise of more than 250 5* shards at stake. But the balance feels a little off right now.

    This isn’t a gripe about difficulty: I actually enjoy a lot of the strange interactions of the nodes even if they don’t work in my favor. And maybe I’ve just been dusted by the downside of RNG every time while someone else is raking in T5b—that’s always a possibility. But the basic mix of difficulty, time commitment, control and rewards could be tweaked a little for a better, more consistent experience in my opinion.

    Dr. Zola

    To be candid, this past weekend I decided to downshift from Epic to Expert (or whatever its called). Although I was getting slightly better, I was simply burning too many potions and rerolls to try to get through Epic twice, especially when my top champs were in AQ and AW.

    For me personally, the value proposition isn't worth it after about ten days of Epic (i.e. twenty runs). My net haul was 5 pulls of 1000 T2A, one pull of 1000 5* shards, and the rest 250 5* shards.

    Thing is, buffing the rewards wouldn't make it any less difficult, it would just put more pressure on me to do them anyway. And no matter what the rewards are, for any player less skilled than me it won't matter, and for any player significantly stronger than me they are already getting a pretty good deal on those rewards since they are completing it without any significant expenditure of any resources. I don't think there's any way to set that value in such a way that anything more than a tiny sliver of the player population would concur the value proposition was appropriate.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,745 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    After about a week-plus of Labs, my views have shifted slightly. They aren’t bad and are still pretty fun, and (much like the Sentinel boss in DRs), they are useful in improving skills and developing your strategy and play style for different high-end scenarios. I’m still not hardcore about them—if I’m out of rerolls and the odds are impossibly long, I fight until I’m done and call it a day. No reviving unless I’m close to finishing.

    However, what I would tweak about them is the overall value proposition: for the difficulty and time investment (I occasionally run into multiple 300-400 hit KOs), I would either (a) increase the rerolls available daily or (b) remove the lowest possible prizes. I’m fine with getting 250 5* shards for what turns out to be a half hour of effort if I have a little more control over swapping the nodes I face; alternatively, I’m fine with getting stuck with crummy nodes and 8 rerolls/day if there’s a promise of more than 250 5* shards at stake. But the balance feels a little off right now.

    This isn’t a gripe about difficulty: I actually enjoy a lot of the strange interactions of the nodes even if they don’t work in my favor. And maybe I’ve just been dusted by the downside of RNG every time while someone else is raking in T5b—that’s always a possibility. But the basic mix of difficulty, time commitment, control and rewards could be tweaked a little for a better, more consistent experience in my opinion.

    Dr. Zola

    To be candid, this past weekend I decided to downshift from Epic to Expert (or whatever its called). Although I was getting slightly better, I was simply burning too many potions and rerolls to try to get through Epic twice, especially when my top champs were in AQ and AW.

    For me personally, the value proposition isn't worth it after about ten days of Epic (i.e. twenty runs). My net haul was 5 pulls of 1000 T2A, one pull of 1000 5* shards, and the rest 250 5* shards.

    Thing is, buffing the rewards wouldn't make it any less difficult, it would just put more pressure on me to do them anyway. And no matter what the rewards are, for any player less skilled than me it won't matter, and for any player significantly stronger than me they are already getting a pretty good deal on those rewards since they are completing it without any significant expenditure of any resources. I don't think there's any way to set that value in such a way that anything more than a tiny sliver of the player population would concur the value proposition was appropriate.

    I agree with you about buffing the rewards—it would make the labs more compulsory for veterans who want the materials for resource hungry champs. And that’s a recipe for burnout/rage quit.

    I have adapted my approach yet again—running Epic every couple of days and punting if I see a ridiculous lineup of champs whose main counter is stuck in AQ or AW. Not worth it. I “reroll” the map and don’t sweat it.

    Neither map is good? Run until I die and never waste a pot. Keep getting the same nodes over and over even after you randomize? Don’t sweat it—not worth it. Phone call interrupts and when you go back the nodes you re-randomized are reset? Roll again and don’t sweat it.

    To date, I’ve gotten all 250 5* shards and one 1000 T2a. That’s over about a dozen finishes of Epic, and my entries are that limited partly because of vacation and partly because of disinterest. Again, my issue as much as anything is time—I value the half hour or so it takes me to knock a pass out. With everything else in game and life going on, labs are relegated to an afterthought.

    The irony is that Expert, which one would expect to yield a steady stream of small 5* shards prizes, has given me nothing but T4b/c shards—something I’ve been swimming in for a while. Go figure.

    Is the event a bust? Not exactly, but it’s underwhelming at best. Something needs to be tweaked, or maybe the overall format needs to be rethought. Shorten the map, give more randomizers, allow champ swaps, allow players to place opponents on the nodes, or something. As is, it only seems to work for the players who have access to that kind of rewards already or who enjoy self-abuse.

    Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,695 ★★★★★
    Had a truly joyous combination of nodes today on Phoenix. As well as having her usual Phoenix charges and Furies, she had:
    Bane
    Rage
    Explosive Personality
    Explosive Personality
    Aspect of Chaos

    Not unbeatable; and (theoretically) opportunities to use the Bane to my advantage.

    But so much to keep track of! Two types of Fury, Armour, Bane, PF charges and an effect that switches our health with an invisible timer!

    Didn't realise the Aspect of Chaos effect could be used to heal: it kicked in just before I won - so I lost - and so Phoenix started the next fight on 85% health. Grrr.

    Next time: send in low-health champ; wait for the switch, then take her out with free healing. Much better.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 564 ★★
    Didn't realise the Aspect of Chaos effect could be used to heal: it kicked in just before I won - so I lost - and so Phoenix started the next fight on 85% health. Grrr.

    I almost had that happen to me. First or second fight, in with Blade. Aspect of Chaos kicks in, I go down to 1% health. Blade prevents them from gaining life, they bleed out and die. Meanwhile I'm stuck with an almost dead Blade.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,695 ★★★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the Aspect of Chaos effect could be used to heal: it kicked in just before I won - so I lost - and so Phoenix started the next fight on 85% health. Grrr.

    I almost had that happen to me. First or second fight, in with Blade. Aspect of Chaos kicks in, I go down to 1% health. Blade prevents them from gaining life, they bleed out and die. Meanwhile I'm stuck with an almost dead Blade.

    Ow! Sympathies.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,516 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    After about a week-plus of Labs, my views have shifted slightly. They aren’t bad and are still pretty fun, and (much like the Sentinel boss in DRs), they are useful in improving skills and developing your strategy and play style for different high-end scenarios. I’m still not hardcore about them—if I’m out of rerolls and the odds are impossibly long, I fight until I’m done and call it a day. No reviving unless I’m close to finishing.

    However, what I would tweak about them is the overall value proposition: for the difficulty and time investment (I occasionally run into multiple 300-400 hit KOs), I would either (a) increase the rerolls available daily or (b) remove the lowest possible prizes. I’m fine with getting 250 5* shards for what turns out to be a half hour of effort if I have a little more control over swapping the nodes I face; alternatively, I’m fine with getting stuck with crummy nodes and 8 rerolls/day if there’s a promise of more than 250 5* shards at stake. But the balance feels a little off right now.

    This isn’t a gripe about difficulty: I actually enjoy a lot of the strange interactions of the nodes even if they don’t work in my favor. And maybe I’ve just been dusted by the downside of RNG every time while someone else is raking in T5b—that’s always a possibility. But the basic mix of difficulty, time commitment, control and rewards could be tweaked a little for a better, more consistent experience in my opinion.

    Dr. Zola

    To be candid, this past weekend I decided to downshift from Epic to Expert (or whatever its called). Although I was getting slightly better, I was simply burning too many potions and rerolls to try to get through Epic twice, especially when my top champs were in AQ and AW.

    For me personally, the value proposition isn't worth it after about ten days of Epic (i.e. twenty runs). My net haul was 5 pulls of 1000 T2A, one pull of 1000 5* shards, and the rest 250 5* shards.

    Thing is, buffing the rewards wouldn't make it any less difficult, it would just put more pressure on me to do them anyway. And no matter what the rewards are, for any player less skilled than me it won't matter, and for any player significantly stronger than me they are already getting a pretty good deal on those rewards since they are completing it without any significant expenditure of any resources. I don't think there's any way to set that value in such a way that anything more than a tiny sliver of the player population would concur the value proposition was appropriate.

    I agree with you about buffing the rewards—it would make the labs more compulsory for veterans who want the materials for resource hungry champs. And that’s a recipe for burnout/rage quit.

    I have adapted my approach yet again—running Epic every couple of days and punting if I see a ridiculous lineup of champs whose main counter is stuck in AQ or AW. Not worth it. I “reroll” the map and don’t sweat it.

    Neither map is good? Run until I die and never waste a pot. Keep getting the same nodes over and over even after you randomize? Don’t sweat it—not worth it. Phone call interrupts and when you go back the nodes you re-randomized are reset? Roll again and don’t sweat it.

    To date, I’ve gotten all 250 5* shards and one 1000 T2a. That’s over about a dozen finishes of Epic, and my entries are that limited partly because of vacation and partly because of disinterest. Again, my issue as much as anything is time—I value the half hour or so it takes me to knock a pass out. With everything else in game and life going on, labs are relegated to an afterthought.

    The irony is that Expert, which one would expect to yield a steady stream of small 5* shards prizes, has given me nothing but T4b/c shards—something I’ve been swimming in for a while. Go figure.

    Is the event a bust? Not exactly, but it’s underwhelming at best. Something needs to be tweaked, or maybe the overall format needs to be rethought. Shorten the map, give more randomizers, allow champ swaps, allow players to place opponents on the nodes, or something. As is, it only seems to work for the players who have access to that kind of rewards already or who enjoy self-abuse.

    Dr. Zola

    I am not someone who religiously hates random rewards. However, for an event like this where you're doing two possibly very difficult runs a day for a month, I would have probably designed the rewards around currency. Maybe the different tiers would have different currency, or maybe the higher tiers would just give more currency (which is much more difficult to balance). But the notion that an expert tier player should be able to decide to shift their rewards in the direction of T4B or T4CC or 5* shards depending on what they need the most seems to make more sense when it comes to a marathon event which this is.

    Especially since our entries are limited, so it is not like everyone is just scooping up the easier tier rewards. Everyone is pushing themselves to the highest tier they feel they can complete comfortably (or otherwise). So unlike an event where everyone gets to do both easy and hard tasks, this is much more of an intensive grind (or could be).
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,745 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    After about a week-plus of Labs, my views have shifted slightly. They aren’t bad and are still pretty fun, and (much like the Sentinel boss in DRs), they are useful in improving skills and developing your strategy and play style for different high-end scenarios. I’m still not hardcore about them—if I’m out of rerolls and the odds are impossibly long, I fight until I’m done and call it a day. No reviving unless I’m close to finishing.

    However, what I would tweak about them is the overall value proposition: for the difficulty and time investment (I occasionally run into multiple 300-400 hit KOs), I would either (a) increase the rerolls available daily or (b) remove the lowest possible prizes. I’m fine with getting 250 5* shards for what turns out to be a half hour of effort if I have a little more control over swapping the nodes I face; alternatively, I’m fine with getting stuck with crummy nodes and 8 rerolls/day if there’s a promise of more than 250 5* shards at stake. But the balance feels a little off right now.

    This isn’t a gripe about difficulty: I actually enjoy a lot of the strange interactions of the nodes even if they don’t work in my favor. And maybe I’ve just been dusted by the downside of RNG every time while someone else is raking in T5b—that’s always a possibility. But the basic mix of difficulty, time commitment, control and rewards could be tweaked a little for a better, more consistent experience in my opinion.

    Dr. Zola

    To be candid, this past weekend I decided to downshift from Epic to Expert (or whatever its called). Although I was getting slightly better, I was simply burning too many potions and rerolls to try to get through Epic twice, especially when my top champs were in AQ and AW.

    For me personally, the value proposition isn't worth it after about ten days of Epic (i.e. twenty runs). My net haul was 5 pulls of 1000 T2A, one pull of 1000 5* shards, and the rest 250 5* shards.

    Thing is, buffing the rewards wouldn't make it any less difficult, it would just put more pressure on me to do them anyway. And no matter what the rewards are, for any player less skilled than me it won't matter, and for any player significantly stronger than me they are already getting a pretty good deal on those rewards since they are completing it without any significant expenditure of any resources. I don't think there's any way to set that value in such a way that anything more than a tiny sliver of the player population would concur the value proposition was appropriate.

    I agree with you about buffing the rewards—it would make the labs more compulsory for veterans who want the materials for resource hungry champs. And that’s a recipe for burnout/rage quit.

    I have adapted my approach yet again—running Epic every couple of days and punting if I see a ridiculous lineup of champs whose main counter is stuck in AQ or AW. Not worth it. I “reroll” the map and don’t sweat it.

    Neither map is good? Run until I die and never waste a pot. Keep getting the same nodes over and over even after you randomize? Don’t sweat it—not worth it. Phone call interrupts and when you go back the nodes you re-randomized are reset? Roll again and don’t sweat it.

    To date, I’ve gotten all 250 5* shards and one 1000 T2a. That’s over about a dozen finishes of Epic, and my entries are that limited partly because of vacation and partly because of disinterest. Again, my issue as much as anything is time—I value the half hour or so it takes me to knock a pass out. With everything else in game and life going on, labs are relegated to an afterthought.

    The irony is that Expert, which one would expect to yield a steady stream of small 5* shards prizes, has given me nothing but T4b/c shards—something I’ve been swimming in for a while. Go figure.

    Is the event a bust? Not exactly, but it’s underwhelming at best. Something needs to be tweaked, or maybe the overall format needs to be rethought. Shorten the map, give more randomizers, allow champ swaps, allow players to place opponents on the nodes, or something. As is, it only seems to work for the players who have access to that kind of rewards already or who enjoy self-abuse.

    Dr. Zola

    I am not someone who religiously hates random rewards. However, for an event like this where you're doing two possibly very difficult runs a day for a month, I would have probably designed the rewards around currency. Maybe the different tiers would have different currency, or maybe the higher tiers would just give more currency (which is much more difficult to balance). But the notion that an expert tier player should be able to decide to shift their rewards in the direction of T4B or T4CC or 5* shards depending on what they need the most seems to make more sense when it comes to a marathon event which this is.

    Especially since our entries are limited, so it is not like everyone is just scooping up the easier tier rewards. Everyone is pushing themselves to the highest tier they feel they can complete comfortably (or otherwise). So unlike an event where everyone gets to do both easy and hard tasks, this is much more of an intensive grind (or could be).

    That’s totally fair, and honestly something I thought about the first couple of runs through labs. Make them Symbiotic shards or something that can be combined or used as currency to buy items like Infinity Dust was.

    Makes more sense than what we have—just an odd combination of features and restrictions.

    Dr. Zola
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    Hard level is all I can cope with. Expert is frustrating, and Epic is downright maddening.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,452 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Voltolos wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

    Reroll

    Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

    Go buy more rerolls in the store

    Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

    But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason

    It matters because you will have just wasted rerolls. Its retty silly that this issue hasn’t been fixed. It was a problem back during Modoks Lab many months ago.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,516 Guardian
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Voltolos wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

    Reroll

    Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

    Go buy more rerolls in the store

    Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

    But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason

    It matters because you will have just wasted rerolls. Its retty silly that this issue hasn’t been fixed. It was a problem back during Modoks Lab many months ago.

    He's saying if you leave the map specifically to buy rerolls, then because you were going to reroll the nodes anyway it doesn't matter if they stay the same or revert to the initial state, because you're going to reroll them anyway.

    This only hurts if you reroll into a combination you *like* but then leave for some reason. It has no effect whatsoever on someone intending to reroll a combination they don't want.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 621 ★★

    MikeHock wrote: »
    Voltolos wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Same problem used to happen in Modoks Lab. I guess they never bothered to fix it....

    Reroll

    Unhappy with reroll but Need to buy more rerolls

    Go buy more rerolls in the store

    Come back into the occult lab to see that Nodes have reverted back to their original.

    But if you wanted to reroll anyway then it doesnt matter what the nodes are. Its only a problem if you quit out of the lab for another reason

    It matters because you will have just wasted rerolls. Its retty silly that this issue hasn’t been fixed. It was a problem back during Modoks Lab many months ago.

    I’m sorry you was gonna reroll(wow thre times autowrong) you went to buy more tokens to reroll so it doesn’t matter if they was reset, seeing as you was gonna reroll anyway(the reroll failed before you left)
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 513 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Why do some enemies have 1 or 2 nodes and then next fight you have someone with 6 nodes. Makes no sense. Each enemy should have the same number of nodes. It would make it a lot more consistent and you wouldnt feel shafted like now when you get a hard enemy with 6 nodes on them when the previous fight was a OG captain america with 2 nodes.
Sign In or Register to comment.