**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Evade Champs

Hello all, anoikis here with your daily dose of ongoing issues. This is not really a bug just something I think is unfair. Champs should not be able to evade once you've caught them in your heavies and in your specials. It leaves the player at a disadvantage since some people such as myself, am not quick enough to reapond or if it is even possible to react. The AI has all the advantage during the evade in the middle of heavy and specials. What can I do to play around this?

Comments

• solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388

Use champs with true strike, problem solved haha. Or in nightcrawler's case, change his stance.

Sorry for being a stupid but how to change his stance in the most easy way?
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    When he dodges back time your combo down til the meter under his health runs out.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    I agree with OP. I was doing a lane in EQ with corvus with proxima synergy. In a fight against miles morales I tried to knock him down with a heavy and special but couldn't do it at first cuz of him evade halfway throughout the attack animation. Had to restart the lane cuz miles was attacking me in the middle of a heavy.
  • AnoikisAnoikis Posts: 10
    But this is done when they are stunned? Once they get out of bring stunned in the middle of the heavy or specials. They shouldn't be able to evade it. Doesn't make sense to say don't use heavies when you use AA or hyperion. True strike is a good solution but if you lack those champions. What can you do?
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    You will get more comfortable with evade champs the more you fight them. I hated fighting them too. Eventually I realized that
    1) I was completely safe if I only combo'd them a couple hits after a parry stun.
    2) I then learned to watch the stun timer while they were parried and end my combo before the timer ran out.

Other tips:
    I only throw my heavy if they are stunned, or if I have an SP3 and the AI evade champ doesn't. That way if they do evade, I can intercept their retaliation with my SP3 and yell "EVADE THAT!" :-D

Everybody fights differently. But with practice you will see Kabam gives you the tools to take down evade champs. (FYI... stun immune evade champs will always be a challenge but True Strike keeps you saner, at least. Lol). Keep your head up and develop your own style!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    There used to be a thing called the 'evade bug' because evade champs could evade and counter-attack you in less time than it took for your champ to complete the initial attack animation.

This was so blatantly unfair it was known as the 'evade bug', and even Kabam acknowledged it for a while.

Then they stopped acknowledging it.

But it kept happening.

Then we stopped talking about it.

And it still kept happening.

Then they bought out Wasp...

Now it's not a bug. It's clearly not going to be 'fixed', since it's now effectively one of a brand new champion's main abilities.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    On a more positive note, luckily we have been thrown a few breadcrumbs; mostly from the Skill class, as champs who can counter evade.

Crossbones
    Black widow
    Agent Venom
    Falcon
    Kingpin
    Karnak
    Kingpin
    Killmonger
    Proxima
    Corvus
    IMIW
    (Not sure why so many of them start with a 'K')

Aside from that: Use strategy:

Short 2-3 hit combos
    Stun and parry them
    Only use multi-hit attacks when they're stunned (or you're an anti evade champ)
    Use the Unfazed mastery (but you'll need several expensive ranks to get much use out of it)
  • InxInx Posts: 115
    My gripe with the whole thing is that it means champs aren’t stunned when you catch them with a heavy so you can no longer chain specials to heavies like you could a couple months ago. Which was a bug, but something I miss and wish I could still do with hype :'( .

I know it also happened with specials too which meant champs could dash back mid special and punish you, so maybe that fix was the reason for this heavy special combo fix.

Happens to seatin at 5 min mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJL3E2pXe5s