**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

There needs to be a way to stop treadmilling with champs...

I feel like I'm on a treadmill. I'm 80% of the way to my first 6* but I don't have any drive to get there. Why? My first 6* champ will surely be with Rhino, IP, Hawkeye or some other lower tier utility champ that I have every previous star level at max signature level. My RNG luck is terrible. I picked up my first Hype in the basic arena a few weeks ago and that's only because his cut off was so low. That's how poor my RNG luck is... Hype has been god tier for a couple years... and he just doesn't show up in shard crystals.

My last 4 5* crystals were Storm, Iron Fist, IP and Rocket... All decent champs (with the exception of IP) but I have all 2*, 3* and 4* variations of these champs. I'm not seeing anything new with these champs, so it's almost like you haven't really earned anything.

I keep wondering why RNG is so frustrating in this game, but in other RNG based games, it isn't as terrible and I think it's because we keep getting copies of the same exact champs, with the same features, just with the benefits of the star differential.

Combine this with the resource scarcity that we have and it's tough to get any real momentum when I start looking to play seriously again.

Comments

• Ahmed363Ahmed363 Posts: 16
    I totay agree with you. My luck is same as urs. But man hawkeye is a great utility champ others you mentioned are not good at all.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Don't give up. For the longest time I was pulling nothing but pure **** from crystals. My first 18 5* star champs were all terrible with the exception of X23. One day I pulled IceMan and my next six 5* champs after him were all god tier, with everything else being decent, useable champs with good utility.

So... don't give up
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    edited October 2018
    hehe
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Yeah collecting same champs of different value is getting really old not to mention that with the flood of offers for purchase the game is becoming more and more pay to win or pay to ru for any rank that requires t2a resources or higher
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    If you are unhappy with getting a 6 star, wait for the basic pool to have better champs. Remember when the 5 star crystal came out and the ONLY good champion in there was Star Lord? We might have 3 or 4 God tier champs in the basic 6 star right now, but wait until blade, Medusa, sparky are in there.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    @ContestOfNoobs
    As a member of your sister ally, tell me how to get more t2a without exploring lab lol

Seeing as t2a has been boosted in aq
    map 6
    Glory from map 6

Unless you really want to speed up t2a progression, money,unit deals for t2a are only ones that can give u faster progress.

I suggest u save money for upcoming november black friday/cyber monday deals.

And save units from arena for t2alpha deals

Guessing u 100% act v and already 100% uncollected/master monthly so theres that.
    Did u 100% act 4?

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    If it makes u feel better i got 8 6* and none of them i want to r2

Meanwhile i seen people pull corvus,domino as first 6*

I always just keep telling myself my luck will come if i keep goingz

I remember when all i wanted was og spiderman as a 5*...and only had less than 5 5* this was like 2 years ago, u didnt even get 6* shards for a 5* dupe.

a time when tiers didnt matter, aw wasnt serious, and all i wanted to do is 100% master...took me awhile to beat it 1 time and even longer to 100% master my first time.

I remember back in the day when mcoc was still new...i had to

100% act 3 just to get my first 4*
    I was like mid 30’s and also remember that

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites
    no extra shards from dupes

But i see today...global chats with lv 20’s with 5*’s as avatars saying the game is to hard.

Imagine if new players had 100% act 3 to get first 4*?

new players already think 4* are old and losing value, since theres 5/6* in the game.

Just gota keep grinding, this game was is a marathon.

Ha noob yeah your luck is terrible...
    Omni wrote: »

I remember when all i wanted was og spiderman as a 5*...and only had less than 5 5* this was like 2 years ago, u didnt even get 6* shards for a 5* dupe.

a time when tiers didnt matter, aw wasnt serious, and all i wanted to do is 100% master...took me awhile to beat it 1 time and even longer to 100% master my first time.

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites

But i see today...global chats with lv 20’s with 5*’s as avatars saying the game is to hard.

new players already think 4* are old and losing value, since theres 5/6* in the game.

Ha noob yeah your luck is terrible...

One day itll get better, 🤔
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I think 4* champs will continue to decline with the new waves of tougher and tougher content.

I've been holding back from dumping massive resources into my 5* champs. I have a handful of R4/R3 5* champs and a fleet of unduped utility champs at R1/R2, but seeing how 4* champs hold up in the dungeons in the level 6 rooms, they're not going to be valuable for a lot longer if they're not god tier champs.

The difficulty adjustment will eat away at 4* value until the SW I pulled out of a $5 daily deal crystal, in one of my few RNG wins, will be just another toss away champ unless you're playing totally non-contact or instinctive touch.
  • How long have yous played to get that many 5*/6*? I just start about 6 months ago and only been able to get 4-5*s (Venompool “trash,” Thor Jane “not great or for me anyway,” StarLord “I hear he is great?” YellowJaket “he keeps get switch around I don’t know if I should do much with him?”). I have plenty of 4*s but IP was the 1st I received so I maxed him at 4/5; now I have Spider Stark, but whom should I concentrate on? My 4* spider Stark or 5* StarLord; I also have an 4* Ultron. I feel my M.O.D.O.K. 4/5 maxed n duped is by far my stongest player; I also have NightCrawler 4* 4/5 maxed n duped, Storm 4* 4/5 maxed, Medusa 4* 4/5 maxed, Carnage 4* 4/5maxed, BlackWidow 4* 4/5 maxed, Black Panther CW 4* 4/5 maxed, GR 4* 4/5 maxed, Magik 4* 4/5 maxed. This IS MY QUESTION (since I’ve only been playing for 6 months, if anyone would be kind enough to give me their opinion on these matters I would be VERY thankful!) 1st HOW IS EVERYONE getting so many T4 class Catalyst (I have opened 100’s of 4*catalyst fragments crystals n only have 2 n change in my inventory) , 2nd should I level up StarLord 5* or my 4* Spider Stark, Lastly I have 1-4* awakening gem Out of all the maxed 4*s 4/5 I have mentioned whom should I Awaked “dup?” Anyone’s opinion I would be greatful to get (I am in my mid 30s n own my own construction/Urban Development businesses, properties and holdings in my North East Coastal City; but I REFUSE TO BUY ANYTHING, due to me starting a clan 2months after a game called Clash of Clans started. Then 5 years into the game it was brought to my attention I had spent an absurd amount of $ over the years on it ! So, unless I win it 5*StarLord it May be difficult to awaken him!

If anyone has time I would be Extremely Grateful for yor help with your advice! I also have 4*s like Gamar, Punisher 2099, Capt Am WWII, Electro (along with about 45 not mentioned I know what to do with; and have near 300 4* signature Stones I can add). Thank ANYONE/Everyone whom helps with advice!
  • CaguioaCaguioa Posts: 25
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    I think 4* champs will continue to decline with the new waves of tougher and tougher content.

I've been holding back from dumping massive resources into my 5* champs. I have a handful of R4/R3 5* champs and a fleet of unduped utility champs at R1/R2, but seeing how 4* champs hold up in the dungeons in the level 6 rooms, they're not going to be valuable for a lot longer if they're not god tier champs.

The difficulty adjustment will eat away at 4* value until the SW I pulled out of a $5 daily deal crystal, in one of my few RNG wins, will be just another toss away champ unless you're playing totally non-contact or instinctive touch.

Back then 4* basic was top 5% and cutoff for basic 4* was way higher along time ago.

All u need to do is look up old arena cutoffs to see the incline and decline of 4*
  • I just hope that one day Kabam will put Vision at 6* pool.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites

If it makes you feel better, i have 6 6* and only void is worth r2. DD, DPXF, Juggy, Nebula and Mordo are just meh..Even if I don't get corvus, km, capiw or domino, i'd b happy with kingpin, yondu, king groot, cable, and nc...
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites

while i appreciate the fact the people in top tier allies get better rewards then those down the bottom.

this clearly shows a huge imbalance in the state of the game as a whole.
    players in average alliances have anywhere between 0-3 6* champs.
    those at the high end of average have 3.
    whilst most players have 1 o 2.
    heck there would be well over half the player base that has yet to get 1.

whilst this is not a problem unto itself the fact that those at the top have had the ability to already gain 8 shows a seriously large imbalance in the state of the game.

top players should be along infront of bottom players.
    top players should be well infront of average players.
    but we are at the point here where top is not just infront of average players top are playing a totally different game.

need to get a slight semblance of balance going on
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    The harder you work, the luckier you get
    edited October 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites

while i appreciate the fact the people in top tier allies get better rewards then those down the bottom.

whilst this is not a problem unto itself the fact that those at the top have had the ability to already gain 8 shows a seriously large imbalance in the state of the game.

but we are at the point here where top is not just infront of average players top are playing a totally different game.

What...dude i play in tier1 wars, and at the highest level of mcoc play finished in masters/plat1 all 4 seasons.

Gotten plenty of rewards and i also manage to get top 10% in 5* featured arena twice a week
    I also grinded to get top 150 for multiple 5* for my omega red, for example

Seatin has 5 6* and he has only been with us for 1 aw season. And he opened his 5th just after aw season

He only been with us for 2 seasons, and barely does arena since hes so busy with youtube and running his channel. He would have alot more 6* and 5* shards if he focused on 1 account

And his free to play account just got 3 6* thats account is nowhere newr close to his main or the level he spent “money”

Thats not imbalance, it shows u a “ftp” player thats 2nd account already has 3 6* shows alot.

I also have 90 5* not counting dupes, yea thats 90 different 5* champions, but please tell me how you think.

Also have around 115* 4* champions

Again u are blinded by the fact you think we are way to ahead.

Didnt i say in that post that i struggled beating master and doing 100% monthly back in fhe day?

Also scored 6m for 4* nc in the basic 4* arena and didnt get him...

Does that now even tell you how competitive it was back then to even get a 4* when the value for them was so high?

@MrMaat

edited October 2018
    Also each win in tier1 wars gives u 300 6*

Heres 1 month breakdown of season 4, 4 weeks.

1.We won 7 wars lat season so thats
    2100 6* shards

2. Master aw (thats top 20 in the world)
    3000 6* shards

3. 400 6* a week for placing top 10%
    1600 6* shards (400x4weeks)

4. Monthly uncollected 100%
    2500 6*

Thats 9,200 6* in a month, not counting any 5* that i dupe

• MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    edited October 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »

2/3* dupes had
    no sig abiliites

What...dude i play in tier1 wars, and at the highest level of mcoc play finished in masters/plat1 all 4 seasons.

Gotten plenty of rewards and i also manage to get top 10% in 5* featured arena twice a week
    I also grinded to get top 150 for multiple 5* for my omega red, for example

Seatin has 5 6* and he has only been with us for 1 aw season. And he opened his 5th just after aw season

He only been with us for 2 seasons, and barely does arena since hes so busy with youtube and running his channel. He would have alot more 6* and 5* shards if he focused on 1 account

And his free to play account just got 3 6* thats account is nowhere newr close to his main or the level he spent “money”

Thats not imbalance, it shows u a “ftp” player thats 2nd account already has 3 6* shows alot.

I also have 90 5* not counting dupes, yea thats 90 different 5* champions, but please tell me how you think.

Also have around 115* 4* champions

Again u are blinded by the fact you think we are way to ahead.

Didnt i say in that post that i struggled beating master and doing 100% monthly back in fhe day?

Also scored 6m for 4* nc in the basic 4* arena and didnt get him...

Does that now even tell you how competitive it was back then to even get a 4* when the value for them was so high?

@MrMaat

jesus dude....

freaking relax....

take a god darn chill pill....

i was not attacking you or nothing.....
    what is your problem....

i said i understand that the top should have more rewards.
    yes i recognize you are at the top.
    i agree you should have more rewards.

it is just my opinion and my belief that the separation is just too vast that the top can have 8 while average players have less than half.
    i never suggested taking rewards away from the top.
    and i am not asking for hand outs.
    i am just suggesting that the bump up rewards a little bit lower down just to close the gap slightly.

dud i am entitled to have my opinion and say my piece.

once again to repeat.
    i understand you are in the top..
    i understand how you earn the rewards you do.
    i understand you play damn hard to get them.

i also believe that a small amount of rewards like 15b shards and 6* shards should be spread out just a little lower.
    for example.
    6* shards imo should begin at gold 2 season rewards at 500 instead of 1000 at gold 1 as up until master all other increments are in lots of 500. it only makes sense to me.
    this is a very minor change that realistically does very little but makes a small difference to those lower down.

you have no reason to come out swinging and attack me and or my opinion with both barrels.
    this is an open for for discussion
    just chill a bit dude.

and no need to treat me like a new player. i know how competitive it was for champs and stuff i have been playing for a while myself.
    yes not as long as you and not at your level but long enough.

@ContestOfNoobs
    i do agree with you on how it is too quick and easy for new players to get 4* compared to how it was. i waited 4 months to get my first 5* champ.
    i waited about the same time to get my first t4b aswell. i did not have a r5 4* champ until i was playing for almost a year.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    When the Acts are revamped here in the near future, I think you will see some of this rebalancing occurring.

I think the main thrust of the rebalancing will be to restrict certain acts to certain champ levels. So, to complete Act 1, you can only use 2* and 3* champs, or just 2* champs. That will tend to normalize completion with the strength of your roster.

I don't know if this is good or not, but some of what made this game fun was finding ways to swing way higher than your line up should be able to reach using god-tier champs and synergies. It seems like this will be modified in some way.