Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

account sharing in game message

12346

Comments

  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 407 ★★
    Missy wrote: »
    Lol kabam I don't think there are any alliances doing map 6 not sharing accounts.. well never saw that. Up to you to make realistic schedule for map 6 so people are not forced to share accounts.. I don't like logging on others so I just opted not to play map 6. But well good luck if you need to ban 90% of map 6 players ^-^. @Kabam Miike
    Just because you can't do it does that mean nobody else can?

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Ch0pstix wrote: »
    Just something to fight Kabam with, the first sentence, "We would like to remind all of you that using cheat tools advertised on the internet are against our Terms of Service and WILL get your account banned." references the cheating with tools. The next sentence, "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to compete." can be understood as sharing your acct with another person or advertised service that's basically cheats for you. It doesn't make a clear separation that purely sharing your account is cheating, but because it's placed together implies that the use of a cheat but those persons is what is wrong. So if a lot of people are banned from just sharing accounts with alliance members, and many I'm sure have spent tons of money over the year(s), I think they have a good case for a class action lawsuit against Kabam. Any lawyers want to take Kabam on?

    You have no basis for a lawsuit if you violate the rules you agree to by playing the game. Money does not buy someone the legal right to break the rules.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 637 ★★★
    Most alliances share account Info. Good luck banning 50% of the competitive player base.

    Proud to say for my part no one has ever been given my information, but I have played in multiple alliances where most do
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I love this. AQ, AW and Arenas are gonna be much easier now that cheaters and account sharers are banned.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Missy wrote: »
    Lol kabam I don't think there are any alliances doing map 6 not sharing accounts.. well never saw that. Up to you to make realistic schedule for map 6 so people are not forced to share accounts.. I don't like logging on others so I just opted not to play map 6. But well good luck if you need to ban 90% of map 6 players ^-^. @Kabam Miike

    The alliance that placed first every aq(not to be named bc of tos) must not account share. Otherwise someone in here would be the worlds biggest hypocrite. #thebossofdeadsilence
  • Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Bearz_Rule wrote: »
    @Fluffy that's just video people sent into him. He never actually gets on others accounts during his videos.

    I was told he was opening crystals for a friend on the friend's account.

    Link to video? Also I don't think he's an officer in ISO8D, so I doubt he has other members logins.
  • Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.
  • Eu tenho três contas, é e elas estão na mesma aliança. Nunca usei nenhum cheat (isso é coisa de babaca), quer dizer que eu não posso mais acessar essas contas a partir do meu celular?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,444 ★★★
    Ch0pstix wrote: »
    Just something to fight Kabam with, the first sentence, "We would like to remind all of you that using cheat tools advertised on the internet are against our Terms of Service and WILL get your account banned." references the cheating with tools. The next sentence, "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to compete." can be understood as sharing your acct with another person or advertised service that's basically cheats for you. It doesn't make a clear separation that purely sharing your account is cheating, but because it's placed together implies that the use of a cheat but those persons is what is wrong. So if a lot of people are banned from just sharing accounts with alliance members, and many I'm sure have spent tons of money over the year(s), I think they have a good case for a class action lawsuit against Kabam. Any lawyers want to take Kabam on?

    You are ignoring the fact that in the TOS that you agree to by playing the game it says that account sharing for any purpose is a bannable offense....
  • BakedBaked Posts: 3
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    Fine then I won't play anymore and i went spend. You guys are really bad at managing a company it's insane...
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited July 2017
    Baked wrote: »
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    Fine then I won't play anymore and i went spend. You guys are really bad at managing a company it's insane...

    C'mon man. Pull it together.
  • Ch0pstixCh0pstix Posts: 2
    Under Kabam TOS they can shut you down for any, all and no reason...and the fact that they have allowed this behavior to continue unenforced for this long, collected millions of dollars, then want to enforce it later on, I guarantee you that tactic will not work in court
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    So, I attended a meeting with Jared Kushner relating to Russian adoption, can that get my account banned?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,444 ★★★
    Baked wrote: »
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    Fine then I won't play anymore and i went spend. You guys are really bad at managing a company it's insane...

    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11064/to-all-the-accounts-getting-banned#latest
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Most alliances share account Info. Good luck banning 50% of the competitive player base.

    Proud to say for my part no one has ever been given my information, but I have played in multiple alliances where most do

    That doesn't justify it. That statement has been an excuse for a long time. "They would have to ban half the Player Base.". Hate to break it to them, but if they break the rules, it's on their own heads if they're apprehended for it. Especially to be cocky enough to know it's against the rules and assume nothing will be done. These are the same Allies telling people to give their Info as a requirement and jeopardizing their Accounts by thinking it's acceptable. Not much sympathy for those who know the rules and break them anyway.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited July 2017
    I've been in allot of alliances, none have asked for my account info. If they did, I would say "NO!"

    Also, giving away login credentials to someone you don't know personally... what's to stop someone from deleting you Champs!?!?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Hey @Ch0pstix , still wrong man. They are entirely covered legally, there's no statute of limitations on their TOS. I just love so much when people start bringing up class-action lawsuits anytime something changes.

    Btw, this is my favorite forum thread ever :D
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 301
    Let me gey this straight, i know a guy that just got banned for letting his wife play for him. And if another guy lets his 10 year old play on his account he gets permanent ban. And had a guy on old alliance that could beat aq boss with all nodes incoming, and took no damage. He was a cheater, but kabam hasnt banned him yet and that was 2 yeats ago. But oh god its cheating if someone else plays you account. If this is true, didnt seatin make a video of him playing with his friends account on youtube.

    The guy with the 10 year old son violated 2 terms of service because you have to be 13 to play MCOC. I know this because mentioning my 6 year old son had an account got my thread deleted along with a warning because apparently just mentioning that my 6 year old played was a violation.....oops
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 637 ★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Most alliances share account Info. Good luck banning 50% of the competitive player base.

    Proud to say for my part no one has ever been given my information, but I have played in multiple alliances where most do

    That doesn't justify it. That statement has been an excuse for a long time. "They would have to ban half the Player Base.". Hate to break it to them, but if they break the rules, it's on their own heads if they're apprehended for it. Especially to be cocky enough to know it's against the rules and assume nothing will be done. These are the same Allies telling people to give their Info as a requirement and jeopardizing their Accounts by thinking it's acceptable. Not much sympathy for those who know the rules and break them anyway.

    I dont care it does not effect me. They will not ban for basic account sharing. If they do then so be it, still would have no impact on me but top alliances would have a **** of recruiting to do
  • Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    BAN MMX then and the other top 1000 alliances that do this. Netmarbles stock will plummet even more then it has already. This is a joke
  • draculadracula Posts: 25
    edited July 2017
    i still don't understand why i cant leave access to my account to one of the ally officers so that he clears a active node while i'm at work and literally cannot connect, ....... i want alliance rewards to and to get them you need to be active in ally, if not you get kicked.......
    so, i hope to get an answer on that question
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Ch0pstix wrote: »
    Under Kabam TOS they can shut you down for any, all and no reason...and the fact that they have allowed this behavior to continue unenforced for this long, collected millions of dollars, then want to enforce it later on, I guarantee you that tactic will not work in court

    Court....over a free mobile device game? Really? I think some people need some perspective on this.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 301
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    Well if Kabam enforces this, almost every member of every alliance I've ever been in would be banned.
  • MissyMissy Posts: 14
    edited July 2017
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Missy wrote: »
    Lol kabam I don't think there are any alliances doing map 6 not sharing accounts.. well never saw that. Up to you to make realistic schedule for map 6 so people are not forced to share accounts.. I don't like logging on others so I just opted not to play map 6. But well good luck if you need to ban 90% of map 6 players ^-^. @Kabam Miike
    Just because you can't do it does that mean nobody else can?

    lol Never said I can't!! I don't want to play on others and think we lose the fun of playing if we need to share accounts to move in aq. Why map 6 is not realistic if you eat & sleep.

    And this community does not need to be hypocrite. All alliances I was in doing map 6 were sharing accounts and more higher ranked they were in aw & aq, more sharing you see... you know it's true.

    So what would be the proper answer from Kabam to that... keep their game schedule like this? Or ban mostly every alliances playing map 6?

    Point is you can't just blame the players. Kabam has its responsability in that problem.

    Mercs should be all banned right away.. and those using their services...for that I agree.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited July 2017
    Hey All,

    Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

    Let's be honest. You can't tell the slightest difference in who uses an account unless they say it in chat, is reported accordingly, and is then investigated 6 months down the line and even then it's likely nothing will happen. No, it's not ok, but that's not something that you can actively enforce even in the slightest. I despise when developers lie just to strike false fear into their customers. Cheating with programs or modded files is quite a bit different and can be seen in the game data.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    BAN MMX then and the other top 1000 alliances that do this. Netmarbles stock will plummet even more then it has already. This is a joke

    Doesn't matter who it is. People aren't above the rules because of what they spend or what Ally they're in. The rules are the same for everyone.
    Further to that, their revenue is not isolated to a small group.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Baked wrote: »
    @baked you don't own anything. It all belongs to Kabam and the rules have been in place since the beginning. You are wrong, nobody will boycott because they get rid of cheaters lol

    I'm not a cheater moron. Just want a friend to fight now and then. Should not be an issue the grand I spent on the game was my money.

    Regardless, this is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to abide by when you created your account. All of the actions you take with your account are subject to these rules. Breaking these rules is grounds to have your account banned. Do not share your account.

    BAN MMX then and the other top 1000 alliances that do this. Netmarbles stock will plummet even more then it has already. This is a joke

    jqh5yf7hjiaq.png
    Actually, it has not dropped that much since May. Sorry, it is an emotional issue, but it is the right thing for Kabam to do.
  • JoesekiJoeseki Posts: 36
    Dude, Try reading them all. At least one of them Kabam Mike said was okay.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 418 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Hey All,

    Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!


    Alot of times in alliances there is peer pressure to share accounts because an officer or leader says they need an account in case there is a hold up in AW/AQ, Kabam can you do something more concrete to address this issue?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

    Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!


    Alot of times in alliances there is peer pressure to share accounts because an officer or leader says they need an account in case there is a hold up in AW/AQ, Kabam can you do something more concrete to address this issue?

    They have. It's not allowed. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.