**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sabretooth Vs Uncollected ÆGON

mno1130ukaup.png

Buffet works off an attacker’s buff, but what if dexterity was only used when Sabre stunned Aegon; wouldn’t that nullify his buffet node as it does Masochism?

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No.

Buffet isn't affected because it interacts based on the attacker.

Think of it as an anti-buff triggered by your attacker.
  • I don’t see your logic.

Buff is a node as Masochism is.. The debuff will give enough time to get the dexterity off my champ so he can attack safely.. while stunned I don’t see why a buffet node would get the benefits when it’s a 100% reduction rate to ability accuracy..
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited November 2018
    I’m really not jus trying to make a post that says yes yes yes to me but I don’t jus accept information either..

I’m trying to think it through because I can’t try it out at the moment, my Sabre is in war..
    The synergy is reducing opponent's AAR.

Buffet doesn't have anything to do with the opponent. It's based on your action and it affects you.

Masochism is directly interacting with the opponent.
    Does it make sense? If not, I'll try and explain it again.
  • Buffet doesn’t have anything to do with them? They gain health when an attacker’s buff is activated. Since “stun” is a debufff it would help, right?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If you trigger buffet while the opponent is suffering from 100% ability accuracy reduction it will not trigger the heal.

You can see it happen with GP’s defensive ability accuracy reduction when fighting buffet.

https://youtu.be/CueUSbg2XG4
  • It made sense to me but I wanted to make sure.

This should also help vs Dormammu then
    edited November 2018
    It made sense to me but I wanted to make sure.

It will reduce the number of triggers but i doubt it will end triggers due to saber’s fury. IMO not very effective for dealing with either Ægon or Dorm punishing the use of buffs.
  • Wouldn’t I jus need to stun on the 10th hit?
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    It made sense to me but I wanted to make sure.

It will reduce the number of triggers but i doubt it will end triggers due to saber’s fury. IMO not very effective for dealing with either Ægon or Dorm punishing the use of buffs.

• Considering how fast Sabre can do damage with 15+ furies and nullifying regen, I don’t think it’d be too long of a fight.. RTTL sometimes only lasts like 60 hits and that’s with a lot more health..
    With Ægon it may be practical because he’s skill and the 10th hit, iirc, also armor breaks so it’ll be an order of operations if the armor break prevents the heal. With Dormammu yeah sure it’ll work if you debuff him and proc a buff witthin the .7 timeframe, not saying it cannot be done just that it wont be very effective simply because you do not have complete control of when you will proc dex and fury given circumstances.
  • The armor break isn’t the debuff needed; it’s the parry inflicting stun.

I did it lately with 27 hits and I recorded a video of it. He didn’t regen at all