**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The T2A shortage. The struggle is real.

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of increasing t2a availability, but only if the cap is increased aswell, had T2a in overflow on 3 separate occasions this year and could possibly have it happen 1 more time before the year is out. Just can’t pull solid champs to use them on lol.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Whether you spend or not, there are limits to Resources. Depending on what stage you're at, those limits will vary. Progress has to come at a pace, otherwise there's no balance. People starting out wouldn't be able to grow fast enough to get in the mix, those in the middle would never catch up to those on top, and those on top would continually grow faster and faster. There's always going to be some limiting Resource.

What is this balance you speak of? Do you ever check the leaderboards? The same alliance has been on top since four years ago when I started playing. Here let me save you the trouble.

q4758ngu36l8.png

Check again next year and the year after that too, it will still look the same.

To be honest... that is not going to be balanced nor is the balance most are asking for. The game will always be slanted to end game players as long as their is an in game purchase model.

They already gain resources via aAW, and if we introduce more open ended sources for T2A, then the gap of the rewards will still be present.

The new bottleneck should be T5B and T5CC. And the time for Alphas being another bottleneck is near an end. It would make for some more interesting wars as people rank up better defenders and also help offensive rosters.

The end game players of master and platinum will always have an edge and more. They have T5B to look at. The time for the next evolution of the game is now. Any increase in T2A should be in frags... however, players should be able to form 1 a month at least. I have finished act 5, and outside of 100% LOL... EQ , AW, AQ (which is random luck outside of Glory) and buying is my only real access to T2A frags at this point.

T1A are also an issue, though not as much as it use to be.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Lowering the cost would make end game players who spent more t2alpha than you and have more r4/5 5* than you want and compensation to balance everything.

If they lower it then everyone should get compensate.

Doesnt matter if u hVe 1 or 10+ r4 5*

They spent/grinded for more t2alpha and lowering it would mean compensation for everyone. Even for struggling players like you or other who have 1 or 2 r4/5 5* would get some t2alpha back

Having 4 r5 5* is alot of t2alpha and if they lower the cost.
    If they do it..Id like my refund for those champions and my other r4 5*’s aswel.

Thus resulting in me and other players ahead of u having more t2alpha to rank up more champs.

Running map 6x5 and being in top 20’aq almost gives me a full T2alpha but runnning cost alot of donations and having high prestige

And lowering the cost of t2alpha will make end game players of players ahead of you on general have more rank ups in the future
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    The example of compensation for lowering cost of t2lpha on rank ups would be refund on mystic dispesrion..

Kabam gave everyone who spent alot and alittle on unlocking mystic dispersrion back the resources they used.

Had friends who invested 1 point and others who incested into getting it 5/5.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I can obtain about 2 t2a per month. Give or take that half. We are gold 1 and top 450 in AQ. Maybe your team should think about running map 6 with 1 group. Most of my glory is spent on t2a frags.

EQ
    Glory
    Map 6 boss kill
    Map 6 crystals

There is a slight shortage but not to the degree the OP said.

Just like t1a alpha they’ll continue to add them in the mix, but there are a lot of ways to obtain more t2a.
  • They just released loads of t2a, it’s called Variant difficulty. It’s a whale milking fiesta but they are there!
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Lowering the cost would make end game players who spent more t2alpha than you and have more r4/5 5* than you want and compensation to balance everything.

If they lower it then everyone should get compensate.

Doesnt matter if u hVe 1 or 10+ r4 5*

They spent/grinded for more t2alpha and lowering it would mean compensation for everyone. Even for struggling players like you or other who have 1 or 2 r4/5 5* would get some t2alpha back

Having 4 r5 5* is alot of t2alpha and if they lower the cost.
    If they do it..Id like my refund for those champions and my other r4 5*’s aswel.

Thus resulting in me and other players ahead of u having more t2alpha to rank up more champs.

Running map 6x5 and being in top 20’aq almost gives me a full T2alpha but runnning cost alot of donations and having high prestige

And lowering the cost of t2alpha will make end game players of players ahead of you on general have more rank ups in the future

They just need to make frags more available to everyone... Players which played to have their current roster shouldn't suffer... And as those players most likely have much higher AW rankings, they will be having more r5 5* and possibly 6* then the "developing players" (coining that term much like developing countries)>
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think they should fix the ridiculous RNG system so I actually have champs to use t2a on...
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    As others have said, there's a relative abundance of t2a in the game, compared to a few months ago. But you gotta run map 6.
  • Jobi_ManJobi_Man Posts: 16
    Well i think the main point is the ramp up of t2a is resulting in a lot of players having 5*r3 that collect dust that otherwise could be upgraded if the cost of the most valuable resource wasnt so high to take them to r4. I think adjusring the r4 rank ip to 1 and r5 to 3 and 6* r2 to 5 isca much more gradual increase that would be healthy to revitalize rank ups into the middle tier players. Seems the t2a problem is mostly affecting us in the middle
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I've said it before, I'll say it again:

100% UC should award a full t2a each month.

As it is, you get 2500 6* shards from 100% UC.
    You get 15600 t2a shards, less than half, from doing BOTH Master and UC.

In 4 months, you get a 6*. This requires nothing beyond iso & gold to get become equivalent to a r4 5*.

In 9 months (9.2, but we'll assume you acquired the '0.2' from other means), you have the required t2a to r4 a 5*. That is on top of the t1a, t4b, and t4cc and the gold required for the rank up. And the iso/gold to level up.

More than twice the time to get a r4 5* that is, at best, on par with the TWO 6* you have received in the meantime.

That is a glaring disparity.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Jobi_Man wrote: »
    Well i think the main point is the ramp up of t2a is resulting in a lot of players having 5*r3 that collect dust that otherwise could be upgraded if the cost of the most valuable resource wasnt so high to take them to r4. I think adjusring the r4 rank ip to 1 and r5 to 3 and 6* r2 to 5 isca much more gradual increase that would be healthy to revitalize rank ups into the middle tier players. Seems the t2a problem is mostly affecting us in the middle

Trust me, it’s a bad idea and you won’t wanna know the refunds top players are gonna get from this change.

Me alone have 3 R5s and 10 R4s.

With your suggestion, each r5 I have will get a 6 t2a refund and each r4 will have 3.

That’ll be 18 + 30 = 38 T2A.

I guess you like facing more Dominos and Korgs on defense.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    Effective wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    OP, how many r4s do you have?

And can you list down the permanent content that you have 100% explored?

5 r4s. 1 r5. 3 6*s.

Haven't 100% Act 5 yet.

There r ppl way worse than you with a whole bunch more waiting to promote so definitely not complain.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    Wouldn't mind a T2A and T5BC dedicated arena, even if for shards only
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I don't see the need for a refund if the cost of t2a to rank champs reduces
    Kabam reducing the cost is more than enough
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

You're ridiculous.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★

5 r4s. 1 r5. 3 6*s.

Haven't 100% Act 5 yet.

So... you still have a5 to do and you’re complaining about content being insufficient?

In my honest opinion, I don’t see any other reason as to why someone would be against this idea, unless they are either 1.) Very Selfish, or 2.)Don’t want more players to challenge them at the top

P.S. I have also seen you on another thread about adding a Median Difficulty for Ultron’s Assault, and your provided some somewhat valid points to that. Therefore I didn’t bother to reply to you. Although some of your argument was rather crude and simple, which slightly ticked me off.

But for this one, I just don’t understand your point. So I had to speak out on it
    It's simple because @Jh_Dez is undermining the efforts that top tier players have put in to acquire the T2A. In a sense, he just wants a shortcut to get his roster stronger faster.

I'm not against that, but the least that can be done (and included in the suggestion) is to compensate those who have already spent their T2As on R4/5s.

This comment just shows little thought was put into his suggestion of reducing rank up costs. It's either that, or he is desperate to close the gap between himself and end game players by giving such a selfish suggestion.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Jobi_Man wrote: »

Trust me, it’s a bad idea and you won’t wanna know the refunds top players are gonna get from this change.

Me alone have 3 R5s and 10 R4s.

With your suggestion, each r5 I have will get a 6 t2a refund and each r4 will have 3.

That’ll be 18 + 30 = 38 T2A.

I guess you like facing more Dominos and Korgs on defense.

Exactly.

5 r4s. 1 r5. 3 6*s.

Haven't 100% Act 5 yet.

So... you still have a5 to do and you’re complaining about content being insufficient?

In my honest opinion, I don’t see any other reason as to why someone would be against this idea, unless they are either 1.) Very Selfish, or 2.)Don’t want more players to challenge them at the top

P.S. I have also seen you on another thread about adding a Median Difficulty for Ultron’s Assault, and your provided some somewhat valid points to that. Therefore I didn’t bother to reply to you. Although some of your argument was rather crude and simple, which slightly ticked me off.

But for this one, I just don’t understand your point. So I had to speak out on it

No. Really. The stages in the game that you are in and where I am is very different.

As much as I'd like to be politically correct and stroke someone elses' ego by agreeing with them, I'd much rather like to be honest and straightforward with my views. And yes, the truth hurts.

Since we are on the topic of UA, having a Medium Difficulty just undermines it being end game content. People are unhappy because they look at the rewards, turn green with envy, and get jealous of people who are in the position to attain those rewards because "people who are ahead of me will advance faster than me and I can't catch up".

Then they comfort themselves by saying, "Well if I can't get the whole pie, at least I have some crumbs." And they get sorely disappointed that there are no crumbs included this time round, unlike the monthly EQ.

That line of thinking is just childish and ridiculous. The logic is as simple as "if it's not meant for you now, it's not meant for you NOW".
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

This is a very limited view.
    It's simple because @Jh_Dez is undermining the efforts that top tier players have put in to acquire the T2A. In a sense, he just wants a shortcut to get his roster stronger faster.

I'm not against that, but the least that can be done (and included in the suggestion) is to compensate those who have already spent their T2As on R4/5s.

This comment just shows little thought was put into his suggestion of reducing rank up costs. It's either that, or he is desperate to close the gap between himself and end game players by giving such a selfish suggestion.

now you're just speculating stupidly
    And cover what gap?
    If the cost of using t2a reduces, its not like its impeding the rate at which you get them. Better yet you'll be able to r4 champs faster than you can as at now. So why's a refund necessary?
    So as always "end game" players will still be at the top
    Or basically now that phc's costs 60 units do you want a refund on all phc you purchased during your time of play?
    Why so insecure tho?
    edited November 2018

And cover what gap?
    If the cost of using t2a reduces, its not like its impeding the rate at which you get them. Better yet you'll be able to r4 champs faster than you can as at now. So why's a refund necessary?
    Or basically now that phc's costs 60 units do you want a refund on all phc you purchased during your time of play?

In that case, should we listen to your advice, we need to even the playing field a little.

Would you be ok if your suggestion of reducing the cost of R3->R4 is reduced to 1 T2A, and the following rewards are reduced
    - All players stashed T2As are divided by 4.
    - Act 4 exploration now rewards 1 T2A instead of 4.
    - LOL Completion rewards 1 T2A instead of 4.
    - LOL Exploration rewards 2 T2A instead of 8.
    (Yeah you should get the flow of where things are going.)

The general idea that you are trying to push is to make T2A more available. I'm perfectly fine with you campaigning for more ways to get T2A but reducing the cost for ranking up champs is just a very very badly thought out suggestion.
    edited November 2018

And cover what gap?

In that case, should we listen to your advice, we need to even the playing field a little.

Would you be ok if your suggestion of reducing the cost of R3->R4 is reduced to 1 T2A, and the following rewards are reduced
    - All players stashed T2As are divided by 4.
    - Act 4 exploration now rewards 1 T2A instead of 4.
    - LOL Completion rewards 1 T2A instead of 4.
    - LOL Exploration rewards 2 T2A instead of 8.
    (Yeah you should get the flow of where things are going.)

I'm perfectly fine with you campaigning for more ways to get T2A. But reducing the cost for ranking up champs is just a very very badly thought out suggestion.

And where did i say the cost should be reduced to 1

And if its poorly thought out,

Then that is a very dumb response.
    Eesh people just come up with stupid speculations just cause their opinions differ
    Pathetic