**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How relevant are 4 stars now?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
edited November 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I have a team of three 5 stars(2/35 and 3/45) and two four stars(4/40)
I just duped wolverine as a four star who is a questing god..but my question is how helpful will he be in Act 5?
And should I max four stars or rank 3 5 stars?
Already completed act 4..

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Depends who the 5* are. Also 4* are very relevant at the level you are.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    Maxed 4* are still useful I feel but it as stated above it depends on the 4*. I'm still using a 5/50 Sentinel, 5/50 Hyperion and a 5/50 Scarlet Witch in Act 5, Chapter 3.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    All depends on where ur at ingame. for end game players 4* arent of much use. For mid game and newer players 4* are still useful
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    As others have said... it depends on the level of play, just starting Act 5... they are still relevant. Only having 3 5* is not a deep enough roster to discard the the need to rely on 4* for AQ, AW and event questing.

R3 5* are about on the same level as a R5 4* (with a slight edge going to the 5*).
  • DGCDGC Posts: 59
    Very. 4* AA was awesome for uncollected this month.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    4* still shines in arenas after using up 5* collection as your 4* collection can be used to kill some times to let the 5* colelction refresh. 5* need 6hours cool down while 4* need 2 hours cool down
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Unless u have say 10 5* at 3/45 or above,4* are going to play a significant role for u..even if u have a significant amount of 5*champs at that level ..there are going to be matchups where u will need Ur 4* champs like especially the so called god tiers to clear the content more easily than u would by using Ur 4*
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Depends.

Currently I’m adding a few levels to duped 4* blade and then I’m bringing up Gulk partially for how abiktiies and partially to burn catalysts. Did recently rank 4* duped Medusa for war offense and 5.4.6

Typically I only rank 4*s as a last resort as a way to burn T4C Catalysts

The biggest difference is some up front gold cost and less low end basics and low end class cats. However challenger rating is 5 points higher for 5* and they have much better armor rating and slightly better stats comparing 5/50 to r3. That armor rating helps parrying and even blocking which is huge and anyone running suicides will notice the attack jump here and there.

I won’t rank up any defenders as 4* anymore but rn I’m sitting on Gulk and Quake as 4* unless I can Dupe Void or maybe try our Sentry or even CAIW, maybe get a 5* Quake or Gulk.

Rn in my cosmic class for example 5* Hyperion, Venom and Angela
    4* Carnage, Proxy, Corv

Hyperion and Venom top the list no question. Angela I wanna replace my 4* in Map5 AQ so that’s a bonus until I can pull her as 6* 🤞.

After them if I don’t pull 5* versions I’m gonna look into Proxy, Corv, Carnage 4*

Basically if I’m overflowing I’ll rank 4* and occasionally if I pull a god tier and that class doesn’t have anyone waiting in my roster they’ll likely have a spot

Until T2A is more common and the bar is pushed to 5* r5 and 6* r2 the issues with 4* haven’t actually made them too much worse aside from lacking a little armor and their “baby phase”