**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu - underrated

Wow - I just pulled my first 3 Star Dormammu. He’s double immune, he can Power Drain with medium attacks, Power Drain and Lock with Special 2, and Regenerate after Special 3 if he’s imbued! How is he not considered to be elite on Offense? I’ve only heard of him being used on Defense. Any tips from experienced Dormammu players are appreciated!

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    He’s not praised because his attack on offense is so low that even at a high level he takes forever to finish fights
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Wow - I just pulled my first 3 Star Dormammu. He’s double immune, he can Power Drain with medium attacks, Power Drain and Lock with Special 2, and Regenerate after Special 3 if he’s imbued! How is he not considered to be elite on Offense? I’ve only heard of him being used on Defense. Any tips from experienced Dormammu players are appreciated!

There are 2 main reasons he's not often listed among the great champs in this game:

1. He's got low block proficiency.

Even if your parry game is on-point, this guy will still take a noticeable chunk of damage in a fight just from blocking. Despite his looks, he's a little squishy in this regard.

2. His damage output is low.

Dormammu has 3 main sources of damage output: Regular Attacks, Soul Leech, and Soul Bond. Regular attacks are self explanatory, but definitely on the lighter side of all champs. Soul Leech (his degen) requires Dorm to be duped. It has a chance to trigger every time an enemy buff expires. As a 5*, this gets to be pretty strong at high levels. The Soul Bond requires you to land a heavy on the enemy. A red icon with a "1" will appear under their health bar. Increase this number by draining the enemy power bar either by ending a combo with a medium, draining their power with your L2, or just having them throw a special. Once it's at 100, land another heavy for a good chunk of direct damage. You'll really need to utilize all of these tools to make him solid as an attacker.

But you're right. He's got double immunity, he's a good defender, and he's arguably the best power controller in the game. He definitely has his uses.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    To be honest, his attack is low. This can be changed by getting soul bond charges. One heavy then bait a special the heavy again and that rips through anyone who crosses him.
  • I’m uncomfortable using him on offence tbh. Just feels weird.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I got a r4 5 star
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Dormammu takes a certain style to use to his full potential. Alternate intercepting with his sp2 and he keeps enemies cornered while minimizing block damage. At 4/55 he can do 200K+ health damage in 3 minutes:

https://youtu.be/-X_xNUktbYU
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I have a 4* at r4. He made easy work of the Hyperion in the UC 1.2 with all that Power Gain.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    If he had high damage on basic attacks, he would be OP.
    Lean on Soul Bond.
    End all combos on Medium.
    Top 10 champ in game.

Seatin loves high damage output, so his God tiers are skewed that direction.