**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

[Android] 21.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 20.0 version of the game only. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    In-Game Name: DareDvlDan
    Device and Model: LG V30
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.0.0
    Description of the Issue: Since updating to 21.0.0 on Wednesday, I have experienced consistent lag in all modes of gameplay. There is a delay between every button press and the on-screen action. In order to parry, I have to preemptively press the block button. If I wait until the opponent takes action it is too late. The same is true for dexterity and evading attacks. Also, during special 1 or 2 attacks - whether by me or the opponent - the animations will hesitate on a particular frame for 0.5 - 1 second making it nearly impossible to dodge certain champions' attacks.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    In game: crogs
    Device: OnePlus 6t
    Android version 9
    Verdion 21.0.0

Cant even log on. Just sits on the splash page with the little Spinning circle. Tried other phones and all is fine. So it's not a problem with my wifi or my T-Mobile service.

Screwed me in AQ today because I couldn't get on to finish until I got home and got to my backup phone. Logged on with 2 minutes to go. Wasn't thinking about losing the hour from moving the clocks back.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    crogs wrote: »
    In game: crogs
    Device: OnePlus 6t
    Android version 9
    Verdion 21.0.0

Cant even log on. Just sits on the splash page with the little Spinning circle. Tried other phones and all is fine. So it's not a problem with my wifi or my T-Mobile service.

Screwed me in AQ today because I couldn't get on to finish until I got home and got to my backup phone. Logged on with 2 minutes to go. Wasn't thinking about losing the hour from moving the clocks back.

2 uninstall and reinstalls later, it's up and running again.

Touch sensitivity kinda sucks though. I practically have to bang on the screen at every post fight splash screen for it to continue. The "press anywhere" doesn't really apply. That issue doesn't happen on any other screen. It has happened from. The first time I played on the phone.
  • bryce7mbryce7m Posts: 84
    Same thing on galaxy tab s2. Crash crash crash all the time!!
  • Did something like this Pic come up before crashing?
  • 17475chft5pu.jpg
    Here's another screenshot Kabam 😊
  • 3f8j7flqlel0.png
  • Siavash_sepSiavash_sep Posts: 14
    In-Game Name: siavash_sep
    Device and Model:motorola xstyle
    Device Operating System: Android 7
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    i have so much lagging in Crystal menus but reall annoying is so much lagging and freezing in fight with aegon no matter in what situation i face him that's a biggest pain i have easy get to him but he kills becuse the lagging .
    i mean come on that's not fair to do such thing
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    Galaxy j7 Android version 6.0 game version, latest, on wifi the loading screen takes too long to finish and the lag is crazy during war ,aq arena controls not respond all the time
  • I've been complaining for 2 months. Unfortunately I've found the answer. I've just bought a new mobile. Everything's fine again. It shouldn't have come to this. Also the contract is going to suck up the cash I used to spend on the game. That's actually kabams problem, from my point of view I'm once more in a position to grind for what I want.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited November 2018
    In game name: BLEEDING_EDGE
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Device OS: Android 7.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Cellular data (Telkom)
    Game version: 21.0.0
    Game mode: Story quests, event quests, alliance war, alliance quest.
    Description: Upon entering game, gameplay continually lags during fights. This causes my champs to be sometimes unresponsive/unsynchronized in relation to the amount of times I tap the screen. The most notable glitch is in the form of my champs initiating heavy attacks even though in reality, I doubled tapped the screen but the lag makes it seem as though it is one long tap I assume and this is costly in high tier matches. Another glitch is in the form of champs either not finishing last blow in 5 hit combo before special attack or being unable to link combo and special attack. This results in AI always being able to block thanks to the window of opportunity presented by milliseconds of lag. This occurs for about 10 fights every time I open game. The longer I stay in the game, the less apparent it seems. That said, it's likely because I adjust my gameplay to try & not tap the screen too quickly.
  • I m using Android. Moto G5Splus. All phone updates installed. I'll be playing and the app will randomly close. Particularly annoying when this happens in alliance war/quest.

I have installed, re-installed the app, updated every possible thing on my phone. I have eliminated any excess apps from my phone and, best I can tell, the only background apps running are the bare minimum. Lots of memory, decent processor.

This has been happening for months. I also tried using my wife's iPhone 8 and experienced this there, though not as much.

I'm moving toward quitting the game at this point.
  • AmazingDeadpoolAmazingDeadpool Posts: 86
    edited November 2018
    In-Game Name: §Ø§
    Device and Model: Samsung (J3 2017)
    Device Operating System: 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (Not sure about Cellular)
    Game Version Installed: 21.0
    Game Mode: All modes even when loading on to home screen.
    Description of the Issue: This problem occur when I log on to mcoc or when it's is running on background. This does not happen when mcoc is not running. The problem is that it force restart (on to off,then back to on automatically) my phone. I ran the factory reset which i thought will fix it but not. Only occurred in 20.0 patch. Never suffered form this in before patches.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Unending loading screens is the thing you need to address first
    You jailed my profile already when i continously reported it

Atleast give some insight that you guys are doing something

Device: Sony Xperia Z2
    Android 6.0.1
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 31
    In game name : Bubu_01, Device : Note 9.. Wow, 2nd fight of AW major fail.. First fight took about 5 seconds to load.. the 2nd fight however sat on the loading screen for over 10 minutes!! Had no choice, but to exit and the cost was the first loss from either alliance. Just plain terrible..and I'm guessing kabam has no way of reversing this. How do I send a ticket anyways? I have videos of loading screen if that does anything.. perfect wifi
  • D14rock wrote: »
    In game name : Bubu_01, Device : Note 9.. Wow, 2nd fight of AW major fail.. First fight took about 5 seconds to load.. the 2nd fight however sat on the loading screen for over 10 minutes!! Had no choice, but to exit and the cost was the first loss from either alliance. Just plain terrible..and I'm guessing kabam has no way of reversing this. How do I send a ticket anyways? I have videos of loading screen if that does anything.. perfect wifi
    Even if you have a 1 year old phone it can't handle this game. Before you know it it will be on computer.
  • BUXBUX Posts: 3
    x89b5zogl6eb.png
    In game name : Renegade69
    Device : Redmi Note 5A Prime
    Network : TelkomSa
    Mobile data usage
    I lose connection constantly in all
    game modes especially in AW ,AQ,
    and arena I'm almost done winning a fight then lost connection log back in I lost the fight in war I lose more than half my champs health and my opponent back to full health thus have to use units to buy health and continue in arena I lose my multiplier eventually quitting for a few hours that if it didn't happen I'd be grinding I lose out alot. Also sometimes fights superslow other times I'm playing at hyperspeed , or characters appear abnormally large please fix
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Unending loading screens is the thing you need to address first
    You jailed my profile already when i continously reported it

Atleast give some insight that you guys are doing something

Device: Sony Xperia Z2
    Android 6.0.1

38sdydvov6ir.png
  • Xam0dudeXam0dude Posts: 16
    IGN: Crypt ツ
    Device: LG X POWER 3
    Android 8.0.1
    Game Version: 21.0.0
    Issue: Whenever I click on a story quest, my phone flashes and then lags a bit before loading. It's getting quite annoying.
    Please fix it
  • In-Game Name: -Arminius-
    Device and Model: HTC One m9
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: First of all, credit where credit is due: THANKS for improving the loading time in arena, especially the reaction time when requesting help. GREAT JOB!

Since the new patch there are micro-laggs and fps drops while infight (any mode!). most times this occurs, when the enemy dashes at you, activates an sp or sometimes just during the sp, which sometimes results in early droping the block, so you get hit although you are blocking. i also encountert this problem while the enemy is charging a heavy attack -> lag -> noch chance to evade and even while your in a combo, which ends your combo and opens a gap for the ai to attack you. this shouldn't happen!

in aq/aw: at the begining of a fight the game often does not respond to any input other than dashing back. that results in getting a 5hit combo right away if you try to block or parry. please investigate!

in all modes: the enemy-hit-recovery seems to be buggy. sometimes the ai recovers after a m-l-l-l-m before your hit animation is done. same to sp's some animations. this makes some of the new monthly content nearly not playable.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • MidnightblankMidnightblank Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    In-Game Name: midnightblank
    Device and Model: Huawei p9
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0.0
    Description of the Issue: can't open the game

bor8blqi016h.png
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Android Version - 8.1.0
    Miui - 9.5.14.0
    Issue - Unresponsive controls like light medium attacks and dash backs. For every 10 swipes/taps the game refuses to register at least 2. Stopping mid combo, no response to Parry/dash back are getting common across all game modes. No such issue existed prior to this update. It's been 15 days since the issue is happening.
  • The_JiantThe_Jiant Posts: 4
    The_Jiant
    Samsung Galaxy s9+
    Android 8.0.0
    Both
    All modes
    Massive connection lag and dropping in all modes, regardless of my own signal. Especially bad for alliance modes.
  • In-Game Name: Farseer123456789
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Description of the Issue:
    When I swipe back my champions block instead of dash back. This happens quite a bit in harder content ie map5 AQ, uncollected mode, rounds 10-15 in arena. I clean my screen and it is not scratched or anything like that. I noticed this issue before the latest update.
  • In-game name: PoweRGlideR

5wr1llw0opg6.png

Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Version: 21.0
    Game mode: All except arena

Description: Long loading time which affects every aspect of the game which is basically timed in every content but the worst part is the dungeons which has a very short time and with 3m+ loading time you most likely can't have a successful run which is part of the low participation in dungeon unlike the very first one when everything was fine back then. This issue has been here since 19.0 if I'm not mistaken but hasn't been addressed not to mention the other slow loading when you enter the crystals section

Kabam you guys did a good job with the arena load time and that's the only thing enjoyable now but just fix this pressing issue for the sake of the community
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Version: 21.0
    Game mode: All
    Device - Redi Note 5 Pro
    Android 8.1.0
    Miui - 9.5.14.0

Issue - Champions not moving when swiping and tapping. The controls stop working every now and then. Sometime at the start of the fight some time during middle. Cleaning app data/reinstalling helps sometimes but the issue comes back with in next few hours.

This discussion has been closed.