**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who was your noob self’s hardest enemy?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I feel like not many champs are very hard anymore if you know who you are facing and have a decent sized roster, but as noobs, when skill and roster eluded us, we probably had a certain champ we absolutely sucked against.

For my oldest self, I could never get HB down ever without a revive or two. I always pushed him to his L2 and got major block damage, and his armor to my 3* Colossus and unduped DS made him like RoL is for me now. Not to mention the regen he got that made him unkillable for me in arenas.

For my newer noob self, Hyperion was a pain in every fight. I consistently lost my team to him since I didn’t know to bait before he reached two bars in case he feels passive.

Who was/were your noob stumbling blocks?

Comments

• sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Magneto and I still panic when I come up against him randomly in war
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Basically every opponent since I completely avoided the basic concept of evade.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @TwmR I’m talking pre willpower nerf. Any debuffs regened him right back to full.
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Venom in Blood and Venom: Vengeance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Thanos. Back in the day, before I knew about Masteries, I had to use a 3* UC to beat him.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Moonknight and Unstoppable Colossus are still a pain for me.

The projectiles for MK move at different speeds and I always get hit when I try to evade. My ability to parry/evade against UC is always off.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Spidey anyone?? I still hate that f***er

Spidey, Miles, NC, anyone with that unholy Evade. Lol.
    Remember the first time encountering the 1* Sym in Act 4?
  • HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    Awakened IMIW...
    He's an A-Hole and I hate him and apparently he hates me too.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Magneto, and still magneto
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Doc Ock
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    for me it was juggs and rhino, my noob self hated them.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Venom on an unblockable sp2 node in AW. My noob self couldn't evade well
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    NightCrawler
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    I learned how to play against evade champs pretty fast... but Agent Venom and that parry shrug off killed me more then I would like to remember.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Everyone was a threat
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Hyperion and Nightcrawler.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    hyperion all the baiting in the world wont keep him from saving for that sp3, i gotta use power control champs against him
  • VincisankyVincisanky Posts: 33
    Namelez wrote: »
    NightCrawler

That guy is **** hard at times
  • VincisankyVincisanky Posts: 33
    I used to find Venom hard first but not now as I learned that you have to block more and attack on opportunity. I find Nightcrawler very very annoying! On the other sometimes phoenix because there are matches when she gains level 3 and God !.. that super almost takes out your entire life !
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Ultron as the main boss in AQ before he got reworked. He was a punk.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Vincisanky wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    NightCrawler

That guy is **** hard at times

We're still talking about fighting him, right?
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Hulk.

For no reason at all he kept wrecking me in things like AQ. This was before his updated SP1 as well : /
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Wolverine in 1.4.3...I only had 1 2*, rest 1*, highest champ had like 240 pi. No masteries, no heal blockers, and I didn't know SW could nullify. Had solde the 1* to level up my 2* Hawkeye.

That 2* Juggernaut in Act 2.1.5...I didn't know what Unstoppable was...