**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Well played Kabam! Act 4 seems like it's the game's best cash-grab.

Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
Just to provide context, I am currently at level 52, having completed up to Act 4.3 (hoping to complete full Act 4 by next week) and I have fully explored 4.1.

Difficuly is certainly not a problem with completing / exploring Act 4. For completing 4.4 I will use my A-team (now that War season is over) and I have been exploring with a mix team of 4* 3/30 & 4/40, without using any revives / potions / boosts (just the way I like it!). But, by exploring through Act 4 you have to face the following:

1) the extremely long routes. Some of them need 2 refills of energy to complete. Needless to say, that you will not only use all and any energy refills you have, but you will blow all your units to buy new ones.

2) The bonus side is that you get massive experience points, that lead you naturally to level up in game progression. Especially if you use experience boosts, the progress is sky-rocketting. Great thing, right? Yeah it is, and for each level up you get of course precious Mastery points. Hold that thought.

3) By fully exploring each Chapter of the 4, you also get additional Mastery points. Yeah! Now, of course since you do own these great Mastery points, you will want to invest them in the "good stuff" provided that you have your basics covered. So the "good stuff" being here Deep Wounds, Assasin, Recovery etc. Each level to unlock in these nice Masteries require (550 + 2x135) 820 units! 820 units for each level! The 5 levels of Deep Wounds for reference require 4,100 units just to unlock them all!

5) So, ultimatelly you WILL find yourself short of units, no matter if you play all the other parts of the game daily as I do (Arena, Alliance events, monthly EQ, you name it). And that will be short of LOTS of units.

So, the options here are that either you will take your time and do the exploration in months, having in the meantime un-invested Mastery points since you cannot unlcock them immediately (what a waste that is, right...?) or you WILL eventually be forced to buy units with actual cash.

Let me clear that this is NOT a complain post. I do realise and appreciate that Kabam is (naturally) in this to make money. And money they make. Nothing wrong with that. I am just pointing out the brilliant design of this game. That's all.

Thanks for reading this far. Feel free to discuss and / or offer any ideas.

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    If you do a path or 2 a day, you'll be done in no time
    Or wait and see if they lower energy cost for their anniversary
    They usually do so during appreciation week if i recall
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    Just to provide context, I am currently at level 52, having completed up to Act 4.3 (hoping to complete full Act 4 by next week) and I have fully explored 4.1.

Difficuly is certainly not a problem with completing / exploring Act 4. For completing 4.4 I will use my A-team (now that War season is over) and I have been exploring with a mix team of 4* 3/30 & 4/40, without using any revives / potions / boosts (just the way I like it!). But, by exploring through Act 4 you have to face the following:

1) the extremely long routes. Some of them need 2 refills of energy to complete. Needless to say, that you will not only use all and any energy refills you have, but you will blow all your units to buy new ones.

2) The bonus side is that you get massive experience points, that lead you naturally to level up in game progression. Especially if you use experience boosts, the progress is sky-rocketting. Great thing, right? Yeah it is, and for each level up you get of course precious Mastery points. Hold that thought.

3) By fully exploring each Chapter of the 4, you also get additional Mastery points. Yeah! Now, of course since you do own these great Mastery points, you will want to invest them in the "good stuff" provided that you have your basics covered. So the "good stuff" being here Deep Wounds, Assasin, Recovery etc. Each level to unlock in these nice Masteries require (550 + 2x135) 820 units! 820 units for each level! The 5 levels of Deep Wounds for reference require 4,100 units just to unlock them all!

5) So, ultimatelly you WILL find yourself short of units, no matter if you play all the other parts of the game daily as I do (Arena, Alliance events, monthly EQ, you name it). And that will be short of LOTS of units.

So, the options here are that either you will take your time and do the exploration in months, having in the meantime un-invested Mastery points since you cannot unlcock them immediately (what a waste that is, right...?) or you WILL eventually be forced to buy units with actual cash.

Let me clear that this is NOT a complain post. I do realise and appreciate that Kabam is (naturally) in this to make money. And money they make. Nothing wrong with that. I am just pointing out the brilliant design of this game. That's all.

Thanks for reading this far. Feel free to discuss and / or offer any ideas.

valid points and yes the paths are long but unlike eq this is permanent content your investment to complete is I think more worth while than eq that comes and goes in a month. I'm on my second account and I'm currently on 4.3.2 I have been completing 100%. I have used a few units and revives but I'm waiting for reduced energy cost it made it much easier on my main account 2 per tile but save up your resources and units do a path not so bad if you keep chipping away.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    So you are saying act 4 rewards are great so you are impatient to get them and hence use cash to get them? and that is somehow Kabam's "cash grab" design ...

No, I am saying that the whole desing of Act 4 is to force players to spend money for units. You will be forced to do so, in order to have the progress gained by completing Act 4.

Not at all. All these games are either progress for free at a certain rate, or spend an progress faster. You must be new to games then ?
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    I finished exploring act 4 thanks to the help of Summoner Appreciation Week which reduces the energy tiles in act 4 from 3 to 2 and i pretty much explored chapter 3 and 4, so my advice is to unlock the essential masteries and complete act 4 before thinking about exploration.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    You do not need to spend units on Energy refills. You actually have it easier now than previous people with the new milestone rewards for alliance events which give you full energy refills every 3 days.

Go through Act 4 once and leave it. Move onto Act 5.

Unlocking Masteries are expensive but thats the way it is. Get the essentials and work towards unlocking the others. this game is also about strategy and really thinking about your next decision.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    try 5.3 :))
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the insightful post @Mirage_Turtle , much appreciated. I understand all these difficulties which existed for the older players, even though I have not experienced them. That's why I stated on my initial post that this is not a complain of any sorts and certainly NOT a complain on the difficulty of the Act, since I am having no problems with it.

All I was stating is that the energy requirements, especially combined with the experience points and the mastery points awarded (and their very high cost to unlock) ultimatelly lead players to spend cash on the game. Unless of course they choose the road of the (very) slow progression in it.... Which is again, respected by me.

As I said Kabam is in it for the money and they should be. And they have designed, on all aspects, a great game. That was actually the jist of what I was trying to say.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Thanks for the insightful post @Mirage_Turtle , much appreciated. I understand all these difficulties which existed for the older players, even though I have not experienced them. That's why I stated on my initial post that this is not a complain of any sorts and certainly NOT a complain on the difficulty of the Act, since I am having no problems with it.

All I was stating is that the energy requirements, especially combined with the experience points and the mastery points awarded (and their very high cost to unlock) ultimatelly lead players to spend cash on the game. Unless of course they choose the road of the (very) slow progression in it.... Which is again, respected by me.

As I said Kabam is in it for the money and they should be. And they have designed, on all aspects, a great game. That was actually the jist of what I was trying to say.

I played through Act 4 when it was released. I eventually started a new account from scratch and thus went through it again. Act 4 was agonizing. Due to my previous experience, the difficulty was easy even though my roster wasn't huge. But it cost a LOT of energy refills and took a LONG time. I think I binged something on Netflix for most of it. So I get where you're coming from.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that Act 4 seems to be an old design style. I think Kabam's logic back then was that super-long routes was the way to pad game time. Act 5 is much different. The routes are shorter and the nodes are harder. It's more engaging this way.

So push through. The rewards at that stage are worth it. I found Act 5 far more enjoyable and I hope you do too.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    So you are saying act 4 rewards are great so you are impatient to get them and hence use cash to get them? and that is somehow Kabam's "cash grab" design ...

No, I am saying that the whole desing of Act 4 is to force players to spend money for units. You will be forced to do so, in order to have the progress gained by completing Act 4.

So you know that you can earn units from lower difficulties in the EQ's right? Use those to buy energy refills. You can a free energy refill from the alliance events as well. You can grind BC from arena and get units from there.

Sounds like you just want to call it a cash grab as click bait. If you aren't taking advantage of the other ways to get units, you cant come here and complain.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

So you know that you can earn units from lower difficulties in the EQ's right? Use those to buy energy refills. You can a free energy refill from the alliance events as well. You can grind BC from arena and get units from there.

Sounds like you just want to call it a cash grab as click bait. If you aren't taking advantage of the other ways to get units, you cant come here and complain.

As I mentioned in my OP, I do ALL those things as well. Thanks for your time.

No you don't. No where in your OP do you mention you are doing other things to earn units. Besides, tons of people out there have completed it without buying units. Just because you cant complete it in the time frame you want, doesn't make it a cash grab.

See again above point 5. Please and thank you.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    What a coincidence i completed act 4 100% a few hours ago so i understand what op is trying to say. I am an uncollected player lvl 60 so all i can say is this act 4 is one of the worst content ever created in terms of energy usage. Highly unnecessary long path that requires 2-3 energy refills is not at all cool. This act 4 felt like the cheap master quest we play ever month in terms of creating boring unnecessary energy eating paths
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Loooots of free to play players have explored act 4 100%., With how easy it is for mid game players to get champions nowadays you don't even have to rush to explore act 4 in order to progress
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    You guys didn't actually read what I wrote, right...?

Oh, they read it. Have a look at Road To The Labyrinth. When you're done with that, have a look at LOL. You seem to think that you can fly through this content like binge-watching 10 seasons of Friends on netflix in an afternoon. You look around and see accounts YEARS in the making and think I SHOULD BE THERE AFTER A MONTH WHY KABAM WHY IT'S A CASH GRAB TELL THE PEOPLE. There certainly are cash grabs, but act 4 certainly is not. Think of it as a mine, where once in a while you go back and dig for isos or gold when you need some, or have finished all the other event content and have time to kill.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

No you don't. No where in your OP do you mention you are doing other things to earn units. Besides, tons of people out there have completed it without buying units. Just because you cant complete it in the time frame you want, doesn't make it a cash grab.

I see it now. I missed that but even still, you can 300+ units from beginner and Normal. That's 10 refills. Act 4 isnt meant to be done in a day and theres no reason to push hard to get through it. You want cash grab? Wait till the Collector or 5.6 Ultron boss. Also, all of act 5 is 3 per step. You really have nothing to complain about.
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    I got you OP. I see your points and I understand, it is a "cash grab" for people who are impatient. Not so much on the needing units to buy energy refills, because I for one did the second half of Act 4 during appreciation week when it was 2 energy costs. What I do see it to be a "cash grab" would be once you have all those mastery points, you need the mastery cores. They can get expensive if you were like me and did not do your research on what masteries you need to actually make your life a bit easier in the game. Fortunately, I just did arenas and saved for the 5K+ units needed to get the proper masteries.

Everyone else, I understand that this isn't the "biggest" cash grab but in a way for certain people who are impatient, yes it could make Kabam a good amount of money. Only cause you weren't easy enough to fall for it, doesn't mean the OP doesn't have some sort of point. So much hostility.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    You’re gonna make the same post when you finish act 5.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★

I see it now. I missed that but even still, you can 300+ units from beginner and Normal. That's 10 refills. Act 4 isnt meant to be done in a day and theres no reason to push hard to get through it. You want cash grab? Wait till the Collector or 5.6 Ultron boss. Also, all of act 5 is 3 per step. You really have nothing to complain about.

That Ultron boss was annoying. Used a 3/30 Loki to beat him. Took me so long and so many units to get everything right and beat him the first time. After that though it became easier each time. Still have to complete Chapter 3 100% though. I hate that chapter.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

Just because you don't agree that it's anything to complain about doesn't make him wrong. There's so much hostility in this Forum. :smile: Players have totally different experiences, let them vent their views on what they find frustrating without making it an argument. Or even worse, compare what they are complaining about with something you think is more worthy of complaining about.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Im doing Act 4 right now. I am hoping to complete it threw and then go back and 100% it. Then I will 100% Act 3 and maybe 2. I have high school so I want to try and do a path a day. Some in the morning and the rest after school. It will take a lot of time to 100% it if I don't refill my energy. But its all worth it. I want to improve at the game so that I can make harder quests seem easier. I want to finish chapter 4 of RTTL, I want to beat ROL, and I want to 100% Master and/or Epic difficulty. But I feel like Heroic gives you better rewards than master, and its easier. Oh well.