**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance war season crystals

Now that another war season has come to an end, I believe it is time to start talking about the Aliance War season crystals. Particualry around the issue of the RNG involved. Right now I believe the RNG in these crystals is absolutely atttrotious. This war my alliance finished in platinum 3, and we received 5 war season crystals. While the t5 basic remained constant l, the t2 alpha varied significantly to a point where I would argue is completely unfair. The amount of t2 alpha one member of the alliance received was 69,000 from the 5 crystals.

Another member of my alliance received 6000 shards from 5 crystals. Needless to say he feels so discouraged by the result he is thinking of quitting the game.

My issue here is in what reality is this considered fair? 2 members of the same alliance, put in the same amount of effort (although some are backup and have an easier time at war), only to receive such an extreme degree of variation in their season rewards. In my opinion this feels a completely broken system and should be addressed before the end of the next alliance war season.

As for my experience this war. I received 15,500 t2 alpha shards on my main platinum 3 account, which is around what most of the other people in the alliance have gotten.
On my free to play account I finished in gold 2, with 2 crystals and got 23,000 t2 alpha shards from them.

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Its all rng

Its not fair but it is what it is, we just all want to be lucky.

My main last 2 seasons
    33k with 6 crystals masters
    18k with 6 crystals masters

Then Seen someone pull 40k with 2..and hes in gold 2

Seen people pull corvus as first 6* and im at 10 without 6* corvus.

Gladly trade all 10 of them for a 6* corvus. As i have no reason to r2 any of my current 6*

Not sure if thats even fair, as i compete in top and most stressful aw’s for the best rewards.

Just to have a chance at getting more and better 5/6* pulls.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    wdtdap3knntw.jpeg

Alliance mate pulled this, the range is quite high
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Its all rng

My main last 2 seasons

Gladly trade all 10 of them for a 6* corvus. As i have no reason to r2 any of my current 6*

Not sure if thats even fair, as i compete in top and most stressful aw’s for the best rewards.

The difference between champ crystals and season rewards is, generally champ crystals are obtained by something you yourself did, be it completing EQ, variant quests, etc...., while war season rewards are gathered as an alliance like AQ. That's the problem with them relying on rng. The disparity between two people putting in the same or highly different amounts of effort, can be far too large
    I don't mind the aspect of rng all together just that the difference can be so vast. I think either the high side of the crystal needs to come down and the amount of crystals awarded raised, or the bottom side of the crystals be raised significantly
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I pulled 5k t2a and 3k t5b from 3 crystals... I'll take it as they are free for me, but this amount is really really low for the effort. It's ridiculous when some people pull 2 full t2a and other pull 1/12 of a t2a.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Its all rng

My main last 2 seasons

The difference between champ crystals and season rewards is, generally champ crystals are obtained by something you yourself did, be it completing EQ, variant quests, etc...., while war season rewards are gathered as an alliance like AQ. That's the problem with them relying on rng. The disparity between two people putting in the same or highly different amounts of effort, can be far too large

Did u not see how i said i pulled
    18k t2appha out of 6 war crystals?

Thats insanely
    Low amount of t2alpha for being in masters alliance.

The anount of work,skill needed to compete in those tier 1 wars is something alot of players cant compete in. And only reserve for top 20 alliance

Then seeing people with 2/3/4 war crystals get more t2alpha is something to be question.

+ the amount of work to get 6* shards and not get any good pulls, is more disapointing.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    Ther need to put the minut op to alest 5k tier2 aplha 1 i just Not good enuget. Im Got 4k tier2 aplha a 3k tier5b with Not is good enuget. Ther need to bum the rewards to alest be 5k efte se somone pull 2 tier2 aplha in just 3 cystal is isanes stupid
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Its all rng

My main last 2 seasons

+ the amount of work to get 6* shards and not get any good pulls, is more disapointing.

This is the most disappointing thing in the game currently... I'm nowhere near the top and don't have 10 6* champs, but the 4 I do have suck! DPX, IF, Beast and YJ... None of which are any use to me, opening 6* crystals is frankly just depressing, there's nothing about it that's fun.
    Its all rng

My main last 2 seasons

Did u not see how i said i pulled
    18k t2appha out of 6 war crystals?

Thats insanely
    Low amount of t2alpha for being in masters alliance.

The anount of work,skill needed to compete in those tier 1 wars is something alot of players cant compete in. And only reserve for top 20 alliance

Then seeing people with 2/3/4 war crystals get more t2alpha is something to be question.

Of course I did. You basically said it's rng. It is what it is earlier. I was just commenting on the fact that since it's an alliance earned reward as opposed to solo reward, the disparity between what members get needs to be reduced greatly
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    wdtdap3knntw.jpeg

Alliance mate pulled this, the range is quite high

i think the rng on lower tiers are higher, wanting to give smaller players a chance at catching up to the rest who are at higher tiers. not fair for the high tier players. if i sum up all the resources i spent in this season alone, the end rewards dont measure up... these crystals need to be revamp.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    I agree op
    A person taking path5 has to use so much boosts and 1 in backup has to do almost nothing but just back up the person who died. Also people in some easy lanes vs one who's on lane5 particularly. And to the surprise that path5 1 gets bare minimum from war crystal (G1 rewards 3k t2a and 3kt5b) and the backup one gets 28k t2a and 3k t5b that is just ridiculous. The season rewards should be fixed for every member. Atleast please don't allow rng to dominate such an intense part of the competition. That is really discouraging kabam!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    heciemzyxzp0.jpeg

Alliance mate pulled this.

I got 6k t2a shards...I have received literally the lowest amount of t2a shards every war. I most definitely haven’t gotten over 10k in my war crystals. Even from season 1 when I got 6 of them.

I have 110 MVP’s from tier 3/4 wars. I know mvp’s are based off a few different aspects. But I always clear my lane. Always first to the boss and will take the boss. Ride out whatever lane officers tell me to take. But some people get 1+ t2a from the same amount of crystals as I got, but I’m left with 6k t2a shards.

It’s demoralizing.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Agree with everything on this thread. I have also received bottom of the barrel rewards for every season. I'm taking a break from my alliance and AW. It's just not worth the effort and stress. I will just sell t4b I gather over a month and not be far off the 3k t5b I get from war crystals.
  • 3k t2a and 3k t5b from 3 crystals for me. I believe that is in fact the absolute minimum you can get from that amount of crystals. I usually accept the RNG, sometimes its in your favor other times not so much. But seeing people get 70,000 more fragments from the same number of crystals takes the biscuit.

So excited to grind another month for the chance at getting less than 1/10th of a t2a again.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Again I want to stress RNG on everything else is fine but alliance rewards with equal efforts by all member should never be based on RNG this is unacceptable. A simple analogy is if someone buy lottery and got lucky that's good for him/her but if you contributed to a group lottery with others and got lucky the one who contribute more should never get less rewards than the ones who contribute less. 100% agree with OP here. RNG for alliance rewards is so stupid.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    The bottom range is too low, way too low. 4 seasons in, and I have earned 31k t2a frags, total. Last season, at least 4 people in my alliance earned more than that from the 3 crystals of that season alone, and many others got 15k+ as well. It really makes War feel more like a grind when the rewards are so disparate.
    Just tighten the bottom end, and it will really help. Sure, some will still have awesome luck, but it doesn’t feel as bad when someone kicks into 2-3x what you did, rather than when they get 10x+.