**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Once again Kabam uses a dirty move

TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
Magik and Iceman should have sig lvl 20 and not 200 in the Champion’s Clash, if Kabam followed their own statements.

Comments

• Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    They have level 100 if I remember correctly
  • Options
    KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    And what about a stun immune hyperion with 50% power gain that won't throw anything but sp3 unless your luck is on par with Domino...
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Karnage wrote: »
    And what about a stun immune hyperion with 50% power gain that won't throw anything but sp3 unless your luck is on par with Domino...

I used Void to take down all 6 Hyperions in the final map. No items necessary. Hyperion in other game modes can be stingy, but I found this challenge version to be very free with his specials. You've got to get in close and drop your block to bait them out.

• Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited November 2018
    I know how to bait, I've been playing for 2 years, I know how to play, I know which champs counter which, but what can you do when all he does is dodge back till he has sp3, maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but in 30+ tries, I've managed to one shot him twice, and I don't struggle with hyperion in any other game mode. He reacts instantly if you attempt a heavy attack, but trying to get an sp1 or 2 out of him in the limited time you get is just ridiculous. I was watching lagacy's stream and even his starky taunt wouldn't get him to throw them half the time

I agree, I've cleared Hyperion but he does seem more passive in the quest. Only once was I able to make him throw specials consistently. And why would they add 50% gain to a champ that already gains power at ridiculous speed.

Definitely there are counters but just makes it impossible if he doesn't throw the special.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I know how to bait, I've been playing for 2 years, I know how to play, I know which champs counter which, but what can you do when all he does is dodge back till he has sp3, maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but in 30+ tries, I've managed to one shot him twice, and I don't struggle with hyperion in any other game mode. He reacts instantly if you attempt a heavy attack, but trying to get an sp1 or 2 out of him in the limited time you get is just ridiculous. I was watching lagacy's stream and even his starky taunt wouldn't get him to throw them half the time

I had zero problems baiting Hype in any of the fights. Just my experience.

I’m curious though. Why would you EVER attempt a heavy against a stun immune Hype? That makes zero sense. My intention is not to offend, but that makes me question your baiting ability.
  • Options
    KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    I normally wouldn't use heavies at all against a stun immune, but when all they do is block and dodge back, you have to try something right. I thought with him playing so passively I might be able to sneak some in but the instant you start to charge he slaps you, literally as soon as your finger hits the screen.
    And there's a very simple reason I don't use scarlet with, I don't have one...
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I think he did catch me with a sp3 once actually.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    edited November 2018
    They have level 100 if I remember correctly

You don’t remember correctly then
  • Options
    I know how to bait, I've been playing for 2 years, I know how to play

People keep saying this, as if baiting and parrying and intercepting are binary skills: either you know how to do it or you don't. That's not true. You might know how to bait, but how good of a special baiter are you? How long can you expose yourself outside of block before you either duck back in or get hit in the face? How fast are your reactions to specials being thrown? Baiting specials is something that is easier against some champions and harder against others. Some have a narrower window to make it work. Maybe you are good at baiting, but not the best, and this particular content requires a higher skill level at that technique.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    TKal wrote: »
    Magik and Iceman should have sig lvl 20 and not 200 in the Champion’s Clash, if Kabam followed their own statements.

Well yes and no. It's true that they have kept the sigs low in general content.

But this is a challenge. And super challenges are supposed to be super difficult. They have also introduced counters to that damage. Many champs shut down Magik.

For Iceman, we have IMIW, ST, Mephisto, Ghost as hard counters. Then there are regen champs like Rogue, GR, OR. OG IM and Superior IM and Ultron could also do it.

IMIW works well also. SP1 a couple seconds before limbo ends will take out more health
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    As I was cycling through champs to throw at Hype, I don't have any of the classic counters to him, but I do have a 4* duped Gwenpool. You can survive a couple of L3's to get enervate stuck on him to control power. You just can't launch specials at all until you have the L2 loaded up.

This is a bandage for dumping credits into the giant hole in your phone if you don't have the right champs in your line up.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

People keep saying this, as if baiting and parrying and intercepting are binary skills: either you know how to do it or you don't. That's not true. You might know how to bait, but how good of a special baiter are you? How long can you expose yourself outside of block before you either duck back in or get hit in the face? How fast are your reactions to specials being thrown? Baiting specials is something that is easier against some champions and harder against others. Some have a narrower window to make it work. Maybe you are good at baiting, but not the best, and this particular content requires a higher skill level at that technique.

I'm not going to miss my opportunity to say I'm a master baiter. :D
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

#word

(What he's implying is.. OP you might not be as good as a baiter as you think you are. LOL)

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Ikr. lol

The truth hurts.
  • Options
    AR48AR48 Posts: 15
    Duped Luke cage also works well for countering Hyperion...Exhaustion debuffs reverses power gain and indestructible just in case Hyperion gets to SP3.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited November 2018
    As others have said, a Void works. I did it with a duped Void and i am about to try on my other account with an unduped one. Pretty much the same fight but a little more risky. Modok is another interesting choice as you can reverse his power gain during the duration of his sp1.

Keep practicing though mate! Hyperion is a bit of a pin but try keeping him around the sp1 level so you get more openings.