**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Players should be very concerned going forward

CableCable Member Posts: 309 ★★
After the game team initiated BANS for players due to hacking and account sharing yesterday it begs a bigger question as to what has the game team been doing all year?

The fact that it took a video by a youtuber to highlight quite frankly what a unacceptable job the game team has been doing to prevent hacking really makes many players wonder if the game team has the right leadership in place to ensure that the integrity of the game will stay intact going forward. Also the players that were banned seemed to be mostly ones that either hacked using a mod or account shared in the arenas, however most of the LOL finishers in many alliances who had other alliance members complete it for them and didn’t get banned shows that as much as we have heard that each account that completed LOL is reviewed from the moderators is an obvious… I don’t want to say lie but for this post purposes we will assume that the moderator who claimed this misspoke.

Plus it seems that most major decisions which are made by the game team whenever there is a problem is strictly reactionary rather than proactive. Most major businesses incorporate prospective Courses of Action (COA’s) when implemented any type change however it seems that the MCOC game team leadership doesn’t utilize this concept as evidenced by the recent problems with D. Bautista quest, Version 12 in March and now with the banning of hundreds of players. Some of the players which were banned needed to be due to hacking and arena however those that were banned due to someone helping them in AQ when they weren’t available is in my personal opinion uncalled for. Does it violate TOS yes however due to the game teams 1 HOUR timer and 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTE timer in AQ/AW it does put a strain on a players personal obligations. Why the game team insist on keeping these timers and not going to a 30 min energy timer is beyond me. My belief is that if a player logs into the game more they will spend more which quite frankly is idiotic. So in part players who were banned due to AQ/AW account sharing is partially Kabam’s fault due to they didn’t listen to the overwhelming consensus to change the timers to 30 minutes. Yes a small handful of players did say they liked the 1 hour timers however the overwhelming majority wants 30 minutes to help with personal life obligations.

I for one am very worried about the health of the game going forward and quite concerned. The game team will again fall off again and not try to prevent hackers and arena account sharers just as they have done in the past. One of the reasons there is literally ZERO competition in AQ and AW is the game teams laziness in verifying that LOL finishers where in fact legitimate. In fact there is just about ZERO competition in the game right now as far as I am concerned as it’s all about $$$$ and who has the most time on their hands. I hope I am wrong and the game flourishes but based on yesterday I am more worried that this game is not going in the right direction and a leadership within the game team needs to take place.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,963 ★★★★★
    There are still a lot of bans to be given. They must have maded a pause yesterday.
    Account sharers are still playing normammly
  • YodieYodie Member Posts: 67
    The didn't ban regular acct sharing they banned ppl who acct share and the other person that played for them had the mod or they used the mod themselves and are just trying to play it off as they got banned for just account sharing
  • DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
    The bans were almost entirely related to people who have used mods or were tied to people who used mods through account sharing. None of the bans were likely tied to JUST account sharing. If that were the case the bans would have been much more sweeping. If you're in a high tier and high spending alliance you likely have nothing to worry about. Kabam is after those who have cost them money, not those who keep dropping dimes all the time.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,963 ★★★★★
    Because account sharers are not being ban ... Kabam needs to put and end to it
    Kabaam game would fail without ppl account sharing
    When u get to a high tier alliance u will understand
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The premise that a video on YouTube spurred Kabam into action and a few days later they banned thousands of players is ludicrous. It takes time to flag, indentify and verify cheaters. This was weeks if not months in the making not days.

What supporting evidence do you have that people who completed LoL shared to an extent that was detectable or even that they shared in the first place? This is an unproven assertion at best, hardly grounds for the argument.

Yeah it's reactionary, this isn't Minority Report where Kabam knows in advance. Cheaters always have the edge because they make the first move and Kabam is left to move afterwards.

The rest reads like a concern troll pushing an unrelated agenda with AQ timers.

@LocoMotives It's troll logic.

con·cern troll
    nouninformalderogatory
    a person who disingenuously expresses concern about an issue with the intention of undermining or derailing genuine discussion.
  • Minion_of_DoomMinion_of_Doom Member Posts: 110
    If the video had anything to do with it then it was a very small part. Let's operate under the assumption that Kabam is not a small company. They have smart programmers, all game companies do. You do not get to be a top app in the app store if you don't have very smart people working and designing your games. I imagine that they have a way of tracking all information that occurs on their servers...times for fights, champions used for fights, potions and items used for fights. Operating under that assumption I also imagine that once the number of people achieving something "impossible" was reached they sprung a plan into action and pushed the ban wave. That's why I find it very hard to believe the people who say "I've been unfairly banned. I did not use a mod." More likely than not they aren't being truthful or they shared their account with someone who used a mod.

Sorry for the long post. But my point is this: be concerned if you are doing bad stuff. If not, I highly doubt Kabam is going to come and get you.
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Yodie wrote: »
    When u get to a high tier alliance u will understand

Bs... highest i rated in AQ was 114. And aw rating we where top 80 at one point aswell. I would never ever share my account with anyone. Its not neccessary at all. If you do. Go to a lower ally

Exactly right. It's far easier to share your phone number and get a text when you need to move in a top tier alliance. That, line app or e-mail.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,520 ★★★★★
    Yodie wrote: »
    The didn't ban regular acct sharing they banned ppl who acct share and the other person that played for them had the mod or they used the mod themselves and are just trying to play it off as they got banned for just account sharing

Not from what I've been reading yesterday and today. The idea that Account Sharing without Modding is not bannable is false. Any violation of TOS can lead to a ban. If people are still doing it thinking they won't touch them, then they pretty much deserve what comes.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Member Posts: 364
    If the video had anything to do with it then it was a very small part. Let's operate under the assumption that Kabam is not a small company. They have smart programmers, all game companies do. You do not get to be a top app in the app store if you don't have very smart people working and designing your games. I imagine that they have a way of tracking all information that occurs on their servers...times for fights, champions used for fights, potions and items used for fights. Operating under that assumption I also imagine that once the number of people achieving something "impossible" was reached they sprung a plan into action and pushed the ban wave. That's why I find it very hard to believe the people who say "I've been unfairly banned. I did not use a mod." More likely than not they aren't being truthful or they shared their account with someone who used a mod.

Sorry for the long post. But my point is this: be concerned if you are doing bad stuff. If not, I highly doubt Kabam is going to come and get you.

lmao smart programmers lets not give them that much credit. Bc if there was smart programmers we wouldnt have to re use energy on an already path that is explored in order to complete small paths in order to 100% the chapter. Quite frankly its pisses me off bc it makes no sense in using energy on a explored path whatsoever.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I'm in the same boat as one man army. My alliance got 37 last aq. That doesn't mean share accounts. We message in line when someone is needed and if they aren't active enough then hey get kicked

lmao smart programmers lets not give them that much credit. Bc if there was smart programmers we wouldnt have to re use energy on an already path that is explored in order to complete small paths in order to 100% the chapter. Quite frankly its pisses me off bc it makes no sense in using energy on a explored path whatsoever.

It's called making money...I think it is the goal of any business, even some non-profits. Yes, it is frustrating, but you can always quit the game if you do not like the content.
  • wray1976wray1976 Member Posts: 459 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    There are still a lot of bans to be given. They must have maded a pause yesterday.

How do you know this? Random assumption for the most part.
  • Arachnoid66Arachnoid66 Member Posts: 3
    So what you are saying is that I, an honest player, should be concerned about the quality of the game because they caught some cheaters and banned them. You are also saying that because the game team are to lazy to find the rest of the account sharing cheaters and that to solve this problem they should lower the AQ timers because AQ are to hard to do it without either cheating or spending a grip of dollars. So looking at it through my eyes I see the game team doing their due diligence and making sure they don't just go ban happy. Gathering evidence does take time and sometimes it looks like you are doing nothing. On the lowering timers I think that would create a much bigger problem and that would solidify your "who has the most time on their hands" theory. All of this to me is justification to break the tos. I want to win just like the next gamer but the victory is not as sweet when you break the rules.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Member Posts: 210 ★★
    I don't understand your base logic. They do something to help the game and community, and this causes you concern?

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.
    edited July 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    The premise that a video on YouTube spurred Kabam into action and a few days later they banned thousands of players is ludicrous. It takes time to flag, indentify and verify cheaters. This was weeks if not months in the making not days.

What supporting evidence do you have that people who completed LoL shared to an extent that was detectable or even that they shared in the first place? This is an unproven assertion at best, hardly grounds for the argument.

What supporting evidence do you have for your claims? You ask evidence for claims of others, but you never give one yourself.

Waiting for evidence.
    wray1976 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

How do you know this? Random assumption for the most part.

It's not random assumption. I know lot of people (more than 20) that are sharing accounts to move in AQ and AW, and they are still here. So it's not only a fair assumption, but a fact.
    On the lowering timers I think that would create a much bigger problem and that would solidify your "who has the most time on their hands" theory.

How can completing AQ in half the time benefit people who have most time on their hands? If anything, it's current system that benefits people with more time.

With 30 min timers, you can finish map 5 in about 8-9 hours if all people are very active. If they are not, you can finish in 15-16 hours or even more, and they don't have to log in as often as with 1 hour timers.

Why people defend 1 hour timers is still beyond me.

• KazdanDarkmanKazdanDarkman Member Posts: 8
    30 minute timers are terrible for people who have jobs. Those of us who work full time jobs cant login whenever we want to because...well...full time job.

How can completing AQ in half the time benefit people who have most time on their hands? If anything, it's current system that benefits people with more time.

With 30 min timers, you can finish map 5 in about 8-9 hours if all people are very active. If they are not, you can finish in 15-16 hours or even more, and they don't have to log in as often as with 1 hour timers.

[/quote]

Because not everyone can just play games for a living. Besides if your Alliance can finish map 5 or 6 in the allotted time great. If not then maybe instead of wanting the game to be changed maybe your team should be working on teamwork or doing some team building.

Cable wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that I, an honest player, should be concerned about the quality of the game because they caught some cheaters and banned them. You are also saying that because the game team are to lazy to find the rest of the account sharing cheaters and that to solve this problem they should lower the AQ timers because AQ are to hard to do it without either cheating or spending a grip of dollars. So looking at it through my eyes I see the game team doing their due diligence and making sure they don't just go ban happy. Gathering evidence does take time and sometimes it looks like you are doing nothing. On the lowering timers I think that would create a much bigger problem and that would solidify your "who has the most time on their hands" theory. All of this to me is justification to break the tos. I want to win just like the next gamer but the victory is not as sweet when you break the rules.

What I am saying is that it doesn't take over a year of gathering information and evidence to ban players. Sorry but I for one do not believe in coincidence. Youtube video comes out highlighting hackers 1 week and the next week bans happen. Give me a break.
    No you are right that this major ban was probably linked but they surely weren't twiddling their thumbs either. Over the past year there have been a lot of changes

Because not everyone can just play games for a living. Besides if your Alliance can finish map 5 or 6 in the allotted time great. If not then maybe instead of wanting the game to be changed maybe your team should be working on teamwork or doing some team building. [/quote]

Exactly those people would benefit from 30 min timers. Those two play games for a living have enough free time on their hands, so they don't care much.