**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry changes

I thought that the parry changes were supposed to go live by now ? There is no change in the proficiencies tree, limber is still the first, and it's still required in order to get parry and dexterity. More than that, changing masteries still cost units or gold.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It's only after the maintenance, I think. So by tomorrow it should already been changed
  • Options
    It's only after the maintenance, I think. So by tomorrow it should already been changed

They said : "December 4th - December 11th @ 10 am PST: Mastery Respec costs will be free! "
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    oak2m8938d8u.png
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited December 2018

Hmmm, not tomorrow
  • Options
    Hey All!

The changes to Parry and Limber's positions in the Mastery Tree will take place during the Scheduled Maintenance that occurs tonight. Mastery Respec Costs will also be free after that change tonight.

You can refresh your memory on the timeline in our Announcement Post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108199/relocating-parry-in-the-mastery-tree-respec-tonight-after-scheduled-maintenance/
  • Options
    Hey All!

The changes to Parry and Limber's positions in the Mastery Tree will take place during the Scheduled Maintenance that occurs tonight. Mastery Respec Costs will also be free after that change tonight.

You can refresh your memory on the timeline in our Announcement Post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108199/relocating-parry-in-the-mastery-tree-respec-tonight-after-scheduled-maintenance/

Thank you. One more quick question. what does this mean ? : "Take this opportunity to re-invest in Parry, but also to try out some other Mastery builds that you may not have tried in the past!"

Will I be able to put 5 points in assasin even if I didn't unlocked it ?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Cosminn wrote: »
    Hey All!

Thank you. One more quick question. what does this mean ? : "Take this opportunity to re-invest in Parry, but also to try out some other Mastery builds that you may not have tried in the past!"

Will I be able to put 5 points in assasin even if I didn't unlocked it ?
    No u cant.
  • Options
    Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    Of course it's tonight even though the information given was 10am today PST it would go live. Come on guys
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Mobius360 wrote: »
    Of course it's tonight even though the information given was 10am today PST it would go live. Come on guys

Actually, we didn't say 10 am PST. The line directly above it says that the Parry Mastery Core Refund will occur after the maintenance. There wasn't an actual time given for the removal of re-specing into Masteries, and we probably could have been clearer about that, but we meant to imply that it would all occur with that.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike y'all did claim that free mastery respec costs would go live by 10am pst. In Bold. I reset all my masteries based on that information.
  • Options
    DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    @Kabam Miike y'all did claim that free mastery respec costs would go live by 10am pst. In Bold. I reset all my masteries based on that information.

Why would u reset something that they will do for free?
  • Options
    Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    edited December 2018
    @Kabam Miike thank you for the response to my comment above. You did say at 10am it would be free. I went to Respec my masteries then noticed it wasn't live yet.

I also see in that post you made above that it says after maintenance. So confusing for us is all. Again thanks for the response. Looking forward to some mastery testing.
  • Options
    Why can’t people read? It say’s “November 29 parry is free”. That is for players who don’t have it yet. It say’s that the re-spec is December 4rth after maintenance. After maintenance everyone who invested in it will have to redo masteries, that is why they make it free. It is not that hard
  • Options
    How will this affect the min Mstry Pt reqmt in the tree if one already has Myst Disp ? The min reqmt remains for MD ??
  • Options
    Class base masteries like MD do not require other masteries unlocked first to unlock it
  • Options
    I am 95% sure only the 6 masteries in that tree will be reset to 0 and players will gain all the points used to place on any mastery they wish
  • Options
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    I know it's too late but please reconsider this idea as bad..

Theres alot of fights I turn parry off for but want to keep dexterity on.

5.4 story
    3.1? Variant Ultron might be 3.3 dont recall which had the node

Lol cwbp came in handy too

This works both ways. There are nodes In quests where enemy regenerates health when a buff is activated by player.

This will slow us to be able to parry still without worrying about regen from dexterity. Nothing is perfect. They should be in different trees
  • Options
    Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I want my cores back. I saw the damn message. You should have rolled it out in a way where resources hit first. And we should get all the resources back. Wasn't a cheap mastery all in. Better work just the same too. I'm about to riot.
  • Options
    CandleflyCandlefly Posts: 5
    Hey @Kabam Miike why do I have to buy more stony cores to max out my parry that was maxed out pre-maintenance? That’s F’d up!
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    They are late on refunds, how do you not see the giant yellow message at the top. Chill
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Wait an hour.
  • Options
    SafiulSafiul Posts: 17
    I want my cores back, for god sake don’t change something that nobody asked for.
  • Options
    Has the damage reduction always been 20% only at Parry level 3?

Other (older) sites are showing 33%.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    hershawn wrote: »
    Has the damage reduction always been 20% only at Parry level 3?

Other (older) sites are showing 33%.

I believe that changed around 12.0, if I'm not mistaken. Memory is fuzzy. I remember something of that nature.
  • Options
    Seagrass2Seagrass2 Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Hey, so some of us had no idea about this change and used the mastery points we were given back. Why did you not post something in the game? I really want to get parry back, but now can't have it fully for quite a while since I put one of them into Limber, which is okay, but parry is much more useful for me. Do you expect me to redo my masteries so I can get back what I was never told I had lost?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Seagrass2 wrote: »
    Hey, so some of us had no idea about this change and used the mastery points we were given back. Why did you not post something in the game? I really want to get parry back, but now can't have it fully for quite a while since I put one of them into Limber, which is okay, but parry is much more useful for me. Do you expect me to redo my masteries so I can get back what I was never told I had lost?

You can reallocate for free for a week.
  • Options
    Seagrass2 wrote: »

You can reallocate for free for a week.

What do you mean reallocate? @GroundedWisdom
  • Options
    Nevermind @GroundedWisdom