**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman on Thorns (uncollected)

Kayslay__Kayslay__ Posts: 2
edited December 2018 in Strategy and Tips
[removed by Moderator] How the heck are you supposed to get passed this dude??? Nighthawk is 10x’s easier. [removed by Moderator]
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Quake crossbones sparky heavy spam black widow any1 with good ability accuracy reduction sabretooth Ironman iw
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I used ghost
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Try ultron to get him low as much as possible, then finish him off with someone else
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I used SL for Iceman. Blade for anyone who can bleed (just parry/bleed them until you get a L2), GR for some. You can do it in 2 runs but if you have the champs you can do it in one without using items. It is BS but it's manageable BS lol. Pacify mastery helps a lot if you only hit them while they are stunned.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I hate thorns nodes in general but they did make it to where you only have to do half the path at once which is super nice and helpful. Just do the path in halves. Pick champs best for the first 3, then next run pick champs for the next 3. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m thinking IMIW might be the best counter to Iceman thorns.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Actually sentinel was a great counter to iceman on thorns spam heavy and l2
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    What counters thorns
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Strikerrx8 wrote: »
    What counters thorns

BW, Crossbones, champs like Yondu with a projectile hit
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    I just used r3 5* quake. Not too bad.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    R5 4* Quake did it easily here. Try finding solutions before claiming money grab. It makes the real money grabs go under the radar when everyone is crying wolf.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    for those saying quake i want to know how.. cold snap = no evade. no evade = no holding heavy. no holding heavy = hit them. hit them = thorns damage.

yes she works on everyone else. but is shut down completely by iceman. unless you plan on completely waiting out cold snap without doing any damage and that seems silly.

i got 10 poise charges on sparky, went ham on him until either him or i died. lost one champ and got over it tbh
  • Elektra
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think people forget when thorns used to be a normal AW node. Many different ways to play around it.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

I beat him with king groot. I shrugg off cold snap and spent 10 minutes on that fight 😂
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

I beat him with king groot. I shrugg off cold snap and spent 10 minutes on that fight 😂

Hey you finally found a good use for him! But for real any heavy regen champ like KG, blade, Ultron, Wolvy and possibly even VenoDuck can slog it out fairly easy

And if not there’s always CB, Elektra with Resonate, Black Widow, Taskmaster, and anyone capable of just dealing stupid high DoT… Archangel ESPECIALLY effective for enemies who at least bleed causebhos wings slashing at the will still make it easier thanks to Bleed Damage.

Oh and I think CAIW with science synergy and certain science champs like Rulk can work as well
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Hey you finally found a good use for him! But for real any heavy regen champ like KG, blade, Ultron, Wolvy and possibly even VenoDuck can slog it out fairly easy

And if not there’s always CB, Elektra with Resonate, Black Widow, Taskmaster, and anyone capable of just dealing stupid high DoT… Archangel ESPECIALLY effective for enemies who at least bleed causebhos wings slashing at the will still make it easier thanks to Bleed Damage.

Oh and I think CAIW with science synergy and certain science champs like Rulk can work as well

Yes i was shocked 😂 i used a team of 4/55 Venom 4/55 guillotine 4/55 KG 5/65 blade 4/55 hulk
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Personally I thought there was an understanding thorns was gone. If I remember correctly they even made a point of mentioning it when Korg came out. They kind of said something to the effect of don’t worry guys it’s NOT thorns (we said we wouldn’t do that again) you can play around/counter it. Maybe I’m imagining things, though 😂
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    WiMak wrote: »
    Personally I thought there was an understanding thorns was gone. If I remember correctly they even made a point of mentioning it when Korg came out. They kind of said something to the effect of don’t worry guys it’s NOT thorns (we said we wouldn’t do that again) you can play around/counter it. Maybe I’m imagining things, though 😂

Yeah seriously, I remember that too, extremely hypocritical, it’s annoying because I clear uncollected with “weaker champions” meaning I don’t have all these 4/55 champs, I have 5* Angela and Archangel at 4/55 and a wasp and hood as 6*. The damage back to me is (I think) too much for me to even like, do it with 5/50 ghost rider, Thorns would be fine if it was first chapter, but these champs have 5,000 attack. At first I thought this node was ok, but it’s really not. Along with a relatively difficult boss at the end with DarkHawk, this isn’t the worst EQ but one of the worst paths.

Found the Korg Thorns post
    *** Developer Note: Thorns. A lot of players are scared of this word, and with reason. We’ve decided to introduce this ability in a character but add ways players can strategize around it in order to take 0 damage. Perishing his Rock Shield will be essential. Also, the damage inflicted through this signature ability will not scale with Quest Nodes since it is based on the Champion’s Base Attack

So they know it’s BS
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Rafikii wrote: »
    for those saying quake i want to know how.. cold snap = no evade. no evade = no holding heavy. no holding heavy = hit them. hit them = thorns damage.

yes she works on everyone else. but is shut down completely by iceman. unless you plan on completely waiting out cold snap without doing any damage and that seems silly.

i got 10 poise charges on sparky, went ham on him until either him or i died. lost one champ and got over it tbh

Wait until coldsnap ends. And then full quake mode. If he has ice armor up, be careful just a little bit due to his stun imunity during ice armor up. But when ice armor is down, charge the heavy once more. Simple bro
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    I did it in one path with this team:

4* r5 Black Widow
    4* r5 Quake
    5* r3 Quake
    5* r4 Arcangel
    4* r5 Medusa (for Darkhawk)

The Quake+Widow Synergy was key.

For the Hulk Ragnarok used BW
    For the Iceman I did it with 5* Quake, waited out the coldsnap (which took like 40 %)
    For the Jugger and Modok Aarcangel
    For the GR the 5* Quake I slipped with a parry and died, finished him with the BW
    For the Morningstar I used the 4* Quake
  • HamzaHasanHamzaHasan Posts: 14
    It is not that bad, as it is pretending, if you have Quake even 4 star, then it is not that difficult.

What I did, I brought team of

5* Hyperion 455 (Duped)
    5* Starky 455 (Unduped)
    4* Quake 550 (duped)
    5* 455 Luke Cage (Unduped)
    5* Magik 455 (Unduped).

Basically, plan was to clear whole path with Quake, which I did with 2 revives, and sacrifice my 2 champs with greater healths and Attack (LC and Starky respectively) and Hyperion for Darkhawk and Magik was by backup.

I am attaching 2 of my videos that show how to deal with Darkhawk and how to play with Quake.

vs Darkhawk:
    https://youtu.be/V4EZCzYtKPg

vs Thorns Node:
    https://youtu.be/zH7CAoznqDo
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I did it with sabretooth and the killmonger synergy, just parry him and one medium attack, repeat, this until you get l2 and stack those furies. It's kind of tedious but with 3+ furies it isn't that long fight.

My ST is 4/55 btw
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Kabam need to get their maths right
    15% damage back?
    Looks more like 200%
    Toke this team. My champs ware full healt e didn't hit me ones

mk6kzl7ssaj3.jpg
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Quake all the path until MS and Darkhawk.. maybe i get lucky with no revive used. But quake is really the MVP for this path if you play well and got lucky with unnecessary error
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Jokepool wrote: »
    Kabam need to get their maths right
    15% damage back?
    Looks more like 200%
    Toke this team. My champs ware full healt e didn't hit me ones

mk6kzl7ssaj3.jpg

Kabam got there maths right, you need to get your reading right
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2018
    I did the thorns on two paths(mixed it up with the Arc Overload node), didn't want to do that thing all at once.

Anyways, I used 6* Yondu for the Thorns Iceman, hitting him on block and expecting critical hits and/or armor breaks. didn't manage to one shot him so I finished him off with Sparky. Almost all the other fights were done by either Elektra or Gwenpool (except Morningstar who I did with Red Hulk). No revives used on the two thorns runs but gotta admit 3-4 potions.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Yup imiw

Cold snap immune plus he uses repulsors.