**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For those who are thinking about taking a break

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
Just a quick note on my recent experience. I was in a competitive gold 1 platinum 3 alliance for the first 3 seasons of AW and ran AQ 5x5 all the time. Had minimum donations and event scores as well. Also, grinded at least 2 arenas to get the milestones and ranked rewards. Ive done the easy LoL path and 100% act 5. I also have a handful of 4/55 champs and one 5/65 so the progression is essentially non existent now because of the lack of t2a without grinding away in an alliance.

Got to be so much of a chore to play and felt like a job so I left the alliance, quit playing arena entirely and only logged on to use my energy on an EQ path. I never bought energy refills and purely played to slowly complete the months event quests.

Let me tell you, it has been so lovely to not worry about alliance duties and not be stuck on the game for an hour at a time. I might get on the game 1-3 times a day for 10 minutes or so (just enough to run an EQ path). By just logging on that little still leaes enough time to 100% the EQ on multiple difficulties as well.

If you are thinking of laying low on the game for a while because its so much of a chore, I highly recommend it. Its been a great change of pace and you dont fully realize how much time is dedicated to this game (a phone game i might add) until you stop playing for a bit.

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Amen to that.

Dr. Zola
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I have been like that for 2 years LOL @PeterQuill

You wont get behind if you do the monthly quest and play AQ relaxed.

The biggest harmony/hapiness destroyer of this game is Alliance War. It has broken all my friendships and the finger pointing never end.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    Just a quick note on my recent experience. I was in a competitive gold 1 platinum 3 alliance for the first 3 seasons of AW and ran AQ 5x5 all the time. Had minimum donations and event scores as well. Also, grinded at least 2 arenas to get the milestones and ranked rewards. Ive done the easy LoL path and 100% act 5. I also have a handful of 4/55 champs and one 5/65 so the progression is essentially non existent now because of the lack of t2a without grinding away in an alliance.

Got to be so much of a chore to play and felt like a job so I left the alliance, quit playing arena entirely and only logged on to use my energy on an EQ path. I never bought energy refills and purely played to slowly complete the months event quests.

Let me tell you, it has been so lovely to not worry about alliance duties and not be stuck on the game for an hour at a time. I might get on the game 1-3 times a day for 10 minutes or so (just enough to run an EQ path). By just logging on that little still leaes enough time to 100% the EQ on multiple difficulties as well.

If you are thinking of laying low on the game for a while because its so much of a chore, I highly recommend it. Its been a great change of pace and you dont fully realize how much time is dedicated to this game (a phone game i might add) until you stop playing for a bit.

True that, Ive slowed my pace to, part of of it was the hunt for certain champs, had me grinding for 5* shards, but I already have some amazing ones at R5, and its all RNG.
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

The biggest harmony/hapiness destroyer of this game is Alliance War. It has broken all my friendships and the finger pointing never end.

If this game can ruin your friendships I think you're taking it too seriously.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

war seasons has ruined the game for me, yet I still play due to the friendships I have built over the last 3 years
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Maybe unpopular opinion but I don't know why people make these posts. It's like they need a support group to justify the fact that they will be having a lack of progression in the game now. It's a game, it's up to you how you want to play it. You don't need justification from others as to how to play.

Personally, I enjoy being challenged so will always seek out high level play (and have fun doing it!). You could also join a retirement alliance who runs low level AQ and less than 3 BG AW's so you don't completely stunt your growth. If the point of you taking a step back is because you weren't progressing, now you really aren't. Sounds like the same frustration to me. Why even log on for 10 minutes?

In the end, all these opinions don't matter. Unfortunately I don't see these taking a break posts ever going way because everyone else who did the same needs to feel self assured when they see another person do it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    yes if you are a high ranking alliance player please take a break, makes it easier for the rest of us ;)
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Lol if you wanna take the pressure off then leave your alliance. I left a year ago, I come online when I want without thinking I have to go on the game.