**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season docking/ban timing

qopqop Posts: 52
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Last season, alliances were docked just before the last week of aw season. This season, I see alliances getting docked two weeks before end of season. This will allow alliances that got docked to recover their ranking to master tier.

Why make the time inconsistent or give them chance to recover their rewards?

I know a friend whose alliance got docked last season and he missed last season reward and cyber monday deal and now possibly this season reward too.

Least should make ban/docking schedule consistent between seasons. I also think tat docking just before last week of season is best.

Comments

• qopqop Posts: 52
    edited December 2018
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    It's based on when the cheat is discovered off season mid season last day irrelevant

I highly doubt people get banned exactly when it is discovered. Alliances wouldnt be getting docked the same time or players wouldnt b banned same time if so. Or perhaps i should be saying that it happens at certain times when kabam decides to filter and check ban “qualifications”.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Does it really matter if the ally cheated?
    If get docked while in master, shouldnt b able to recover bak to master, but plat1.

if was top3, to master. if master, to play1. if plat1 to plat2...imho
  • qop wrote: »
    Why make the time inconsistent

Because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Kabam is almost certainly doing periodic sweeps for cheats, but also responding to player reports of cheats. You're bound to see bans happening at all times, in ways explicitly intended to be unpredictable by players breaking the rules.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    qop wrote: »

Kabam is almost certainly doing periodic sweeps for cheats, but also responding to player reports of cheats. You're bound to see bans happening at all times, in ways explicitly intended to be unpredictable by players breaking the rules.

sure i can imagine bans here n there othertimes for other reasons. But bans concerning “piloting” are usually done together. I am criticizing the fairness of ban timing across seasons and the severity of the consequences of those tat get docked.
  • qop wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    qop wrote: »

sure i can imagine bans here n there othertimes for other reasons. But bans concerning “piloting” are usually done together. I am criticizing the fairness of ban timing across seasons and the severity of the consequences of those tat get docked.

There's no "usually" with piloting bans. Originally they were doing them piecemeal and then a big bunch happened all at once that people questioned. At the time I pointed out that it was standard practice for many MMOs to review and revise their process for finding rules violators and then "sweeping" the game for activity they could easily (relatively) catch, thus "ban waves." But while Kabam started implementing ban waves, they also continued to ban randomly throughout the season to the best of my knowledge.

There's a compromise that happens when you penalize. Of course if you penalize late in the season that alliance might not "recover" as easily, but if you allow cheaters to continue to cheat during the season you are affecting all alliances that have to face them. So there is no perfect optimal time to ban. The best time to ban is when they are detected, whenever that happens to be. You're penalizing to punish, but you're also penalizing to hopefully curtail the bad behavior and stop it from affecting others.

Incidentally, when it comes to season point penalties specifically it doesn't matter when those occur. War rating penalties can be worked off, but a point penalty is just a point penalty. You can't "work off" a point penalty if it happens earlier in the season. It is simple math: if you get a season point penalty whether you subtract that penalty at the beginning of the season or the end of the season or the middle of the season, the penalty has the same effect.
    edited December 2018
    You are wrong that time of ban has the same consequence whenever the ban wave or docking happens.

Alliance-wise, penalty of season points is fixed, but how can you say that a ban wave happening just before last week vs two weeks has the same consequence? Penalty point deduction is fixed, yet the time of recovery to probably or possibly being able to get back to the same ranking or same end result(aw reward) is totally different! I remember kabam mentioning tat they would drop multiplier of those they dock, but this never happened. Perhaps should b considered based on severity of the punisable act?

Player/individual l-wise, first, depending on ur number of previous offense, ur ban time is different (i wont argue about this but the current system of 1week, 1 month, permanent...doesnt work well or is fair because seveirty of offenses often differ). Anyway, someone who got banned for 1 month just before last week of season who will likely miss current season reward(deserved) + next season reward(due to aw reward qualification condition of 5 wars) does not face the same consequence as someone who would get banned 1 month 2 weeks before season is over (who will likely or can get next season reward).

bans dont “happen whenever tat happens to be”. Some bans are through automatic filtering or triggers like hack or third party detection, while some r based on timed search/filtering of certain conditions.
  • Hi there!

I understand being frustrated over these topics and want to talk them out, however, we don't allow the discussion of any banning on accounts via the forums. If you want to discuss the banning of accounts you need to contact our support team. You can do so by selecting the gear icon in the upper left corner of the main screen within the app. From there, select 'Support'.
This discussion has been closed.